Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
His attorneys are young, good looking and seem knowledgeable. The kind of guys a jury might like. Basically the total opposite of the attorneys for CA and JA. CW looks quiet and meek, like he couldn't hurt a fly! I think trial will be hell.

---
What is everyone's thoughts on the chances the DA asks for the DP in this case? I am going to google him in a minute.

My heart just breaks for SWs Daddy. I could feel his pain all the way over here. And about Mr. Monster who "claims" he didn't kill his little ones, if I have added correctly, you won't ever have to worry about being free again! At least you confessed to killing SW and disposing of your little ones bodies, that is more than enough to at the VERY least keep you behind bars for the rest of your life. You are a monster.

His attorneys are young, good looking and seem knowledgeable. The kind of guys a jury might like. Basically the total opposite of the attorneys for CA and JA. CW looks quiet and meek, like he couldn't hurt a fly! I think trial will be hell.

---
What is everyone's thoughts on the chances the DA asks for the DP in this case? I am going to google him in a minute.

I think chances for DP are slim in CO. Based on past rulings. IF he gets life, I can only hope for some prison justice.... slow & painful

I thought I read he was fired Wed and the bodies were found Thurs. From the affidavit, a 2 day investigation (starting Aug 14 - Tues) revealed the affair. The confession happened on the 16th - Thursday. Did Anadarko find out something sooner?

He confessed late Wed night. I’m sure they found out late that night or Thursday and terminated his employment effective yesterday. I doubt they even knew where he put the bodies yet when they made that decision.

Shannan owned a home in NC that she sold and likely was the down payment on their Frederick, CO home they bought in 2013.

When they filed for bankruptcy, they documented that their income of $91K wasnt adequate to pay $3000/mo mortgage, $600 car payment, and about $70k worth of outstanding debt consisting of student loans, medical bills, and credit cards

As far as I have seen, they have had only one bankrupty, on the house where the murders occurred.

A separate issue is a court date Aug 24 ( this Friday) because of $1552 due to their HOA and unpaid for what appears to be 2+ years

Thank you Herat! I think you may have explained that better than I. It’s my opinion the House was forfeited in 2015 & they stopped making payments. The only reason I feel this is applicable is because I believe their time in the home was almost up. This may have played into CW’s motive. Lots of pressures. Did SW know??

I didn't realize that they were planning on bankruptcy on their latest home, I thought that this had happened previously with their former home and in a different State.

I could be wrong but I thought that that there was a period of around seven years before one could file for the second bankruptsy....Perhaps it is different in each state....

I was watching his facial expressions while in court today and the biggest facial expression he made was when count 7, tampering with the body was read. He closed his eyes and shook his head slightly from side to side as one would do when saying no.(go to 10:35 in video below to see)

He did not have this response to the charge of killing Shannan, but did take a deep breath and then exhale while that charge was being read. The camera was not on him during several other charges. He did lick his lips quite a bit.

Last edited:
Given all his charges... if he was able to get a plea, it seems that the lowest he can hope for is life in prison without parole.

If that is the case... why would he go to trial?

Wonder if the state would refuse to offer him a plea?

Maybe someone with legal knowledge can comment.

Admin....can we get a ruling on gf please. I'm new so have mercy. I feel that she made up part of or all of his motive so it's fair to discuss but will put tail between my legs if vetoed.

We can talk about the reports that Chris was having an affair and how that may fit into the motive.

We cannot sleuth the person with whom he was apparently having the affair. Do not post her name here or sleuth her or her family here on the forum.

If, at some point, she is named as a suspect or POI, we will open up sleuthing as appropriate.

Thank you.

Isn't that the day he confessed? That's probably when his employers learned of his affair and that the bodies were on the property.
It

My guess they were very upset because bringing a haz mat trained team is expendiv. And the teams who work on those tanks are highly skilled. Hydrocarbon and vapors are toxic and flammable. I have no idea if the bodies would float sink or suspend. And the affidavit said tank(s) pleural so it makes me think he put them in two tanks. Twice the work to access two tanks.

Please dont believe the garbage that you hear on these crime show programs. Ashley Banfield was wayyy out of line for suggesting that last night.

She should be made to retract that statement
Unless she knows something we don't.

Given all his charges... if he was able to get a plea, it seems that the lowest he can hope for is life in prison without parole.

If that is the case... why would he go to trial?

Wonder if the state would refuse to offer him a plea?

Maybe someone with legal knowledge can comment.

He will go to trial because he doesn't want people to think he murdered his own children. He knows everyone sane would be disgusted by him.

I was watching his facial expressions while in court today and the biggest facial expression he made was when count 7, tampering with the body was read. He closed his eyes and shook his head slightly from side to side as one would do when saying no.(go to 10:35 in video below to see)

He did not have this response to the charge of killing Shannan, but did take a deep breath and then exhale while that charge was being read. The camera was not on him during several other charges. He did lick his lips quite a bit.

I felt like he was doing an acting job, keeping with his story that Shannan was the monster, he was the victim. I also thought his lawyers were going with the story, too, and proceeding accordingly. I’m dying to know if his father is on board.

I caught that too, probably shaking his head (in case anyone was looking) nope, I didnt kill that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288