Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
excerpt from The Rules found here:
Indeed, some users suggesting that his legal process deportation order is somehow irrelevant is strange. It is part of the record of this individual, and different then the vast majority of immigrants who in fact have no deportation order. This is similar to an active want/warrant issued with full due process.

Feds will hold off on deportation, due to the severity of the crime committed. I believe he will deported after his sentence is served.
Hoping that he slips on a bar of soap and "blacks out" forever in custody.
LEO in PC today said the Iowa DA's office is charging him with first degree murder with life in prison with no parole. So if he's convicted as charged, his sentence would never be served until he's dead after spending the rest of his life in prison in the US.

Do you live in Brooklyn, Iowa? If not I can assure you that the police have no interest what "guilty signs" that someone on a true crime website claims to have observed. They wanted real live witnesses who saw real live things.

If that was the case, why didn’t they ask those real live witnesses earlier to come forward, and give those real live possible witnesses signs on what they should look out for? I didn’t ask that LE post on Websleuths the signs. My post stated that us on true crime websites already have an idea what to look for, but the general public may not.

Does anyone else feel a tight fist clutching at their heart when they think of poor Mollie running terrified and alone down the road, while that unspeakably evil thing mercilessly pursues her? I can't begin to fathom what her last moments were like...and I don't want to.

Let justice roll down like waters.

Ugh. Horrible. If only a car had driven by....

I Googled the location where this **** attacked her. Route 370.
Totally rural, and she was out there at night, alone.
With nothing but a cell phone.

Phones don't save your life on a run. Pepper spray. Bear Spray. Learn to use it, and never leave home without it.
One pepper spray, $14.99 at Dicks Sporting Goods..... Mollie might still be with us. Getting ready for college.

Wasp and hornet spray is good, too. A larger dispenser, but it shoots caustic liquid for a long distance.

Glad they found the horrible person who did this to Mollie so he doesn't have a chance to take away another beautiful life.. I've always wondered how it seemed like there was no video captured of Mollie during her jog in this day and age where seemingly everything or anything is captured on video. Earlier this summer I put up cameras when a neighbors car was broken into and when my driveway alarm went off a few nights later. It keeps about a months footage and gives me a little peace of mind for my family safety and that of my neighbors

Mindhunter, Journey into Darkness, Obsession, by FBI Profiler John Douglas and Mark Olshaker.

Whoever Fights Monsters, by Robert Ressler.

The Evil that Men Do, by Roy Hazelwood.

All these books talk about the role of fantasy in lust murder. They discuss research that shows a correlation between media, and the fantasy itself. They are written by very well respected former FBI profilers.

For very specific ill individuals yes, but your statement inferred it effects the masses. Is there a link (or book title as you typed) that shows a correlation of games/movies to increase murder by that specific manner?

Someone help me - wouldn't LE have combed through ML's and her brothers Facebook accounts? Or could they? And they would have found the same thing some of you found - granted we are working it from a known position and LE is working a mystery with an ILLEGAL (invisible in some ways) as the person who hurt Mollie - I am so curious if LE was able to get what they needed from Facebook and others.

We all sign terms of service when we venture into cyber lanes. And I hope we have things in place for sites/companies to be able to help just as the neighbor did who provided the cam footage.

Anyone know the legal side of what LE had to hurdle?

As I take a look at what happened I see where the local LE had 4-7 years to know who this guy was if he was driving around this region. In my state, LE routinely does check points and they get to know who drives what where. Do they do that in IA?

Could this case bring check points to the foreground?
How do you go 4-7 years without being pulled over? I get tickets every few years. How do you even purchase a car? Registration of vehicle? Paycheck? I have so many questions about this whole situation.

and this question can finally be put to bed: She never returned home after her evening run.

Rest in Peace Sweet Mollie :(

I was one who thought she made it home and left with someone willingly. I was wrong. Otto, DocBrew and others who insisted she was abducted on her run were right on. I believed her dad's story, I thought he was right and I hoped it would be that way. Though, I had a gut feeling that she wasn't still alive some where. I'm sorry that this is the outcome. I'm so sorry for her family and friends. Such a sad, sad situation.

Good work to otto and others with the running routes, abduction scenarios, etc. I wish the outcome were different. :(

I'm just going to take a guess on this, but I am assuming because it's a really hot topic. And people can't discuss things rationally without calling names. JMO

Right. But I think we can talk about his status when it comes to things like where he will serve his sentence, will he be deported, how LE tracked him. The problem is when people delve into politics and begin acting horribly. No one can control a thread like that. There are so many places to yell about this issue, that are not here.

It does seem like he’s forming a defense ....by working backwards.
He merely tried to run with her , strike up a conversation...she became angry,etc.

It's still felony murder even if he "just" assaulted her and she died. I don't think he's setting up anything. I think he was cornered by LE and realized he had no way out so he told them what happened. I think LE outsmarted him and this was just good detective work once they had their suspect.

I agree with this advice, in general, but it wouldn't have helped Mollie to scream for help on a deserted country road, in fact she may have screamed for all she was worth, and no one was around to hear or see him harassing and then attacking her. From what LEO said in the PC today, he stalked her on her run, was laying in wait picking a location that was isolated, and no one would hear anything.
For those that don't think an a person can be blindsided, even if alerted, remember cases like Amber Deboise, Chelsea King, and, from my own memories, a friend who fought off an attacker while running and ended up with a only small cut on her neck, and my daughter running in broad daylight in a large city on a busy street, who fought off an attacker while at high noon.
It's probably always better to run with a companion or carry pepper spray or another means of protecting yourself....and, as stated by others earlier, don't have earphones on both ears!

JMO

I believe CR was driving w/o intent of anything, then while driving seen MT found her attractive. CR then began to circle around a few times hoping for MT to acknowledge him in some way, but she ignored him. When MT kept ignored CR advances/waves/winks CR went to the next level and got out of his vehicle and tried to flirt and engage in a conversation with MT face to face, and she probably politely declined at first.

Then he continued to lay it on thick and she grew uncomfortable and threatened to call the police. This bruised his ego and he became enraged, doesn't like to be denied/told "no" and the rest will be revealed at a later time. This is how I interpreted the info at the PC. MOO
Why her then. I don't think he had problems finding girls in the past. I think he knew her and was obsessed with her. Nothing random about this attack!

<modsnip>

I wish that Mollie had listened to her instincts and called the police right then and there. Unfortunately we live in this world wher there are sicko’s laying in wait for these opportunities to present themselves. As parents we train our kids, and especially girls, to be polite.....we all need to train our girls to stand up for themselves, to defend themselves, and to call police and report incidences where they feel unsafe right away, even if it seems silly, or an “over reaction”. Women and girls in this country are programmed in a certain way to feel like they are being dramatic, overly sensitive, bitchy when confronted in a situation that there is any kind of conflict. And so they second guess their reactions and what to do. How many of us have felt uncomfortable in a bar or party or walking down the street and we say to ourselves “I will ignore it and hope it goes away” “I will give it two more minutes and then I will call someone”? THIS ALL NEEDS TO CHANGE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member