Asia Argento, a MeToo Leader, Made a Deal With Her Own Accuser

I think this brings up something we need to talk about in our society. What do we do when a victim becomes a perpetrator? (I do believe she was a victim previously.) The crime against them was still a crime. The crime they commit is still a crime. The law is black and white about this stuff. (I know previous trauma is often brought up to juries in trials, of course.) But...what do we do with the moral side of it? Do we view the now perpetrator as less of a victim, or more of a perpetrator? It's really murky and hard to wade through. As a general society, we don't talk about it much...there is plenty of anger, but no thoughtful discussion.

I wish that there was a focus in studying this sort of thing. I worked for our advocacy center for years. Our worst of the worst cases, were perpetrated by victims who were also abused. This is totally anecdotal based on what I saw, but I would love if society invested in researching. What if we can reach victims and prevent this sort of cycle before it starts?

there we go, this was what I was thinking GREAT post!

Its really complicated , yes and no and it depends on the situation and apparently this guy has tried to glean money before so there is that ....but she was assaulted by HW before this , sexual assault does a weird thing to your sex drive , I really have a hard time thinking she could do the same to this boy, Frankly after an assault you can go years and years without recovering from it , if at all , much less wanting to do it to someone else I'm going to wait for the investigation, shes probably not in the best frame of mind with the suicide ,if she is truly innocent (Which I want to believe )he could easily push her over the edge

RBBM

Her own assault made her so sex drive so strong she couldn't help herself? Those kind of libido changes????? Nah. (not that that's what you were saying, sloane)

ETA: this happened before Bourdain's death, and she's now claiming he paid the kid off...he can't refute...

RBBM

Her own assault made her so sex drive so strong she couldn't help herself? Those kind of libido changes????? Nah. (not that that's what you were saying, sloane)

ETA: this happened before Bourdain's death, and she's now claiming he paid the kid off...he can't refute...

It's an excuse. As I mentioned, many child molesters were also once victims themselves. We do not hold them to a lower standard. We should hold them to higher standards if anything because they of all people know what it is like to be on the other side.

RBBM

bbm. Bringing him into it, actually really irks me. I do not know him and can't vouch for what he would or wouldn't do...but I can't reconcile him doing that.

bbm. Bringing him into it, actually really irks me. I do not know him and can't vouch for what he would or wouldn't do...but I can't reconcile him doing that.

I think he was friends with Mario Batali FWIW. Everyone is a hypocrite.

TMZ claims they saw a photo of the two of them snuggling on a bed together. So if true this kid has more proof than a quite a few of "me too" type allegations.
"A 37-year-old Asia Argento snuggled with then-17-year-old Jimmy Bennett on a bed, shirtless, their foreheads pressed together, her arm over his as they lay with satisfied smiles ... that is the photo that Asia paid $380,000 for -- a photo TMZ has now seen."
Asia Argento, Jimmy Bennett Smoking Gun Photo Shows Post-Sex Bliss

How crazy does a 37 yr old woman have to be, to let someone take a photo of her topless,cuddling in bed with a 17 yr old shirtless boy.

I think he was friends with Mario Batali FWIW. Everyone is a hypocrite.

He very publicly talked about the situation, though. ON REACTING TO BAD NEWS – Anthony Bourdain – Medium

I'm not sure I'd label him a hypocrite with this. I know very little about Bourdain. I watched his show a few times and really enjoyed it. As I said, I can't vouch for his character. He did seem to be firmly on the side of women and I haven't heard of anyone coming out refuting his position. Whatever he was, it's always shady to put the responsibility on a person who can't speak for themselves. It doesn't do her any favors, that's for sure.

ETA: I have been friends with people who were later exposed. I had never personally witnessed the behavior that was exposed. I has never heard people talking about it, either. You can't be a hypocrite about what you didn't see. That said, we don't know what he did or didn't see.

I have to wonder what her father thinks of her - Dario is a fine director of many horror films, my favorite being "Suspiria" (1977).

I get that but is it impossible to charge a perp in this kind of case without the victim? I wouldn't think so. I get why they wouldn't if the victim won't cooperate, but technically, legally they could, right?

I'm pretty sure not everyone is waiting until they're 18 to lose their virginity in California. Just a hunch. So technically, legally, I guess there should be many thousands of people in jail who aren't.

I'm not defending her, I just think the rigid lock him/her up approach is like amputating a limb instead of trying surgery first.

I'm pretty sure not everyone is waiting until they're 18 to lose their virginity in California. Just a hunch. So technically, legally, I guess there should be many thousands of people in jail who aren't.

I'm not defending her, I just think the rigid lock him/her up approach is like amputating a limb instead of trying surgery first.
Nobody locked her up yet.

Last edited:
  • Jimmy Bennett has released a statement to The New York Times about why he chose to keep quiet for years about his alleged sexual assault

The young actor who received a $380,000 payment after his lawyer filed a notice of intent to sue with is speaking out for the first time since it was revealed that he had allegedly been sexually assaulted by actress Asia Argento.

'Many brave women and men have spoken out about their own experiences during the #metoo movement, and I appreciate the bravery that it took for each and every one of them to take such a stand,' said Bennett.

'I did not initially speak out about my story because I chose to handle it in private with the person who wronged me. My trauma resurfaced as she came out as a victim herself.'

He continued: 'I have not made a public statement in the past days and hours because I was ashamed and afraid to be part of the public narrative.'

Meanwhile, Bennett's lawyer Gordon Sattro told DailyMail.com that the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department has been in contact to discuss the incident.

Asia Argento's accuser Jimmy Bennett was 'ashamed' to come forward | Daily Mail Online

---
-- I believe this young man. Going public as a young man I imagine is a very different dynamic.

Argento is a sexual deviant. No moral compass. She stayed in touch and trolled this young guy with all kinds of flattering, edgy, confusing language. Of course he looked up to her. Maybe he had a huge crush. But had felt safe up until his encounter with Argento?? And what was easy for her to do left him perhaps heartbroken and feeling used, discarded? Emotional trauma is not easy for a mature person to process, much less a young man.

If Bourdain paid out that kind of money, to settle this guy's silence, there's more to this story. Bourdain must have been crushed after supporting her in this way, and then to see the pictures of her galavanting in Rome with the French journalist. What a travesty.

What an unfortunate set of circumstances...

Okay. I was simply asking. I wasn't suggesting nor implying nor anything else but seeking information.

Asia Argento Accuser Breaks Silence and Confronts ‘Stigma’ of Being a Male Survivor
Now, Argento stands accused of sexual assault, which the actress-director denies, and of allegedly covering up the assault by paying off the accuser. The alleged victim is 22-year-old Jimmy Bennett, an actor who was a teenager at the time of the alleged assault. A few days after the story broke in the New York Times, Bennett has spoken out.<snip>
Asia Argento Accuser Breaks Silence and Confronts ‘Stigma’ of Being a Male Survivor

Now Asia Argento said Anthony Bourdain paid him off Asia Argento: Bourdain paid accuser who came on to me

It keeps getting worse. It's a shame for the whole movement, because it's legitimate. There are definitely no perfect victims. Everyone has a past. But for such a public and passionate movement, obviously you don't want a perpetrator as a leader!! And you don't want perpetrators as a voice within it! What a mess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back