Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been around WS in a long time but this case really caught my attention because I'm almost 21 weeks pregnant with our first baby. I just can't even imagine the pain her family is going through. And how in the world he saw it fit to kill his pregnant wife even if she was harming the other children (which I do not believe for one second that she was). :(

(I don’t know how you pregnant women can follow these threads...I remember there being a few in Savanna Greywind’s threads and I told them the same thing.)

Congratulations on your pregnancy by the way owlaroo! :baby:

IMO, even though CW's social media footprint is severely limited (due to his own deactivation of), he did appear to make weekly twitter posts until May 2018, I think the murders were premeditated, and that was when he began implementing his plan. Perhaps he thought he would disappear and everyone would assume the wife and kids left with him (thinking of McStay, Jamison, Godard, etc), or that she disappeared with the children and left him to "suffer" alone, thereby making him a victim.

IMO, I think with most murderous people, that eliminating "the" problem is their "go-to" plan & they fantasize endlessly about how they can pull it off.

IMO, I also think his claim is bs, if he killed SW after catching her strangling their child, I am sure there would be visible wounds on him, as she would have been fighting for her life. I think this was a surprise attack. I am curious about his defense asking for DNA swabs of the children's neck area...I hope he was not maniacal enough to place mom's DNA on the children, I shudder as I write this.

<modsnipped rumor>

Last edited by a moderator:
Shannan is 15 weeks pregnant. She has been traveling by plane and according to her friend hasn’t been feeling well. She has lupus- a painful, autoimmune disease that would likely limit her hand strength. Yet at 2 in the morning she comes home and strangles her babies whom she hasn’t seen in days?? Sorry I just can’t get over the absurdity of this!

There is no way this defense is going to work for him. It’s ludicrous.

Early pregnancy can be exhausting. This interesting person waited for her to come home on a late night flight, tired and unwell, and instead of fixing her a snack and tucking her into bed, he presents her with two dead children and kills her and her baby.

I can see him pacing around the house, building rage and resentment.

What a miserable waste of skin.

Now magz, you know my favorite beagles and monkeys don't deserve that cruel punishment. Send the furry ones my way and let him hang out in solitary or worse.
(That is so heartbreaking too. I can’t stand it. I started a thread a long time ago on some beagles in the lab at CSU...sorry, o/t. Checking out for a while. What I really meant to say was set the poor beagles and monkeys free and take him instead.)

I wouldn't put any weight on the later announcement about the termination as having any relevance to the specifics of the case.

Corporations have large and expensive 'Communication' departments, whose job is to ensure the corporation receives no bad publicity. Having an employee dispose of his dead wife and children in your facilities is hugely bad publicity. The Communications staff are doing their best to distance the corporation from this guy, to not be seen as having protected him and therefore abetted his getting away with murder.

That's the purpose of this communication about his termination. They didn't make this announcement in order to provide factual information, the true details are not important to them, it's the appearance of distance that matters.

My theory is at this time they knew about the affair, and it was against company policy, and that is the reason he was fired. It had nothing to do with the murder in my opinion.

I feel really, really sad beyond words. I dont know what else to say right now :(. That was awful to see, her father and brother. How can one handle such grief? I wish there was something we could do for them. But there isn’t. :( I too am worried about their health.

Selfish monster. Taking away Frank’s (and family’s) daughter and his grand babies for his own sick motives...can barely speak right now.

There are some things that can be done for them. There is a fund set up by a friend Lauren for their expenses associated with coming out here to ensure justice and while they are grieving too much to work. Even five bucks I think is helpful when you add it all up

I also think supporting LE and the district attorney is helpful. And sending cards or personal messages to the family. They've said they read each one and it has helped.

They've also asked for prayers. Those who believe can do that for them as well.

Last edited:
Regarding the June 2015 chapter 7 bankruptcy filing* (which was discharged in September 2015):

- they could - fairly easily IMO - have kept their house
Your Home in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy

- the upcoming civil court case regarding the HOA filing/debt doesn’t seem to be related to the bankruptcy as far as I can see.

*I’ve found a PDF of part of the filing. The entire filing plus discharge ruling is not available (as far as I can find) unless one has access to PACER. Which I don’t.
https://***********.com/wp-content/...y-filing-murdered-wife-two-daughters-docs.pdf

(Replace the ****** with radar online, no spaces).
I have access to PACER, let me see what I can dig up (pending the cost LOL)

While I do not believe his story, I don't understand the rush to demonize the "bad" person and put the "good" person on a pedestal. It is a sad fact the mothers who appear to be loving kill their children - and having been told your husband is leaving you could be a trigger for such a monstrous act. Killing your wife in a rage after she has hurt your children isn't all that far fetched either.

I think it is helpful to keep an open mind and let the facts play out without a bunch of wild speculation. Some are saying his Dad must have coached him to make up this story, but isn't it just as plausible that he spoke to his dad before confessing so that he could tell him what happened (be it a lie or truth) instead of letting him find out from the police? If you demonize him I guess it isn't possible to see another side to every action or word, but not all killers are ugly and not all pretty moms are saints.

IMO, even though CW's social media footprint is severely limited (due to his own deactivation of), he did appear to make weekly twitter posts until May 2018, I think the murders were premeditated, and that was when he began implementing his plan. Perhaps he thought he would disappear and everyone would assume the wife and kids left with him (thinking of McStay, Jamison, Godard, etc), or that she disappeared with the children and left him to "suffer" alone, thereby making him a victim.

IMO, I think with most murderous people, that eliminating "the" problem is their "go-to" plan & they fantasize endlessly about how they can pull it off.
IMO, I also think his claim is bs, if he killed SW after catching her strangling their child, I am sure there would be visible wounds on him, as she would have been fighting for her life. I think this was a surprise attack. I am curious about his defense asking for DNA swabs of the children's neck area...I hope he was not maniacal enough to place mom's DNA on the children, I shudder as I write this.

Given the the talk about losing his job, due to cocaine use, I wonder if he was a regular user, or if this was a recent habit, or if he was using it for "courage". I wonder if there was crack or meth use as well, I read news reports about almost daily, regarding the completely horrendous actions people are able to inflict on others while on drugs, but especially crack and meth...I mean sick, deranged stuff.

June 15- SW said her husband was saying he's been "more talkative since starting BURN! Talking to Random Strangers.
Hes's a Introvert." her words-
I think he had a gf at this point and he was hinting that. Taunting her perhaps??

There are some things that can be done for them. There is a fund set up by a friend Lauren for their expenses associated with coming out here to ensure justice and while they are grieving too much to work. Even five bucks I think is helpful when you add it all up

I also think supporting LE and the district attorney is helpful. And sending cards or personal messages to the family. They've said they read each one and it has helped.

They've also asked for prayers. Those who believe can do that for them as well.
Thanks for this, gitana.

I am struck by the changes in Chris watts facial features that have occurred in the last few years, he looks old and gaunt, his hair is gray and he just looks bad compared to what he did.

I agree with you ....I watched a presentation that he gave to a group about " personal relationships " in 2012 on line yesterday, compared to the way that he looked then and now, he is unrecognizable....Even a couple of years ago he looked totally different than he does now....He has aged rapidly, why? From his pictures he seems to have lost a lot of weight and bulked up in recent months/years, he is getting gray rapidly.....Did all of these changes come about because of his failing marriage, financial stress, Thrive Patches ? I keep coming back to the Thrive Patches that he has on in many of the pictures of him on SM....What are the ingredients in these patches? Lots of caffeine I would imagine but what else? Steroids? Unregulated Herbs? Does the LeVel Co list the ingredients in these patches, drinks and pills? Does LeVel provide warnings regarding these ingredients? Are any of these ingredients regulated by the FDA? Could these patches have played a role in this tragedy?

It is my hope that CW's attorneys have these patches tested...I keep harping on these Thrive Patches but they scare me....I don't want a tragedy like this to happen to another family ...

As sad as this story is , my heart aches for the loss of these four people.....He did a horrible , unforgivable thing in taking these lives but I cannot help but feel a twinge of sympathy for him ....Look at him , something has happened not only physically but psychologically as well , he looks gaunt, aged rapidly , almost emaciated ....Could he have a brain tumor ?

I was awakened several times last night thinking about what SW's last moments must have been like....And the innocent children's lives lost forever......I can only hope that SW never knew that her children were dead....

Thinking of the Rzcuek and Watts families ......

While I do not believe his story, I don't understand the rush to demonize the "bad" person and put the "good" person on a pedestal. It is a sad fact the mothers who appear to be loving kill their children - and having been told your husband is leaving you could be a trigger for such a monstrous act. Killing your wife in a rage after she has hurt your children isn't all that far fetched either.

I think it is helpful to keep an open mind and let the facts play out without a bunch of wild speculation. Some are saying his Dad must have coached him to make up this story, but isn't it just as plausible that he spoke to his dad before confessing so that he could tell him what happened (be it a lie or truth) instead of letting him find out from the police? If you demonize him I guess it isn't possible to see another side to every action or word, but not all killers are ugly and not all pretty moms are saints.
Raises hand, guilty as charged, Im definitely demonizing him and not ashamed to admit it. Yes mothers kill their children. We see that all the time here. If that were the case he could’ve called the cops, etc and the evidence would reveal he was trying to protect his children.

Instead he “......”.

Please understand I respect different viewpoints and this respectful discussion.

Really behind but you guys are master sleuthers. I can't believe how these threads are filling up and flying by.

In any case, I disagree a little bit with you. I can't tell you how many very married men told me they were "seperated" or "in the process of divorce", etc, whatever. I never gave them the time of day but this guy is a psychopath and would say or do anything.

And to the second point, I work at a medium sized company and there are a ton of people that I have no idea about their personal lives, married, kids, etc. And I would feel a little awkward asking about it, as a woman, about a man. It's a great way to out yourself as interested in him. Just me but, nope, I wouldn't ask.

So not trying to stir up anything, I think we just have different experiences or take on this. I'm going to defend the girlfriend here because I have no idea what horrors must be going through her mind or what she knew and what lies I have no doubt he fed her.

True. But in this day and age most women are going to immediately begin researching any potential mate on social media. It was clear that he had a pregnant wife and gushed about her husband.

I don't know about any of you but I couldn't date anyone who had a pregnant spouse, separated or not.

ETA: None of this is her fault regardless. I want to make that clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow