Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI

If posting your thoughts or opinions, it is really helpful to state that they are your thoughts or opinions.
Posters then know there is no link and won't go looking for one or ask for one
They know it is not fact based

I think CR ran her down with his car and hit her, knocking her unconscious/fatal. I don't think he left his car idling, ran alongside her, engaged in a flirtatious conversation while she had headphones on. I also don't think an argument/physical fight happened between them on the side of the road that day.

If she was listening to music while running, he probably decided to circle around then hit her from behind, without a warning, then put her in the trunk then drove her to 460th Street. I also think he washed MT's blood off his car off at the car wash we have been discussing.

JMO
The autopsy should be able to determine if she was hit by a car. I don't think she was hit by a car, but perhaps there is enough evidence on her body to figure out how he attacked her.

jmo

Right, but those characteristics you describe are what makes up the disorder. Don't we always say there Has to be something wrong with them to do this? These people are capable of a crime like this BECAUSE they have no empathy or conscience. Not justifying the behavior, but I don't believe he just suddenly went into a rage because she said she was calling police. This was a deliberate act.

Of course something's wrong with them. They're hunters of other humans. My point is that this behavior is not a medical condition. And that was what Andrew Vachss was (in my previous post) was saying as well. I just have a real problem with attaching medical labels to people who do just fine in sequential tasks when they're stalking and positioning their victims to be sufficiently vulnerable and isolated, and who have the clear-headed ability to drag bodies and hide them - and even interact with law enforcement on social media while parents agonize and LE works its backside off to find someone's child - but the part about how the victim has been dead for 5 weeks is some sort of brain disease. Or whatever his lawyer is going to try and hang on this crime. We need a planet to send these people to where they can survive as best they know how amidst their own. That's the 'treatment' for this. JMO

Someone was using my social security number for a few years. I had to argue with the IRS because they accused me of not reporting income from a packing plant in Oregon. I lived in Southern Cali and was in my 50's, and was a SAHM. It took a few years to straighten out. But the IRS kept sending me letters about 'unreported income'---very frustrating.

Our daughter had her social stolen and someone filed in her name and tried to claim a refund, so the IRS rejected her filing when we submitted it, it was a real pain to figure out. Her social security number was stolen in an online breach which we know happen all the time.

Same here. All the while I was thinking they meant 385th Ave on the other side of town and she was heading back to boyfriend's house. Now I see the eastern side of 385th near Middle and Boundary. I do have questions (mostly rhetorical) as to why she ran that way if he was chasing her? Or why she ran that way at all instead of sticking to more populated areas. It seems pretty far out and would be a long loop back to her mom's. Perhaps it was just a regular route for her and she was comfortable, and she didn't notice him at first.
I seem to remember someone stating she was training for a half marathon? This route would have taken her back around to her mothers via Rt 6

There are many people who deny the existence of evil... it just doesn't fit in to their world view, so they have to develop other theoretical constructs to reconcile behavior that doesn't fit with what they believe about the nature of man.
In not sure there are" many " who deny evil exists, maybe a few. For the most part in this day and age there is a huge awareness of the evil in the world!

Not bragging... It was me... I was the first to point it out around threads 3 or 4... It came to me around 3-4 am the night I first joined WS... I couldn't sleep trying to wrap my mind around what happened to MT and it was one thing that hadn't been discussed and I couldn't let go of... I will go back and look at my posts and see.
Found it.. My post from August 3rd... maybe she was walking down the street or jogging early in the morning to get the car for work, and got hit by a car and the driver panicked? Maybe the driver was on their phone and wasn’t paying attention?

<modsnipped quoted post>

I also don't think anyone else was involved. He has been described as someone who sticks to himself, so I'm thinking he committed this on his own for his own selfish reasons. And if the time on the affidavit is correct, this was all over and done with in less than one hour.

jmopinion at the moment

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way for a person to set up a voice command to call LE from a cell? I know with mine I don't have to go through the passcode. I just swipe the tiny phone in the lower corner and EMERGENCY CALL appears. I have never clicked on it but I assume it will call 911. Anyone know? Used it?

Mollie had an IPHONE right. I don't know how they differ from mine. Anyone?
There‘s this Emergency SOS function since ioS 12:

Is there a way for a person to set up a voice command to call LE from a cell? I know with mine I don't have to go through the passcode. I just swipe the tiny phone in the lower corner and EMERGENCY CALL appears. I have never clicked on it but I assume it will call 911. Anyone know? Used it?

Mollie had an IPHONE right. I don't know how they differ from mine. Anyone?
Yes iPhone is simple -push the two side buttons and tap SOS. Can be done silently . Again, easy for me to say how easy when/if being chased

Umm folks, it doesn't matter if you posted what may have happened. It doesn't matter if you were 'right'... this isn't about YOU... it's about MOLLIE!!!

In not sure there are" many " who deny evil exists, maybe a few. For the most part in this day and age there is a huge awareness of the evil in the world!

I suppose it depends on how you define "many" I can say, that I have known well, at least a dozen people in my life, who deny the existence of evil.

This brings up something I have been thinking about. I wonder how good his English is. He is from a very small village in Mexico, it makes Brooklyn look like a metropolis (a little more than 400 people). Spanish differs from region to region. Common words can mean two different things depending on where you come from. I would hate for something like that to impact the trial in a negative way. There needs to be swift justice for Mollie and complete closure for her family. JMO
Based on reports that perp was in Brooklyn area for 4-7 years, that puts him around age 17 in Iowa, and who knows where else in US he may have lived prior to Iowa. If also true that his child's Mum attended high school with Mollie, then I'm going to assume he'd developed sufficient English skills to blend in to the community and never deported. I also expect to see translators at his side in any court proceedings so I believe your concern that his his English skills (or lack) of will negatively impact the trial can be put to rest.

IDK if CR knew about Mollie being home alone, but "pre-meditated" doesn't necessarily mean the murder was planned far in advance. Premediated can mean in an instant before the murder. In other words, it wasn't an accident, neglect, or self-defense. He knew he was harming her and he harmed her enough to kill her - he made that decision so it's pre-meditated.

Perhaps people better at legal definitions can chime in and clarify, but I just wanted to point out that pre-meditation doesn't rule out that this was a crime of opportunity committed on impulse.

jmopinion
Thank you for the clarification!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members