Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't put any weight on the later announcement about the termination as having any relevance to the specifics of the case.

Corporations have large and expensive 'Communication' departments, whose job is to ensure the corporation receives no bad publicity. Having an employee dispose of his dead wife and children in your facilities is hugely bad publicity. The Communications staff are doing their best to distance the corporation from this guy, to not be seen as having protected him and therefore abetted his getting away with murder.

That's the purpose of this communication about his termination. They didn't make this announcement in order to provide factual information, the true details are not important to them, it's the appearance of distance that matters.

Just watched the preliminary hearing from today in its entirety and CW looks shell shocked, angry and indignant.

This is very good if you're interested in micro expressions.
Dr. Jack Brown on Twitter
"An Inward Lip Roll (ILR) is a signal of the psyche's attempt to suppress strong emotions from growing. When we see an ILR, we know that the person is trying to sequester their feelings - both from being displayed on their face - as well as internally."

It covers the Denver7 CW interview before he was arrested but I learned a lot from it.

Anadarko has GPS on their company vehicles. Their sites are monitored 24/7, when a vehicle shows up where it is not scheduled to be they know it. I wonder if Anadarko helped the police get a confession because they had evidence he was at a location he wasn't supposed to be at, very early in the morning.

Today on Ashley Bamfield she said that the legal reason he waived his right to his next hearing (forget what its called) in 35 days is because that allows him to accept a plea (should one be offered).

So it appears his lawyers (and him) want to be open to the possibility of one.

I found that interesting.

When you have Alexa in your house, do you always have to initiate use by saying Alexa? Or, would it record every noise, conversation in the house unbidden?

Why is that? We saw a Ross Harris with Leann when she came in. (Hot car death in Georgia)

Why are you stating it would not be taped?

Because at the time he spoke with his father he hadn’t been arrested and was a free member of the public. He may have spoken to his dad at the local coffee shop for all we know

Anadarko has GPS on their company vehicles. Their sites are monitored 24/7, when a vehicle shows up where it is not scheduled to be they know it. I wonder if Anadarko helped the police get a confession because they had evidence he was at a location he wasn't supposed to be at, very early in the morning.

That sounds like a sackable offense to me.

Many of those sites are in not populated areas at all. You could dance on top of the tanks and no one would know the difference unless they all have camera's which I do not have that info. They are all over the place and the farther east you go the more there are. I believe I read this morning that he put them in tanks 40 miles east of their location.

Currently I reside on the East Coast but am very aware of these storage tanks, well sites and pumping facilities as I have also lived and traveled in Western states. Personally, I know a lot of people who have no idea what we are talking about when it comes to these crude tanks. If anyone has a photo to share with dimensions, etc., it would be appreciated.

Also, have any of you thought that he may have taken the bolts out of the covers in advance as I understand there are 8-10 of them? Would his truck GPS have a record of other trips to the same well site? Or would Anadarko have a record of him going there in past few weeks? If he did any of this, it would prove premeditation IMHO.

Today on Ashley Bamfield she said that the legal reason he waived his right to his next hearing (forget what its called) in 35 days is because that allows him to accept a plea (should one be offered).

So it appears his lawyers (and him) want to be open to the possibility of one.

I found that interesting.

She sure seems to speculate a lot. First saying the mistress might be involved to now this.
The defense said it was because they hadn’t received discovery yet.
He could accept a deal at any time right? Even after pleading not guilty.

Not sure. I mentioned maybe the prosecutor is going to show a pattern of prior DV which escalated to murder?

Having been with an abuser, it is like being a frog in a pot of water...
1. This water is a bit warm, but it is okay most of the time.
2. The water is warmer in some places of the pot, so I will stay over in the cooler areas of the pot.
3. Well, the water is pretty hot, but I don't have any where else to go, it is fine.
4. This water is boiling...anyone want frog legs for dinner?

It is so easy to justify, ignore, pretend that everything is fine, when you know it really isn't good. You keep thinking if you are; thinner, smarter, keep the house cleaner, kids quieter, have a boy...pick your reasons, that everything will be fine. It is constant cognitive dissonance.

I was lucky to get out.

I still say, dumping those babies in a crude oil tank and jurors getting pictures of them in that condition (I’m assuming jurors will see photos of deceased) will be enough to remove any doubt no matter what stories he tells about Shanann’s spending and other reasons CW concocts that he thinks will make his actions reasonable to a jury.
I’m sorry I just don’t think there is ANYONE who will end up on a jury that will consider dropping baby girls into a vat of crude oil a response they might consider even in a traumatic situation.

what does that phrase indicate? that there was on going domestic violence prior to the murder or during the murder?

In Colorado, domestic violence is a "tag" not a charge. You get charged for the actual thing you did, and then if the victim is a partner or ex-partner, they add the DV tag. So, for an example, if you punch your wife, you get charged with assault with a DV tag, as opposed to getting charged with DV. If you punch a guy in a bar, you just get charged with assault. If you harass your ex, you get charged with harassment with a DV tag, even if you haven't physically assaulted her. I hope that makes sense? So CW is charged with murder because he killed a woman. It gets a DV tag because she was his wife. It doesn't necessarily have to do with anything that happened earlier in the relationship. The murder itself was DV.

Because at the time he spoke with his father he hadn’t been arrested and was a free member of the public. He may have spoken to his dad at the local coffee shop for all we know

Huh? We are talking about dad at police station.

They will seeing it for what it is abuse of a corpse to conceal evidence.

Currently I reside on the East Coast but am very aware of these storage tanks, well sites and pumping facilities as I have also lived and traveled in Western states. Personally, I know a lot of people who have no idea what we are talking about when it comes to these crude tanks. If anyone has a photo to share with dimensions, etc., it would be appreciated.

Also, have any of you thought that he may have taken the bolts out of the covers in advance as I understand there are 8-10 of them? Would his truck GPS have a record of other trips to the same well site? Or would Anadarko have a record of him going there in past few weeks? If he did any of this, it would prove premeditation IMHO.
I can get a picture but they are 8-10 feet tall and most have a ladder to get to the top. We have them all over in Weld county.
Many Anadarko workers dont go to an office but have specific well sites to check throughout the day. He probably has been to the one North of Roggen, but no one is stationed there. The one on my property (no crude oil well) has people there all the time in pick up trucks reading meters or adjusting. I am sure that Anadarko tracked all this and informed police- knowing what was going on.
IMO, he dug the grave for SW, it took way longer than he expected, so he opted for an "easier" plan for the girls. I had no idea you could open them, even living all around them but the opening has to be on the top. They are all clearly marked: crude oil.
I will drive to the corner and take a picture of one.

When you have Alexa in your house, do you always have to initiate use by saying Alexa? Or, would it record every noise, conversation in the house unbidden?

You “wake it up” or “initiate it” by saying Alexa. When setting it up, there is an option to call it something else like “Echo”.

On occasion, ours had thought we said Alexa when we said something similar and it was “woken up”.

On the witness list there is a female witness noted in the document who was also on the final Thrive business trip SW took ~ there is a group photograph at restaurant which includes the witness and SW together that was posted on NU (NA) facebook page Aug 18th, 2018 .

Can't remember which specific colleague that is now - but anyway I did come across this in MSM re another on the witness list Cindy , which is OK to post.

A co-worker at Le-Vel told CBS affiliate KPHO she attended a Le-Vel leadership seminar in Scottsdale, Arizona, with Watts last weekend. Cindy DeRossett told the station Watts appeared to be upbeat during the conference. She said she last saw her when she dropped her off at the airport.

"Every single person that connected with her felt her light," DeRossett said of Watts.

Colorado family struggled with finances before man allegedly killed pregnant wife, kids

My apologies if this has already been answered but does anyone know why CWs employer Anadarko terminated him before he was arrested? Did they perhaps see something on surveillance videos?

From what I’ve seen they said he was fired on the Wednesday. That is the day he confessed and was arrested. They could have notified him Thursday but the firing was effective from the Wednesday.

Being from NC, I'm drawn into this case because of it reminds me of Michelle Young and Janet Abaroa, both pregnant and both killed by husbands. and Nancy Cooper, killed by her husband Brad. Jason Young pled not guilty, was convicted, and through the years has filed several appeals, while Raven Abaroa eventually pled guilty to second degree murder serving less than 10 years, now living free. Brad Cooper also pled and will be released in 2 years. I simply cannot and will never understand this senseless slaughter when divorce is an option. Michelle was beaten so badly her jaw/cheek was shattered, teeth knocked cleanly out of their sockets and when she was still breathing, Jason resorted to strangling her to death. Raven stabbed Janet to death and she was found slumped over on her knees. Brad strangled Nancy to death, drove her body to a secluded spot, and left her there for a jogger to find. In these cases, a young child/children were also in the home. Michelle's daughter was left with her mother's body for hours, leaving footprints in her mother's blood in the bedroom and bath. I thought no case could reach the depths of my soul like Michelle's, but Shanann and her daughters have gobbled up my heart and won't let go. I truly believe CW slaughtered all 3 and will further desecrate his wife's memory by putting blame on her. The cruelty of this fills me with anger and disgust. Jason Young moved away after Michelle's funeral eventually cutting off contact with Michelle's mother and only sister, the only link this poor child had to her mother. At the time I thought this one of the cruelest things in the case, after the death/slaughter of Michelle. ....but now this.....this man is blaming the murder of his 2 daughters on his wife, who is not here to even defend herself and not to mention the effect this is/will have on her grieving parents and only brother.

My heart just hurts.........it hurts so deeply for these mamas whose lives were just snuffed out by cowards and the families left to grieve and forever ask "why". I simply have to stop reading for a little while just like I had to do with Michelle. It simply hurts too much.

Peace, love, and light to Shanann's family.......many prayers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288