Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's how he spells his name, & that's his legal name, shouldn't mass media use his version?

I would say so! I just got the spelling Cristhian from his FB profile, I could be wrong.

I can see how media/LE would tend to use "correct" spelling without even noticing it is wrong in this case. Since he is an illegal citizen, maybe they don't even have official documents to compare yet.

Even more importantly, we should be teaching our sons to respect all women as equals, to understand what consent means and that you don't invade someone's personal boundaries. It needs to be drummed into our sons at an early age that they are not entitled to a women's time, affection or body - and that violent aggression is never the appropriate way to resolve a personal conflict .

Sorry graphic!
Thanks Marie but after 5 weeks in this weather there won't be any fluids or soft tissue left. Decomp will have entered the dry stage and I hope they can still find trace evidence linking to the killer. (If she was killed, we don't know this yet, right?)

In most cases yes but not always.... I had a case once where two people were left in the middle of July in similar circumstances as being described here and I accept that often there won’t be any fluids or soft tissue left but in the case I dealt with ( unless we are alluding to the same conclusion but just laying it out differently) the bodies were fully intact and mummified. Totally preserved but like old leather . Apologies if this is too graphic a description.

A huge thank you to this site in the way it requires us to use MSM and to not use full names. I Have seen all kinds of crazy theories these past 4 weeks including her family. Then that poor pig farmer...never in a million years, did I imagine that this guy would be Molly's killer. I am so thankful to LE for their diligent work in not only finding her,but also arresting the guy.

Longtime reader, new poster. Just re-read the rules twice and THINK I'm allowed to say this but not sure, so please delete if inappropriate. I see on his public Facebook page that of the last 14 friends Rivera added on Facebook, 13 of them are young women who look exactly like Mollie:(

Does anyone else think this isn’t this guys first trip down stalking and murder lane? Surely one doesn’t just wake up one day and see a jogger and think “I think I’m going to accost her today”?

I think that when she mentioned to call the police he panicked because of his immigration status, at that point he figured he had nothing to lose, heartbreakingly she lost her life.

My bet is the vast majority of media will quit covering Mollie's story.

Well, there are two high profile murder cases in the news this week: Mollie's and the murders of Shanann Watts and her daughters in Frederick, CO by their own husband and father. Both will be covered in the news media and both are early in the investigative and criminal justice process. Lots of information will be coming out, the public will await autopsy results and details of the crime in all these murders. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks