IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha I just thought of something - wouldn't it be funny if Allen Richard signed a contract with this guy and CR or the man who claims to be CR and others used a fake identity would the contract be able to be enforced?
I don't see the humor - what does this even mean?

If they loaned it knowing he had no license they could be responsible. It’s loaning without verification. And I did it once unknowingly. I ask anytime I loan anything motorized.

What kind of verification do you get?

The only thing that would give me pause about him being a serial killer is that he seems to have been in one place for a long while and maybe with limited transportation access ?

He lived very close to I-80 which is a major pipeline for illegal drugs and human trafficking. We do not know what all is in CR's background but I think we are about to learn.

My local news covers Iowa and they are doing an excellent job covering this case. There is no way CR is going to "escape" anything. I do question why his 3-year-old child was in the courtroom. That isn't in her best interest, imo.
It's not in the child's interest to be there, it's in CR's interest. His atty is going to paint CR as a family man, sit his daughter and ex-girlfriend in the courtroom so people can see them together, show him as a family man with a good heart. And they'll paint Mollie as a nasty person who triggered him, he was just running with her, flirting and Mollie got all uppity. Prepare yourself, it's going to be a heartbreaking ride.

The Dailymail says the work at Yarabee was only seasonal so maybe he hopped around. They have a terrible reputation that is deserved, but there reporting on this case has been fantastic right from the start.

Some people yesterday suggested the crime was so sloppy it could have been his first, but I don't really see that. He waited and picked the most deserted spot on her run and nobody saw a thing. Nobody saw him grab her or saw him disposing of the body, and he wasn't on LE radar at all. I would be very surprised if this was his first serious crime.
Just because nobody saw, doesn’t make this any less sloppy. It was far more brazen than I had ever imagined. I’m still shocked that no one saw anything on account of just how incredibly reckless he was. This was the behavior indicative of a first time killer IMO. It’s not the act of a first time criminal though, as I expect some preceding illegal activity (assault, sexual assault, harassment etc.).
He was incredibly lucky to have pulled this off without being spotted.

And when the dog of the farm owner is murdered, you, cody22, will admit to the bad choice you made in making sure the name of the farm is connected with a murderer who they happened to employ because of fake ID and a flawed employment verification system?

The owner of the farm is on our local news so the name of the farm is no secret.

I wonder if she even knew he was coming. Did they really talk? Did he really run along side of her. Or did he run up behind her and she didn’t hear him coming? :( Poor Mollie.
From my own personal experience, I do think it's possible that he saw her and started running alongside her. They maybe talked casually before at a community event or something. I think she felt his presence coming towards her, but she was probably more annoyed than afraid. More of a "why won't you go away already?" I think his violent actions surprised her. I think her defenses were down because she was acquainted with him, and she likely just thought he was being annoying. Just speculation, though.

If he knew Mollie (as in "knew of her" through an ex-gf), I wonder if he also knew she had a serious boyfriend?

Just wondering aloud - I have no conclusion to that thought.

jmo
Most likely he did and maybe even knew she was alone. I don't know how much he would have seen on FB, but it sounds like they had mutual friends. Then again it wouldn't matter much if he knew, he snatched her up on a secluded road and whether or not they were home doesn't matter. Many people pointed that out within the last several days.

That's true. We don't really know the nature of their relationship, how often they saw each other.

What is true at this time is no one from his family has stepped out publicly to say they are sorry for what their relative did. There is a story that he came to IA with his family. What family? Parents, siblings, cousins? Are they trying to stay hidden because they are not legal either?

And if yes, did any of them know something and not approach LE because they preferred to avoid detection to helping a suffering American family locate their missing daughter?

The region where this man supposedly is from - if it turns out to be true - is marked by a Catholic church. Mollie attended a Catholic Church. Could he have also attended her church? Could her church have offered any assistance to him? Oh the questions I have....

He lived very close to I-80 which is a major pipeline for illegal drugs and human trafficking. We do not know what all is in CR's background but I think we are about to learn.

Ah, human trafficking- that's another thing to consider.

Yes, very bizarre that his employers knew him by a different name!!

My local news covers Iowa and they are doing an excellent job covering this case. There is no way CR is going to "escape" anything. I do question why his 3-year-old child was in the courtroom. That isn't in her best interest, imo.
The 3 year d wasnt there for her best intrests, she was there to humanize him.

It's not in the child's interest to be there, it's in CR's interest. His atty is going to paint CR as a family man, sit his daughter and ex-girlfriend in the courtroom so people can see them together, show him as a family man with a good heart. And they'll paint Mollie as a nasty person who triggered him, he was just running with her, flirting and Mollie got all uppity. Prepare yourself, it's going to be a heartbreaking ride.
Do you remember when Shayanna brought her daughter into the courtroom while the jurors were released from deliberations for the day in Aaron Hernandez's second trial and he was blowing kisses to her? Lower than low! BTW, Baez was his lawyer on that one.

And when the dog of the farm owner is murdered, you, cody22, will admit to the bad choice you made in making sure the name of the farm is connected with a murderer who they happened to employ because of fake ID and a flawed employment verification system?
I am not a journalist. I am only an observer to the results of both Yarabee Farms and Rivera's choices and action's. The name of Yarabee Farms is out there in the MSM. They held a Press Conference today. They and the MSM do not know I exist. I hope no one harms them or their dog. ...... I am very glad that there will be justice for Mollie.

Yes, that is obvious, you're right.

But it does take a bit more guts (for lack of a better word) to attack someone's girlfriend, knowing the boyfriend and his brother live right up the road, ykwim?

This is speculation anyway. I don't know if he knew anything about Mollie. Just struck me as something I hadn't considered before. Maybe he did know the bf was out of town.

IDK. jmo

Makes sense. Maybe he did know! He almost got away with this when we think about how long it went before any solid clues showed up. I thought for sure this case was going cold.

Dumb question: it's a highway, all sorts of people and things are transported every day on every highway. Is I-80 unique?

What is true at this time is no one from his family has stepped out publicly to say they are sorry for what their relative did. There is a story that he came to IA with his family. What family? Parents, siblings, cousins? Are they trying to stay hidden because they are not legal either?

And if yes, did any of them know something and not approach LE because they preferred to avoid detection to helping a suffering American family locate their missing daughter?

The region where this man supposedly is from - if it turns out to be true - is marked by a Catholic church. Mollie attended a Catholic Church. Could he have also attended her church? Could her church have offered any assistance to him? Oh the questions I have....
None of them had the Mollie missing poster or any reference to her on their FB pages either. I'm going to guess they knew. I think he told them early on. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam