Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Googled the location where this **** attacked her. Route 370.
Totally rural, and she was out there at night, alone.
With nothing but a cell phone.

Phones don't save your life on a run. Pepper spray. Bear Spray. Learn to use it, and never leave home without it.
One pepper spray, $14.99 at Dicks Sporting Goods..... Mollie might still be with us. Getting ready for college.

I think there is no secluded place in the world safe for women and children any more.

The worst part of this case, imo, is that it was absolutely 100 % preventable, had we enforced our existing immigration laws. I cannot imagine the agony of this fact. A beloved daughter's life snuffed out, and it all could have been avoided in this particular case. Horrific. And no, I am NOT into politics or political posts, just angry about this situation !

I don't know for sure we can make that leap. This guy was 17 -20 when he sneaked into the USA. Did he have a record or history of assault in Mexico? With the way women are viewed there, would we have known if he had arrived the proper way?

<modsnipped>

NOW with Mollie's death - and her killer being here 4-7 years and sexual deviants known to never be cured and their re-offend window (note: not necessarily the window they are charged with a crime) can range from 1 week to 12 years, on average, and with the differences with how women are treated/viewed in some countries -

My head is reeling. We make laws because of conduct by few require lines to be drawn to make our communities safer. I don't want to be cruel but I do not want to be foolish.:(:(:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on a murder here in my town, perpetrated by a man who was here illegally, the way it works, is they are incarcerated here for the term of their sentence, and then deported. Otherwise, a lot of people, when deported, just re-enter the country and turn up someplace else.
Don't you have to automatically serve your sentence where you committed your crime? Think of Amanda Knox in Italy.

Any middle to long distance runner will know it doesn't matter how fit you are if someone tries to fight or take you near the end of your run your energy levels will be depleted and it's possible your reaction time has slowed depending on how hot you got running.
Poor Mollie
You know what...I used to run a State beach bike path in the dark
(pre dawn) with headphones blasting, alone. I liked to get my cardio in before my shower, drive to work. If I needed to pee, I ducted in a state beach bathroom then resumed my run. I continued this routine even after a girl was raped & killed in one of those b/rooms. I pretty much thought THAT would never happen to me. I was fit , aware, careful but mostly I was addicted to the routine & the high from the run.

Does he live alone? I ask that because to the best of my knowledge, you now have to show ID to get utility services. I have to give Comcast my SSN to get broadband service. About the only thing you don't need ID for is a burner phone.

if your date time is off and it commonly happens and can be hard to correct so hard to find day you are looking for also consider that if you have 8 cameras it takes 8 min to watch 1 min of real time.

My camera's have been off before without catching it for months and they were not off by the same period of time either. For example when I lost power my date was reset then so many days went by before I lost power again which spread the dates apart even more and it was just frustrating trying to get the exact date LE requested. It literately took me 4 days to get the exact date they wanted to footage of and probably a minimum of 80 hours I spent watching the footage to figure it out.

Yup. That's amazing isn't it? He pursued her so far out into the northeast of town. I wonder if she knew he was behind her by that point. If she had, why run further away from town?
Is this the address for the arrest warrant? As in arresting him where he lived or worked? All I heard for abduction spot was 385. Did they say 385 east or west?

excerpt from The Rules found here:

Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information

It is the responsibility of each Websleuths member to understand and abide by the rules and policies listed below. Should you have questions, please address them in an email to WS Adminstration at websleuthscomments@gmail.com.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

While we believe very much in the freedom of speech & expression, you DO NOT have an absolute right to say whatever you want in this community. WS is based in the United States, but is not an agency of the Federal or any State government - so the 1st Amendment to the United States Constitution and similar State amendments regarding your right to free speech DO NOT APPLY HERE.

Anything that goes against our core beliefs and the purpose for which this community was designed may not be allowed.

Posts and comments intended to incite conflict between members or outside parties are strictly prohibited.

WS Administration has the absolute right to edit, modify, and delete any content found posted on this website.

You can never control someone else's behavior. You can only control your own. BE PROACTIVE. Don't warn him you are going to call 911. Call 911. Don't hesitate. Don't think you might be wrong. Let LE sort it out. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.
I agree with this advice, however, it's possible he could have lied about this to LE (along with other things like blacking out), e.g., saying she warned him she was going to call the police, when she actually tried to call and had no reception or he knocked the phone out of her hand or disabled her well before she had a chance to call 911.

I think so, too, and wonder about the Fitbit/iPhone helping the techs with the areas identified on the map here: https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

Then some gumshoe work interviewing homeowners and checking for surveillance videos. Tedious, important and a sign of the times (technology and crime fighting).

Kudos for calling in the FBI and their techs!
I wear an Apple Watch I love. I got a Fitbit charge 2 still in the box from Christmas. Maybe I’ll get it out and wear both. If one doesn’t track the other will as a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong