GUILTY AR - Acen King, 3, killed in road rage shooting, Little Rock, 17 Dec 2016 *Arrest*

It depends on the prison and hospital to be sure, but mostly I disagree. Mental hospitals are pretty soft. Especially for the prisoner who is only faking it. For those that are genuinely crazy, schizophrenic, they are already in hell. But for the fakers, no, get them out of there. They are ruining the mental health system by clogging it up with common criminals. Do you wonder why so many homeless mentally ill people are on the streets? Because there's not enough mental health beds. Why aren't there enough beds? There are many reasons, but worthless defense attorneys abusing the system and putting sane criminals in that system are not helping.

Another confirmation as to how this justice system is so unfair

there is truth to that statement. I have worked in several county jails and watched fakers and truly insane inmates come and go. they usually see through fakers pretty quickly.

It depends on the prison and hospital to be sure, but mostly I disagree. Mental hospitals are pretty soft. Especially for the prisoner who is only faking it. For those that are genuinely crazy, schizophrenic, they are already in hell. But for the fakers, no, get them out of there. They are ruining the mental health system by clogging it up with common criminals. Do you wonder why so many homeless mentally ill people are on the streets? Because there's not enough mental health beds. Why aren't there enough beds? There are many reasons, but worthless defense attorneys abusing the system and putting sane criminals in that system are not helping.

Little Rock man accused in road-rage killing of toddler ruled fit to proceed; trial date set

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/sep/18/little-rock-man-accused-road-rage-killing-toddler-/

Holmes’ defense attorney Ron Davis told the judge Monday that the state hospital had ruled his client fit to proceed. Davis changed Holmes’ plea from not guilty by reason of mental defect to not guilty. When asked by a reporter after the hearing whether he would challenge the state hospital’s findings, Davis said: “Stay tuned.”

An omnibus hearing was scheduled for Jan. 11. Holmes' jury trial was scheduled for Feb. 13-15.

Insanity is raised again in tot's killing; Little Rock man faces trial in ‘road rage’ case

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/jan/12/insanity-is-raised-again-in-tot-s-killi/?f=news-arkansas

At Thursday's hearing, attorney Ron Davis said recent conversations with Holmes' family have led him to conclude that Holmes' mental state needs to be examined by a private doctor as part of his defense strategy.

Davis said he needs time to hire a doctor and that Holmes' mother will have to pay for that examination. The attorney suggested that process might require that Holmes' trial be delayed.

Circuit Judge Barry Sims said he was reluctant to reschedule Holmes' Feb. 13 trial until Davis makes progress toward getting Holmes evaluated by his own doctor. The judge set a Feb. 12 hearing to decide how to proceed.

ANOTHER mental exam???? Come on.... This beautiful boy and those who knew and loved him (and now have to live on in their pain) deserve justice...

Thanks for the updates here JusticeWillBeServed. (Aprapos name here.)

Suspect in fatal shooting of toddler clashes with his Little Rock attorney at hearing; ‘I’m done,’ lawyer tells court
Gary Eugene Holmes and attorney Ron Davis clashed openly, with Holmes complaining that Davis is not doing a good enough job for him. Davis said he'd reached such an impasse with Holmes that he cannot go on being his lawyer.

Davis said he'll soon be filing a formal request to withdraw from the case, a move that could delay a trial that has already been pushed back once.

Man Wanted for Capitol Murder in 2013 Cold Case
Jun 20, 2018 10:01 PM
"LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - A local man is wanted on Capitol Murder warrants in regards to a 2013 cold case.

Antwoin King has an active Capital Murder warrant out for his arrest, according to Little Rock Cold Case Homicide Unit detectives.

The warrant is in connection to a murder that happened on Jan. 28, 2013.

According to police, Joseph McCardell, 38, was shot to death in his home on West 18th Street, near Schiller Street."

"Antwoin King is the father of three-year-old Acen King, the toddler shot and killed during an apparent road rage incident in 2016. "

LRPD says King should be considered armed and dangerous.

If you know his whereabouts you are asked to call 911

Attorney's request to quit case denied; Little Rock man accused of killing 3-year-old boy in car

The attorney for Gary Eugene Holmes tried to quit Monday, a day before Holmes' trial for first-degree murder, but a circuit judge said he saw no reason to delay the trial and denied the lawyer's request.

"You're making me go to trial with someone I don't want," Holmes told Pulaski County Circuit Judge Barry Sims.​

Trial begins for man accused of killing 3-year-old Acen King in road rage incident

The jury selected in the case includes six men and six women with an alternate. Opening statements were held and the state gave the jury a picture of what happened on the day King was killed.

Ron Davis, who is representing Holmes, is asking the jury to keep in mind that Holmes must be found guilty only beyond a reasonable doubt. Holmes has tried multiple times to remove his attorney, claiming conflict of interest and claiming in a letter, “He has failed to represent me.”

<snipped>

King’s grandmother, Kim King-Macon, was questioned before the court to recall her experience. She explained hearing someone honk at her while she was at a stop son in southwest Little Rock. She had her two grandsons in the back. She honked back, then saw a man exit a car and she heard a shot fired.

“The gunshot went off. I looked back at my grandchildren and saw nothing wrong with them,” said Macon. She didn’t see where he shot until she arrived at the JC Penney on Shackleford and found her lifeless grandson in the back seat. “The one-year-old kept crying. I said, ‘Acen is asleep Elijah. Please stop crying,’” said Macon.

Macon explained there were no other instances where King could have been shot. “I think I would have heard another gunshot,” said Macon.​

Exclusive: Mother of Acen King Talks About Trial

Nearly two years after 3-year-old Acen King was shot and killed in his grandmother's car, Acen's mother, Gashon Bell, sat down with Fox 16's Donna Terrell on Wednesday to talk about the sentencing of Acen's killer that had just happened hours earlier.

Gary Holmes will spend 50 years in jail.

It took the jury about 30 minutes to reach its guilty verdict, then an hour to decide his sentence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back