Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
He speaks English, he was messaging girls on FB in English.

Right to a fair trial, for someone illegally in the country?

All persons in the United States, citizens, non-citizens, legal or illegal have certain rights in the Constitution. Provisions of the Constitution apply on the basis of personhood and jurisdiction in the United States.

I have a question about 385th Avenue. Is that the opposite direction of the eerie drone footage we saw early on? is it near the dirt road past her house? I could find a view of it on google street view.

The stretch of 385th in question is on the other (east) side of town from the area of the drone footage. DJ's house is on the western edge of Brooklyn, where the drone footage in question was taken.

Do we even know if there will be a trial?

Why wouldn't there be? Unless he pleads guilty, of course, which would be highly unusual even though he did confess. His initial appearance is in a half hour, so we'll soon find out.

We need more high tech Social Security cards that can't be counterfeited- something like our paper currency- and employers need to check that before hiring. Of course, it could still be stolen- but someone couldn't make a phony duplicate- or just make up a number.

Just a quick comment on this as I am an immigrant in the US. Not once has an employer asked for my social security card. They used my green card instead, as it is taken to prove legality for work in the US. One night I was out years ago and met a guy with 6 different green cards (I forget how the conversation came up). They looked totally legit to me when comparing them to mine. Also, you could just go to the dark web and purchase whatever you need. I'm sure he got his there and then flipped them out to others. Note: please do not go blindly poking around in the dark web, you can get yourself in trouble, and see some very disturbing things.

You also just use someone else's SSN, but your real name as the courts ruled this is not a crime, as it is not identity theft per se. Fake DL's are a dime a dozen too, we had a whole ring in Denver running out of a DMV there for years. Check out this link for info on SSN use:
Courts: Using another's SSN not a crime - NBC News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member