Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, I’ve read people trying to make excuses for her, “maybe she didn’t know, maybe he told her they were separated” - but she was supposedly a co-worker, so she knew... In this day and age, you should research anyone before dating them, and there are plenty of resources available so I have a difficult time excusing the mistress even if she didn’t work with him.
I’ve seen very FEW if any that weren’t convicted of murder after jury found out defendant was cheating ... it’s true, cheaters rarely win.
The co-worker definitely knew when she watched CW begging Shanann to come back to him in the interview.

Weld County DA announces charges against Christopher Watts

Aug 20, 2018

"Shanann Watts' father read from a prepared statement before Weld County DA Michael Rourke announced the charges against Christopher Watts"

---

Chris Watts waives preliminary hearing in court appearance, will be held without bond

Aug 21, 2018

"Chris Watts was told Tuesday at an advisement hearing in a Weld County courtroom that he faces nine felony counts, including first-degree murder and unlawful termination of a pregnancy, in connection with the deaths of his wife and two daughters in Frederick last week."

---

Shanann Watts' father weeps as husband is charged with killing family - Daily Mail

Aug 21, 2018

"Frankie Rzucek, 55, the father of murdered Shannan Watts broke down in tears as his son-in-law Christopher Watts 33, was charged with nine felony counts in court on Tuesday. Watts whose hands and legs were shackled did not lift his not lift his head to acknowledge his father-in-law as he shuffled out of the third-floor courtroom. Judge Kopcow told him that if found guilty of the murder charges he could face the death penalty and in any case will never see life outside of prison. Watts is accused of murdering his 15-week pregnant wife and their two daughters, Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3, at their Frederick, Colorado home last week."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it is helpful to keep an open mind and let the facts play out without a bunch of wild speculation. Some are saying his Dad must have coached him to make up this story, but isn't it just as plausible that he spoke to his dad before confessing so that he could tell him what happened (be it a lie or truth) instead of letting him find out from the police? If you demonize him I guess it isn't possible to see another side to every action or word, but not all killers are ugly and not all pretty moms are saints.

Absolutely. Each citizen deserves a robust defense. You, I, Chris, everyone. I agree.

But I will disagree, just as completely, that "not all killers are ugly".
Unless in self-defense or perhaps a mercy killing, taking the life of a human being is, in fact, about as ugly as it gets.

Let me make this as clear as day. And this is not just my opinion, actually.

"All individuals have the unalienable right to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness". That's a shorten version, I'm sure you know, of the fifth amendment.

Now, this is MOO.

All killers, people who deny this right of others to life, are in fact the very definition of ugly and wretched human beings. That's not demonizing them. They demonize themselves through their own sick crimes.

The problem with rumors and unconfirmed info is that a lot of people come to a thread and don't read back very far (no judgment!)... and so its easy for a statement to get assumed as fact as it starts getting repeated over and over.

The tight restrictions about posting sources from main-stream media actually makes Websleuths a much better forum to participate in than Reddit and other sites. Sure, sometimes interesting nuggets of information by folks with insider information can get shared on other forums, but these tend to be buried by hundreds of posts based on nothing more than wild speculation. It can be impossible to tell the difference, and so for me, that becomes a waste of time.

I am not sure why there are so many posters upset over me commenting about potential drug use, on page 2 of the very first thread, prior to the arrest and discovery of bodies, there were speculations of: SW "looking" mentally ill in her pictures, money woes, pyramid schemes, possible affairs, running away, hubby being suspect, etc...this all while they were just "missing". It seems we can accuse her of looking crazy, running off, being involved in pyramid schemes, we can speculate on him having an affair and "doing something" to them...why in heaven's name is his possible drug use (cocaine, steroids, etc) taboo? I am trying to learn, not harass.

I don't think upset at you, is the right interpretation.

WS is about speculation yes, especially pre-trial - there's often so little to go on.
So picking one from random of your list : couple of people posted on speculation CW cld have been molesting the kids/one of the kids.
IIRC they said basically :
"What if CW was molesting the kids?" and " IMO CW could have been molesting the kids."

There's a difference between that and saying
"Apparently CW was molesting the kids." or " I've heard/was told CW was molesting the kids"

That's all this is about- the difference. Definitely isn't personal CaeElle.
( I have known a case of coke mania + crime so if it later comes out that he's been a heavy user, I'll be on it - ditto several posters said in early threads - what if this is a steroids or supplements side-effect etc etc)

EDIT - everyone has already replied to CaeElle's post. You didn't need another one. Basically just to say that what happens on WS is the sentence in italics above, then ends up over 20 pages as we all go down the rabbit hole. Then it takes another 10 pages of everyone else going :"Whoa - hold on"

Last edited:
Re baby monitors. We have two Arlo and Nest. Both record. They both detect motion and alert and record with any movement. They are blue light at night. Also I can pull the recording up anytime the next few days. I.

From a screen shot on SW page, it appears that they had a Summer brand of monitor. Summer does not have a monitor that records.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/142900/

what does that phrase indicate? that there was on going domestic violence prior to the murder or during the murder?
Not sure. I mentioned maybe the prosecutor is going to show a pattern of prior DV which escalated to murder?

So this guy is saying he had to kill Shanann as she was killing their babies but he dumped their bodies surreptitiously in a remote oil field.

I'm just dreading what he will say next about why he did that.
My guess: He loved her so much that he didn't want to destroy her reputation and image. He didn't want people to see her as a baby killer. :mad:

I'm also worried he'll claim he didn't want to destroy her reputation and that he might have had the forethought to scrape some of the girls' DNA under her nails.

Either that or he'll claim he panicked and thought he would be blamed for the girls murders. But he still would have been the number one suspect if they remained missing, especially once the affair inevitably came out.

I’m really really curious as to why he was fired? Could he have gone into a rage at work? Behavior change or just not done his job? Did someone complain to HR about possible flirting? We may never know.

In all probability, his company might have a policy about tampering with well & crude storage sites which he definitely did. And they could possibly have some sort of policy regarding crime and being absent from the workplace sitting in jail. JMO

This is what it comes down to for me: think of all the elaborate mourning and grieving rituals we have. Every society has its own mourning and grieving rituals. Everyone grieves differently, but almost everyone agrees grief and mourning are real human experiences that deserve respect.

Now think about dumping your own child's lifeless body in a vat of crude oil. It's inhumane, there's no reasonable excuse. You have to be a monster to do it.
And that is exactly why he will definitely be convicted, it’s what removed the minuscule amount of doubt in my heart ...

From a screen shot on SW page, it appears that they had a Summer brand of monitor. Summer does not have a monitor that records.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/142900/

That's a pity.
Apparently they also had an Echo, seen it a few times on the thread so far, in SW's Instagram shots . With that don't you have to call "Alexa" wake -word anyway ( same with the other brands?)
Can't imagine if I was in SW's shoes I would have the presence of mind to call that to record an attack in any case.

Exactly, and it's not like he has anything better to do with the rest of his life, than waste the courts time with a long drawn out trial, extra bonus for CW, watching his FIL and IL's so upset, while he ruins the reputation of the woman he hated so much he (allegedly) killed her and her children.

Also, with a long drawn out trial, not taking a plea, it gives him something to do to fill his empty long days. In his mind, trial might give him some prison cred, as man I didn't do it y'all, my wife killed those kids and look what I did to her, I am a HERO you guys, don't kill me behind bars, I am not the baby killer SHE WAS...

Hopefully his fellow inmates see right thru his lies..and justice will be served one way or the other..

I watched the court proceeding today. The camera zeroed in on SW' s dad just when the lawyers requested protective custody for CW. You could tell the irony of that order did not escape him. CW was
asking for something his daughter and grandbabies were denied. Protection!

Yes. The lien was most likely put on the home by the HOA. The Watts were being sued for unpaid dues by their HOA. This is a common measure taken by HOAs to recover unpaid dues. My theory is that the Watts were giving up their home as part of their bankruptcy, so they did not bother to pay the dues (which totaled a bit over $1,000) because they knew the HOA would be reimbursed through the lien upon sale/foreclosure of the home.

The bankruptcy was in 2015 - they weren’t applying for it again.

Disagree. This is you logically and passionately looking at the fact and stats you know. Some people will buy it...

By the way I agree with so much of what you say. But people who don’t follow true crime may and possibly will buy it.
I still say, dumping those babies in a crude oil tank and jurors getting pictures of them in that condition (I’m assuming jurors will see photos of deceased) will be enough to remove any doubt no matter what stories he tells about Shanann’s spending and other reasons CW concocts that he thinks will make his actions reasonable to a jury.
I’m sorry I just don’t think there is ANYONE who will end up on a jury that will consider dropping baby girls into a vat of crude oil a response they might consider even in a traumatic situation.

On the witness list there is a female witness noted in the document who was also on the final Thrive business trip SW took ~ there is a group photograph taken at a restaurant which includes the noted witness and SW together with other Thrive members that was posted on NU (NA) facebook page posted on Aug 18th, 2018 (obviously photo taken prior to that date) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member