IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great first post and nice to meet ya,
il_570xN.1386717638_mif1.jpg

Chi
Thank you. Much appreciated.

Right. Like it or not, migrant workers (illegal or here on work visas) are a major part of the agricultural industry, and it benefits every single person in this country. Because of the back breaking they are willing to do for the meager wages they are paid, our meat, dairy, and produce is affordable. There is no need to dehumanize people who are willing to do jobs that most of us wouldn’t do.

<modsnipped>....Very sad this wonderful girl was taken in such a horrific way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great post, and I completely agree. We have to do what we can to minimize violence, but we also must realize that we will never be completely successful. It’s a sad reality, but not one that we should accept sitting down
So many articulate and knowledgeable people on WS, it can be intimidating. But so worth the risk of occasionally seeming a bit off or goofy! I’m hooked.

This may have already been mentioned...so please forgive....but if CR was in some black out fugue state and he comes to while in his car, notices ear bud (s) in his lap....why would he then suddenly believe she’s in his trunk?
Just not the first thought I would expect after a black out....it makes me question his story.
I agree. I would wonder how I got the earbuds on my lap, but murdering someone wouldn't even come up in the possibilities. It would be easier to think that someone lent them to me and I was so drunk I didn't remember. I've never blacked out, though. I saw the court video earlier today and he just looked cold. Maybe he always puts the bodies in the trunk.

Wonder if LE has any fitbit data that correlates with CR's story about conversing with her, etc. That would make my heart rate spike.
Good point. They may be able to make sense of the whole scenario. Just that information could confirm how the entire thing was played out, up to a point.

Just a tidbit:
According to Fox News, the Chevy Malibu that the suspect was driving, was not registered to him. The surveillance footage was unable to pick up a license plate, but the car had some unusual markings that made it identifiable.
Also, IMO-CR frequented the area of 385th Avenue where it was mentioned he kidnapped her from using that car. He saw Mollie during the times he was there. He also may have been observed there in the days after Mollie was kidnapped, but didn't know who he was only what he was doing in the area.

It's not in the child's interest to be there, it's in CR's interest. His atty is going to paint CR as a family man, sit his daughter and ex-girlfriend in the courtroom so people can see them together, show him as a family man with a good heart. And they'll paint Mollie as a nasty person who triggered him, he was just running with her, flirting and Mollie got all uppity. Prepare yourself, it's going to be a heartbreaking ride.
Or, the child being there will actually hurt his case. Get people thinking - What? A father of a daughter could do such a thing?

This was wild to see and read - a major University which depends on other universities' work for the top industry of their state! WOW.

IMO, it seems to be pretty common that universities link to other universities' information/research, especially when regarding agricultural topics. I guess this is partly due to budgetary reasons. Also could avoid duplication of effort.

First time poster here.. I am in shock still and horrified by the outcome of this whole thing..
Normally I don't pay much attention to news but this whole story, starting as a missing persons really struck a nerve with me.. The national news every day kept this going and like many people I'm sure, found a connection to Mollie. Early on seeing her smile over and over in pictures on the news report made me hopeful for her safe return..
Feelings of dread started up after the press conference last week and I started fearing this would go unsolved...I assumed a stranger abducted her in town and vanished on I80..I felt so bad, especially after her father went back to CA... When the news came out yesterday they found her body I literally got sick at work...Although I am happy they have someone in custody, the chilling details given about her abduction was too much to bear....I cant begin to imagine how bad this is for her loved ones right now...

I hope not. I hope people remember what happened and it really is important that Mollie's friends and family pack those hearings.
I have no doubt that his attorney will pull any card he can, but Mollie is too sympathetic a victim and is too well-'known' and beloved now to the public for that to fly. I think he would be completely stupid to turn this on her. I can however envision a claim that there was an exchange on the road and the language barrier caused him to misinterpret. But the state will then trot out witnesses who can testify to his command of English, so that won't work either. I think this attorney is on shaky ground by inserting identity politics or any politics, or by making him too much of a victim who was confused about things, or by pointing at Mollie. People are not up for that and it will backfire. JMO

I'm sure he'll want to make him appear sympathetic in some way because this is so public and he is a hated figure. Or, they'll just run with the black-out story. I hope the autopsy and other evidence blows up his entire world and crackpot story of how they crossed paths. Sadly, that will likely mean that Mollie suffered a good deal.

@mrsu said:
I’ve been offline all day so I apologize if this has been shared already. Looks like CBR’s lawyer is....interesting.
Attorney files $1 billion lawsuit against Tama County officials
Attorney files $1 billion lawsuit against Tama County officials
Wow ! Thank you for posting this. Opinion - Rivera and Mr. Richards are both interesting people.
Billion dollar suit was 15 years ago - probably tossed!! I think Mr. Richards is a big bag of wind, and wonder how long before CR drops him for a public defender....

I don't see the humor - what does this even mean?

Allen Richard is the private attorney who has taken CR's case. He went to court and claimed in court docs that his client CR was a legal and he pulled out quotes from one of the farm's owners who at that time initially THOUGHT they had used E-verify and CR was legal. But today those same employers stood had their own PC and stated they had made a mistake and OH by the way, the name and SS number are not the person we hired.

SO how could Allen Richard make the claim he was legal in court docs if the contract for representing him is signed by fraudently? I personally think if that happened it is humorous. A swarmy defense attorney who dodged and weaved possibly caught unaware that his client is not whom he claimed on their contract.

I have a question to attorneys - if a case is being handled pro bono aren't there contracts for that sort of representation too?

Folks who use identity theft will agree to any terms because they aren't operating where there is good faith, are they?

Just a thought, but I would caution that there has been no evidence that MT was sexually assaulted, therefore it might be best to not use the word "rape" in posts. Mods, feel free to delete my post if needed.

None of them had the Mollie missing poster or any reference to her on their FB pages either. I'm going to guess they knew. I think he told them early on. JMO
If that's true, I can just imagine the story he told them. I really hope they didn't. That would be horrible. Wouldn't they be held accountable if they find out that is the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288