WA WA - Samantha Sayers, 28, Vesper Peak, North Cascades, 1 August 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the drone footage was shot by the bf

I don't know who shot the specific footage that people are reviewing on YouTube, but they've said on the Facebook group that the family hired a private professional drone pilot to get some footage, in addition to some other professional drone pilots who were volunteering their time. I don't believe the boyfriend is a drone pilot at all.

Cell phone ping 3 was considered an anomaly, correct? I haven't heard whether or not they've retracted that statement, but according to this map below, it looks like it's in the area of a creek. I wonder if she was exploring & got lost in that area? It also seems to align with the eye witness that said he saw he heading south.

FINDSAMSAYERS_MAP_10.jpg

Oh, that's interesting. They previously said that pings 1 and 2 were on the mountain and the 3rd was the anomaly. I've attached the map they had posted before with this numbering (it has the two on the mountain labeled as 1 and 2). It's still available in Google Images but has been removed from the findsamsayers.com website.

Attachments

• FINDSAMSAYERS_MAP_09.jpg
    FINDSAMSAYERS_MAP_09.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 32
I agree. It hurt my heart. I have two young children of my own, I just can’t imagine, and the not knowing has got to be so much worse. :(
The not knowing is not worse. You have hope at least. When you know they are gone there is no hope and no 2nd chances of getting them home or help. I know Ive been there, still there.

SAr called off the search. Knew it was inevitable, it’s bern three weeks. They won’t follow up unless things change (snow melts, credible lead etc). I hope people are appreciative when they release the press release. Never heard of such a monumentous effort. That being said, the family will push forward. But this......seems like a devastating blow. :(

I think the drone footage was shot by the bf, and I just don't see a cold hearted person doing that and spending so much solo time searching. As far as the worse case scenario, abduction wouldn't necessarily have to wind up with her ever leaving the mountain, sadly. But I am in the "fell and was immobilized" camp, and I hope it was near water and some kind of sustenance. The drone footage was encouraging, because the drone pilot hovered above what looked like snow melt flowing or a spring and that is pretty important for survival.

SAr called off the search. Knew it was inevitable, it’s bern three weeks. They won’t follow up unless things change (snow melts, credible lead etc). I hope people are appreciative when they release the press release. Never heard of such a monumentous effort. That being said, the family will push forward. But this......seems like a devastating blow. :(

I don't know who shot the specific footage that people are reviewing on YouTube, but they've said on the Facebook group that the family hired a private professional drone pilot to get some footage, in addition to some other professional drone pilots who were volunteering their time. I don't believe the boyfriend is a drone pilot at all.
He sure did look like him, imo.

I think the drone footage was shot by the bf, and I just don't see a cold hearted person doing that and spending so much solo time searching. As far as the worse case scenario, abduction wouldn't necessarily have to wind up with her ever leaving the mountain, sadly. But I am in the "fell and was immobilized" camp, and I hope it was near water and some kind of sustenance. The drone footage was encouraging, because the drone pilot hovered above what looked like snow melt flowing or a spring and that is pretty important for survival.
ya hopefully she is hurt and still alive bc if she has water then you can go a while without food . i’m just worried she got hurt and ran into some predators ( animal wise ) or that she got Really hurt where she hurt her neck or head .

i live right near here and i wanna go help!! i’m just not an avid hiker at all . Id still love to help this family though so sad

Probably the worst time of year to try to find someone in the forest, with all the undergrowth in full bloom. If she's still on the mountain/in the forest, I think she'll be found. Likely next spring when hikers take to the hills again and the undergrowth isn't as full.

It's been three weeks. I understand SAR not wishing to search further given she set out with 1 day of food and water and no overnight gear. I do hope they find her for closure, but I had so hoped they would find her alive. Sam - you will always be in our thoughts and prayers.

At least now the family can get as much resources out there they wish without stepping on the SAR toes. It's a mixed blessing for sure.

i live right near here and i wanna go help!! i’m just not an avid hiker at all . Id still love to help this family though so sad
It sounds like they want searchers, you can contact the family on the email on the drone footage site. The mom asked that the email not be posted all over, because they want to be able to get through the emails without a lot of other stuff.

It sounds like they want searchers, you can contact the family on the email on the drone footage site. The mom asked that the email not be posted all over, because they want to be able to get through the emails without a lot of other stuff.

There is also a Facebook group the family has for local people who want to volunteer. However, they have said that due to the difficulty of the trails and the area, volunteers need to be physically fit enough to handle that. #findsamsayers Volunteers

There is also a Facebook group the family has for local people who want to volunteer. However, they have said that due to the difficulty of the trails and the area, volunteers need to be physically fit enough to handle that. #findsamsayers Volunteers
There will undoubtedly be more drone footage to search if anyone is not able to search on the ground.

The night she did not return, did KD search in the dark? How did he know where to look, and how far was he able to search with a flashlight?

The night she did not return, did KD search in the dark? How did he know where to look, and how far was he able to search with a flashlight?

He knew which trail she was going to hike, so he drove there to look for her when she didn't contact him after she was done hiking, as planned. From this article: Massive Search Underway For Missing Seattle Hiker | HuffPost

"Samantha Sayers was supposed to contact her boyfriend, Kevin Dares, that day around 6 p.m. When she didn’t, he went looking for her. He located her vehicle parked at the trailhead. Despite increasing darkness, he hiked 2 miles along the rocky pathway before he fell and broke his flashlight. Dares said he used light from his cellphone to make his way back to his car and then sought help from a ranger station."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee