IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry but there definitely is such a thing. I was in a male dominated profession my whole life and saw it often. I personally call it the Rooster syndrome because they usually act like one with their chest out. Now I am not saying all but many. So glad your husband is not one.
Neither was my son. It's more a thing that predators, who come in all sizes and shapes, share a common utter disregard for human life and perceive others as objects for their own sport and entertainment to be discarded when the game is over.

This. I have thought from the beginning that he flew into a narcissistic rage when Mollie said NO and wounded his fragile ego. From his SM he seems to put much value on his appearance and it looks like narcissism to me. This is totally my amateur, interested opinion
Yup. I have spent the better part of a year and a half getting an education (through online support groups and psychology articles and books) on NPD and you’re exactly right.

He's the one that said he abducted her and then led police to her body. He has an attorney. Yet neither one of them are claiming someone else did it. So he just decided to confess? I've also seen a report that he led LE "from memory". Whatever the case, according to his own words, he drove to an entrance to a field and then turned into a cornfield entrance, so indeed he knew where he was going when he did that. And then left the body that LE indeed found as per his directions when he was caught.

He's lawfully detained under the statutes based on evidence and his own story. He has counsel and he has not one but two interpreters. And he is receiving due process under the law. The only thing that's really peculiar here is why he can't put his finger on how she ended up in his trunk after he says he chased her down and got angry.

Once more is known we'll be able to have better judgement - it's still way too early and too many unknowns right now for me to say one way or another.

I've seen what you call "Rooster Syndrome"and I've also seen larger men act the same way. LOL
I agree. This talk is making me think of "dumb blonde" type of thinking.

Judging someone by their physical characteristics seems a bit medieval.

I have a biased opinion, I suppose. Almost everyone in my family (expect one in-law) is below average height for their gender. We're shorties...but we're nice! Even the tall in-law seems nice enough. ;)

She DID take action, though, and was aware of her surroundings. She told him to leave her alone, threatened to call the police, and ran.

According to his story.

Which may very well be true, but we also have to consider that a story about an exchange that started innocently but escalated is a lot less incriminating than "I grabbed her from behind and threw her in the car".

I am sorry but there definitely is such a thing. I was in a male dominated profession my whole life and saw it often. I personally call it the Rooster syndrome because they usually act like one with their chest out. Now I am not saying all but many. So glad your husband is not one.

Same!

I have a biased opinion, I suppose. Almost everyone in my family (expect one in-law) is below average height for their gender. We're shorties...but we're nice! Even the tall in-law seems nice enough. ;)

Its not judging them by their height, its that they act that way because of their height. It is legit a thing. Not saying tall people can't act that way, but it is super common in shorties. I call it little man syndrome.

Just read the gag order, and I think that CR's attorney is REALLY interesting, can't wait to see what this member of the bar comes up with next! Could he be like Columbo, or just another guy at the bar?
Haaaa, last statement very funny. I couldn't download the gag order. Does this mean from this point we will here nothing about the case? Can anyone summarize in a few words exactly what this entails?

I'm in the biased shorties group as well ;)

threadclosed.png

link for graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members