Anthony Bourdain, 61, Tv Chef And Travel Host, Found Dead, Suicide

I think this article says it all:
Asia Argento is one sick -----!
…...and stupid too.
note to AA-
--If you are going to play the victim don't hang on to Harvey Weinstein after your pretend rape, and continue to have sex with him for your careers (cough, cough) sake. What career . That's a laugh!

Don't deny sex with a minor , and let a good man take the wrap for the pay off, admit it to your friends ,have your self centered self be photographed with the minor and POSIBLY?POSSIBLY contribute to the suicide death of Anthony Bourdain who payed half his fortune for you to be "Safe".

IMOO there is nothing she could say or do that would make me believe she did not cause the suicide of AB. It is as if she tied the rope around his neck herself.
She says she will leave and go to Africa if this hurts her imaginary career.
She is delusional. I hope she goes far away from society A nice cannibalistic tribe would be perfect for her, OOPS forgot she is poison and that would not be fair to any unsuspecting Tribe.

Sorry for the rant

I don't believe we can blame Tony's suicide on anyone but Tony. He always seemed like a man who had a date with destiny. Maybe that's why he traveled around so much, searching for it.

My opinion only

Hi Trident,
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, as am I. This is a personal opinion forum.
IMOO--Anthony Bourdain is certainly to blame for taking his own life.
MOO-- There always contributing factors to such action--I believe he truly loved AA,was outraged at Harvey Weinstiens actions, and supported her in her fight for justice 100%. Now he finds out she is being accused of the same thing with a Minor , and the only way to silence him is to pay. She claimed she had no money, so AB would end up spending $380,000 to silence this person who he believed was a liar.

Look AB was a depressive soul with suicidal thoughts. He admits this, but do you think knowing your Love has lied to you so profoundly as to jeopordize her own fight, ME TOO, that he also believed in completely, wants to find out he just paid half of his fortune to a boy who was telling the truth, and he was deeply deceived by someone he truly loved--OH I don't know but you might say it Might have something to do with him not wanting to live anymore or maybe he just had some extra time on his hands--MY OPINION ONLY this deception was the cruelest of all and he just could not live with knowing what kind of monster he let into his heart.

I think Bourdain was a romantic. And, oh, love can be so blind.

I have read that Bourdain said he never gave the MeToo movement as a larger picture historically (the plight) much thought as he too lived and worked in the very male dominated culinary world.

But he did throw his full support behind it. His openness in this way is evident in his writings and shows. Some of his tweets of support struck me as somewhat tentative, but he was very supportive and encouraging of his woman.

The full weight of the hypocrisy, the duplicity of paying out a huge sum of money on behalf of Argento to silence a story even worse than hers must have been devastating. And, one doesn't pay out that kind of money if it is not true.

While it is true no one else is responsible for a suicide, and Bourdain had it in him to do it, it is also true that it seems like there was a mountain of chaos, and perhaps a broken heart leading up to it.

Last edited:
This is beyond me. I have never understood people who commit suicide or people who suffer from depression, anxiety etc. Life is just wonderful, no matter how many horrible circumstances one has to go through, and I am not able to grasp why anyone would not see that.

I feel far too many celebrities do not have real friends, genuine relationships: real emotional connections and that is why they feel lonely and these strange thoughts pop in their heads.

I saw this man's TV programme several times. He came across as someone full of energy, with a younger spirit than his age, very opinionated and eager to learn.
Sad very sad that he thought suicide was the only way out. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

My dear Yurena,

As I embark upon my journey into the Sere to seek my own healing, I hear your words.

I must tell you: Your words are not encouraging.

Please know that some of us have not yet arrived at your definition of "Wonderful".

To those of you who've never walked this desolate road: Put on your damn boots and lend a helping hand.

This is beyond me. I have never understood people who commit suicide or people who suffer from depression, anxiety etc. Life is just wonderful, no matter how many horrible circumstances one has to go through, and I am not able to grasp why anyone would not see that.

I feel far too many celebrities do not have real friends, genuine relationships: real emotional connections and that is why they feel lonely and these strange thoughts pop in their heads.

I saw this man's TV programme several times. He came across as someone full of energy, with a younger spirit than his age, very opinionated and eager to learn.
Sad very sad that he thought suicide was the only way out. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

BBM Oh my gosh. Please don’t ever say those words to anyone suffering from anxiety, depression or suicidal thoughts. Please.

CNN pulls ALL episodes of Parts Unknown featuring Asia Argento following the underage sexual assault allegations made against the MeToo champion
  • CNN pulled two episodes of Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown featuring girlfriend Asia Argento
  • The late Bourdain deemed the Rome episode their 'most beautiful show'
  • The actress directed the Hong Kong episode which Bourdain called a 'professional highlight'
  • CNN said it discontinued the episodes 'in light of the recent news reports about Asia Argento'
  • The actress has been accused of having sex with actor Jimmy Bennett while he was underage and paying him $380,000 in hush money
CNN pulls episodes of Bourdain's Parts Unknown featuring Asia Argento | Daily Mail Online

Tribeca TV Festival Will Premiere Last Season of Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown

...Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown (CNN) – Season 12 World Premiere
In this season premiere, the late Anthony Bourdain introduces W. Kamau Bell (United Shades of America) to the distinctive sights, tastes, and sounds of Kenya. It is Bell’s first trip to the African continent, and to a country that holds a personal connection for him. Through the eyes of Bourdain and Bell, and their first experiences with this highly dynamic deeply, soulful and beautiful country we ask, what will a future Kenya … for Kenyans …. by Kenyans …look like? In this special presentation, viewers will see an extended cut of the final episode finished with Anthony Bourdain’s full involvement, and the last to feature his narration. The screening will be followed by a conversation with Bourdain’s closest collaborators, including director Morgan Fallon, showrunner Sandy Zweig and executive producer Lydia Tenaglia, and W. Kamau Bell...

I felt so badly when I saw her cuddling up to that guy. That must have seared his soul. She sounds totally self absorbed. I am glad she is not part of his programs

ITA....and after I read the article “Toxic Femininity” that was posted on the AA thread by Vail yesterday Toxic Femininity, well that sealed the deal for me. IMO AA is disgusting and AB realized how he had been played by her and couldn’t face the public humiliation. JMO

BBM Oh my gosh. Please don’t ever say those words to anyone suffering from anxiety, depression or suicidal thoughts. Please.

Vedder - There are many ways of dealing with depression as there is likely hundreds of reasons as to why people feel depressed. I don't understand why people get depression and it baffles me that you find another person giving her opinion so shocking, do you happen to understand all the issues experienced in this world by people? I definitely don't. I have actually said those exact same words I wrote in my earlier post to one of my three best friends, C. and her initial reaction was exactly the same as yours, she was truly shocked, especially when I added to my words "So you think the solution is spending the rest of your life wallowing in self-pity, spending lots of cash in psychologists who are scamming you and popping in pills into your mouth?"

What is radically different is the outcome. Your words seem to imply that by saying that to someone suffering from anxiety, depression or having suicidal thoughts I would be harming them. Again let me remind you that every person is an individual and hence their way of dealing with depression can be totally different. Some take the defeating way "I will suffer from depression the rest of my life, there is nothing I can do to fight this", others will take the positive resilient approach -organizations such as The Blurt Foundation in the UK are a wonderful example of this and by the way I was a volunteer there for 5 years and in my interview for the volunteer position I expressed my opinion and they did not have any issues with it; in fact they appreciated my honesty- and others sadly will be taken advantage of by people selling pills, "self-help retreats", religious sects and the likes.

After a lot of convincing -months really- my friend C. agreed to come with me once to the place in Glasgow I used to volunteer for three evenings per week -I was living in Edinburgh at the time. I had told her that seeing what other people go through in life would make her put her own problems into perspective and realize that it did not make any sense to waste a single day of her life with this depression and feeling sorry for herself.

I volunteered in a centre in Glasgow for African women who have survived gang-rapes and mutilation. The way they dealt with the emotional scarring caused by these horrific events was inspiring to say the least, especially their attitude and will to never fall into depression.
My friend spent about 5 hours going around having chats with the women in the centre on a one-on-one basis. We took the bus back to Edinburgh and she did not say a single word, just pensive.

Next day she announced on FB she was taking a break for hiking in the Lake District, switched off her phone and off she went for three weeks. During those 3 weeks I got the same type of speech from friends in common that I guess I had got from someone like you "Look what you have done, Yurena! she is probably going to kill herself and it is all your fault, you lack empathy", "You are a horrible person" etc etc etc. Those 3 weeks I spent feeling 100% positive she was doing OK and there was nothing to worry about.

When she came back she told me that visit to the Glasgow centre made her hear a "click" in her head and think "Sooo what is actually I am feeling depressed about?" . Listening to those women made her realize how stupid it was that she had wasted so much time of her life due to depression and her problems -health, a heartbreak and an issue that has to do with her family being biracial and all the racism/discrimination etc they have endured in the UK because of that- felt tiny in comparison and for the first time in years at least issues she felt she could handle and control rather than letting them control her life.

She is still one of my best friends -in case you are wondering- and always tell me she wishes someone years and years ago would have taken the approach I took with her, rather than just "feeding" her self-pity. She stopped going to the psychologist, the pills -it caused her insomnia for a few months, it took her some time to adjust as they had her heavily medicated, like a zombie- and joined a choir and started going to Zumba lessons. In other words: she started to live.
She now has a boyfriend and is working as a lecturer at a British university.
I am proud of her that she did not stop in the "Oh! I am so shocked you say that" but took the courage to tackle her depression full on.

I wish you could meet one day one of my pen pals from Zambia -she moved to Sweden three years ago. She has an interesting theory as to why in the Western world there are so many cases of depression. I guess you would feel shocked by hearing her words or my mum's words who went through horrible things in her earlier life -including witnessing the death of her best friend due to gangrene when she was 7- and when I was little and the neighbours often asked her "I don't understand how you are not depressed after the harsh life you have had". She always answered the same "I am just too busy to fall into depression. I have a child to feed so my head is occupied trying to find pragmatic solutions, not busy with silliness".

Resilience, understanding that life is just once so there is no time to waste and learn from those who have gone through stuff we in the Western world are lucky enough to only watch in horror movies. Inspiring people with real problems.

That is my piece of advice to people like you. And a bit of tolerance towards differing opinions would not do you any harm either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back