WA WA - Samantha Sayers, 28, Vesper Peak, North Cascades, 1 August 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you give me a short recap? I can't listen because hubby is sleeping in same room.

She and her husband returned home to the East Coast because he needed to work. They have a new normal. They firmly believe Sam is alive. She will block any negative comments. They love Kevin and his family. Today people were going to hike to where dogs smelled Sam. Drones were supposed to go up today. She hasn’t heard update on those things but often doesn’t until late at night.

She and her husband returned home to the East Coast because he needed to work. They have a new normal. They firmly believe Sam is alive. She will block any negative comments. They love Kevin and his family. Today people were going to hike to where dogs smelled Sam. Drones were supposed to go up today. She hasn’t heard update on those things but often doesn’t until late at night.
Thank you.

Always carry a Flare Gun when hiking. Its easier to point searches in the right direction. I hope they find her.
I lost my brother suddenly 4 years ago to a sudden aggressive cancer (just days after losing my dog to cancer). In cleaning out his stuff I found a loaded flare gun in his nightstand. I had no idea what to think of that! After reading your words, it makes sense now. He lived in Poulsbo, WA near the Olympic Mountains and probably took it with him hiking as he always went alone. He was a retired submarine and couldn't get enough of the wild and open. A flare gun makes sense now. Thank you.

I watched the 1st video & posted/emailed a pic of something that caught my eye. It's got a lot of attention from others that see "it" too. But, now that I've looked at it over and over again, I doubt that it's anything. Just my mind is playing tricks.

I watched the 1st video & posted/emailed a pic of something that caught my eye. It's got a lot of attention from others that see "it" too. But, now that I've looked at it over and over again, I doubt that it's anything. Just my mind is playing tricks.
On DJI 0006 video, at 2:47 is something that looks man-made in the left corner on a rock. I don't know how to get things off of the screen, but check it out and see what you see.
edit, never mind, It's probably the drone handler's stuff.

On DJI 0006 video, at 2:47 is something that looks man-made in the left corner on a rock. I don't know how to get things off of the screen, but check it out and see what you see.
edit, never mind, It's probably the drone handler's stuff.

I assume that's the drone handler standing there at 2:40?

There's also a person walking into the woods at about :30 at the top middle, looks like a woman.

But the main thing I notice is how treacherous the terrain looks. Lots of walking across scree and loose rocks on the trail.

Last edited:
Wow all the videos already had 4000-5000 views! If anything is on there it should have been spotted.
I've watched them all as closely as I can several times. I didn't see anything that seemed man-made other than the one other hiker, who is probably search and rescue and the drone handler. There is a site where a person can voluntarily search areal photos to help a non-profit find evidence of artifact poaching, and I think I must have spent hundreds of hours scouring images on there. Of course we could all watch these videos a million times and still not spot something important, but my guess is, the family and bf have watched them endlessly.

I wonder what her survival strategy is? Like in the case of an accident or fall, if she is injured wold she stay out in the open frequently so someone could spot her? Drop something? Write something in rocks? I have read a bunch of articles were the talk about her experience with hiking, but has anyone said what they think she would do?

I wonder what her survival strategy is? Like in the case of an accident or fall, if she is injured wold she stay out in the open frequently so someone could spot her? Drop something? Write something in rocks? I have read a bunch of articles were the talk about her experience with hiking, but has anyone said what they think she would do?

Not sure. I would think she'd want to be around a source of water - that could be the snow, it could be a lake or river. That's assuming she's mobile, but if she's mobile I would think they would have found her by now, or she would have self-rescued. Spada Lake is a reservoir but has a boat launch and is used for recreation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam