UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are really cracking down on these sketchy used car lot places, and junk lot places. Lots of hoops to jump through now just to rebuild your own vehicle. It may not mean that they are all connected, but, that, like other business ventures, they (those working in the LE world), have discovered that the lots, and other types of businesses, are being used as cover for illegal activities. The Rs were into buying and selling used cars, and they sold them under SRTC. They went to Detroit to get them. Folks at a lot in a town on this side of the line, were doing that, but bringing back dope in the door panels, which would be removed, of course, before they sold the vehicle on the lot.

I feel like I'm dancing on the head of a pin. I would like to make it clear this is written in the context of basic math logic used in solving fractions that is "to find the lowest common denominator".

I will not get into the case of proving there is an 'absolute' link to buying,selling,financing,partnering i.e. LLC,dealing,transporting,junking & parting out vehicles,tinkering or fixing up vehicles,derbies or any of the other zillion possibilities involved in hobbies or work any of the families might have been involved with that has already been explored in the threads.

But going back to my original point it does seem like there is a common denominator.At least in the undesputable dominance of the families being discussed at least being acquainted with the business end of vehicle sales.

The following is from a link posted by rsd1200 in post #1503:
<snip>
Who Are The Wagners Pike County Murders
Bernie Brown, who owns an Ohio 41 site in Adams County visited by investigators (I'm assuming could have possibly been from ATF Crime Gun Intelligence Unit)last month during their search, told WCPO-TV 9 in Cincinnati that Jake Wagner sometimes worked for him fixing cars.

Who are the Wagners? Pike County murders investigators want to know

My Opinion Only please critique but be gentle like squeezing the rolls of Charmin

Last edited:
I feel like I'm dancing on the head of a pin. I would like to make it clear this is written in the context of basic math logic used in solving fractions that is "to find the lowest common denominator".

I will not get into the case of proving there is an 'absolute' link to buying,selling,financing,partnering i.e. LLC,dealing,transporting,junking & parting out vehicles,tinkering or fixing up vehicles,derbies or any of the other zillion possibilities involved in hobbies or work any of the families might have been involved with that has already been explored in the threads.

But going back to my original point it does seem like there is a common denominator.At least in the undesputable dominance of the families being discussed at least being acquainted with the business end of vehicle sales.

The following is from a link posted by rsd1200 in post #1503:
<snip>
Bernie Brown, who owns an Ohio 41 site in Adams County visited by investigators (I'm assuming could have possible been from ATF Crime Gun Intelligence Unit)last month during their search, told WCPO-TV 9 in Cincinnati that Jake Wagner sometimes worked for him fixing cars.

My Opinion Only please critique but be gentle like squeezing the rolls of Charmin

It's a theory. Probably theory number 5,273, but I'd not discount it. That doesn't mean that the Brown site was dirty, but, who else were the W boys working for?

<snip>
Bernie Brown, who owns an Ohio 41 site in Adams County visited by investigators (I'm assuming could have possibly been from ATF Crime Gun Intelligence Unit)last month during their search, told WCPO-TV 9 in Cincinnati that Jake Wagner sometimes worked for him fixing cars.
My Opinion Only

It's a theory. Probably theory number 5,273, but I'd not discount it. That doesn't mean that the BB site was dirty, but, who else were the W boys working for?

Rsd1200 you probably remember this. This was in my notes. I thought I rembered who BB was from a search of done earlier.

I am in no way insinuating the family is invoved in in anything but being helpful to the Wagners..

Also as you read the article note that the BB owner of the car lot is the son of the elder B whose property was searched. Although the car lot is owned and operated by his son on the same property.

I'm not sure but The Mansfield News Journal after a certain length of time has elapsed could be a subscription only link?

Another thing is this article talks about is both Wagner brothers being mechanics.I remembered they were but didn't remember where I read it. I do not have my link but I will look so this is just my recollection no link but I read in another article the Wagner brothers also had a little side business to machine,fabricate and modify hardware parts.

More details emerge in three property searches
Mansfield News Journal
<snip>
The BCI visit on Monday came on the heels of searches Friday and Saturday at three area farms near the Rhoden crime scenes.In mid-April, authorities said they had executed 41 search warrants.

<snip>

Authorities swarmed Brown's property on State Route 41 in rural Peebles, and the Wagner farm nearby on 260 Peterson Road about 11 a.m. Friday.All the properties are about 10 to 12 miles from the crime scenes.
<snip>
Brown said the brothers, both diesel mechanics and one-time over-the-road truck drivers, often worked on his vehicles.

<snip>

Authorities did not search Brown's home, garages or barn.

Nor did they search the car lot, which is owned and operated by his son and is also on the property, he said.

The searches that spanned Friday and Saturday were the most public activity in the case for months. .<snip>
http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/...9e1b58eafb33d1

Last edited:
Rsd1200 you probably remember this. This was in my notes. I thought I rembered who BB was from a search of done earlier.

I am in no way insinuating the family is invoved in in anything but being helpful to the Wagners..

Also as you read the article note that the BB owner of the car lot is the son of the elder B whose property was searched. Although the car lot is owned and operated by his son on the same property.

I'm not sure but The Mansfield News Journal after a certain length of time has elapsed could be a subscription only link?

Another thing is this article talks about is both Wagner brothers being mechanics.I remembered they were but didn't remember where I read it. I do not have my link but I will look so this is just my recollection no link but I read in another article the Wagner brothers also had a little side business to machine,fabricate and modify hardware parts.

More details emerge in three property searches
Mansfield News Journal
<snip>
The BCI visit on Monday came on the heels of searches Friday and Saturday at three area farms near the Rhoden crime scenes.In mid-April, authorities said they had executed 41 search warrants.

<snip>

Authorities swarmed Brown's property on State Route 41 in rural Peebles, and the Wagner farm nearby on 260 Peterson Road about 11 a.m. Friday.All the properties are about 10 to 12 miles from the crime scenes.
<snip>
Brown said the brothers, both diesel mechanics and one-time over-the-road truck drivers, often worked on his vehicles.

<snip>

Authorities did not search Brown's home, garages or barn.

Nor did they search the car lot, which is owned and operated by his son and is also on the property, he said.

The searches that spanned Friday and Saturday were the most public activity in the case for months. .<snip>
http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/...9e1b58eafb33d1

I hear what you're saying. In little towns, in rural counties, there are a lot of the little mechanics shops, pop up car lots (some make it some don't), farm machinery sales lots, in folks' back yards/side yards, etc... Easy way to wash money, I'd think. There's a guy who does sketchy car deals for folks with bad credit, around here, and I really gotta wonder if he's doing more than that.

I hear what you're saying. In little towns, in rural counties, there are a lot of the little mechanics shops, pop up car lots (some make it some don't), farm machinery sales lots, in folks' back yards/side yards, etc... Easy way to wash money, I'd think. There's a guy who does sketchy car deals for folks with bad credit, around here, and I really gotta wonder if he's doing more than that.

It's possible, but it would take a LOT of car repairs to launder large amounts of drug money, just sayin'.

Is it now being considered that the man on whose property the W trailers were stored (and later searched by LE) may be part of something that involves the W family? And they're related to someone whose business was recently raided by ATF? It's an interesting theory, but can you find some kind of link?

I read the article about the ATF raiding the business in KY, but don't recall seeing anyone with that last name.

It's possible, but it would take a LOT of car repairs to launder large amounts of drug money, just sayin'.

Is it now being considered that the man on whose property the W trailers were stored (and later searched by LE) may be part of something that involves the W family? And they're related to someone whose business was recently raided by ATF? It's an interesting theory, but can you find some kind of link?

I read the article about the ATF raiding the business in KY, but don't recall seeing anyone with that last name.

Shade-tree mechanics, yes. It would take a lot and most of those are barter or cash on the barrel head. We do have those type of places though, that one wonders how on earth they are in business, and others that we are fairly sure. You can't be making money with the same inventory in your shop for 10 years...unless, who knows? These days, folks will kill you. It ain't like the old days. You screw them over, they will take your life. EDIT I know. It may not be drugs that killed the Rs, but it sure as Hell looks like it to me and I live in BFE, and am surround by Meth and Heroin.

Last edited:
Shade-tree mechanics, yes. It would take a lot and most of those are barter or cash on the barrel head. We do have those type of places though, that one wonders how on earth they are in business, and others that we are fairly sure. You can't be making money with the same inventory in your shop for 10 years...unless, who knows? We just lost a drug family in my region. I was good friends with one of the head's offspring. No one killed them. These days, folks will kill you. You screw them over, they will take your life. I sleep with locks on my effing bedroom door and loaded pistols in my closet. I know. It may not be drugs that killed the Rs, but it sure as Hell looks like it to me and I live in BFE.

I agree, it's very likely drug trafficking played a role in the Rhoden murders. I'm just trying to understand this new theory some have about a connection to that raid in TN. Just not seeing any evidence of a link yet.

Also no evidence of the W family being back in town. Not saying it isn't true, just no evidence right now.

Some of the people who've been working on this case are under a more pressure than usual right now. Online activists for justice for the Rhoden Gilley families need to protect our credibility.

I agree, it's very likely drug trafficking played a role in the Rhoden murders. I'm just trying to understand this new theory some have about a connection to that raid in TN. Just not seeing any evidence of a link yet.

Also no evidence of the W family being back in town. Not saying it isn't true, just no evidence right now.

Some of the people who've been working on this case are under a more pressure than usual right now. Online activists for justice for the Rhoden Gilley families need to protect our credibility.

BBM
I don't see where I went there, other than to see that it could be the used vehicles sales/repair shops that tie all of this together, even if it has nothing to do with ones in any other state. It's not uncommon. I've seen it with restaurants, I've seen it with other type stores, I've seen folks claim they have a "knack" for gambling. Doesn't mean it's tied to anywhere else other than my little space on this planet, it just means it's not the only place it happens. It's common. Doesn't hurt to compare and to look.

Remember these folks?
Major pot grower sentenced to prison | The Informer

Last edited:

BBM
That's my thoughts as well.
Drugs were somehow involved.

Throwing this out there...I awoke from a dream the other night about this case. Counterfeit money. Remember the cash paid for DR's home? What if it was counterfeit. Remind me from whom CR bought the home for DR?

Hopefully I explained in my post below.
read the article about the ATF raiding the business in KY, but don't recall seeing anyone with that last name.
I hopefully explained in my post below.
Thanks rsd1200 your the best.
don't see where I went there, other than to see that it could be the used vehicles sales/repair shops that tie all of this together, even if it has nothing to do with ones in any other state. It's not uncommon. I've seen it with restaurants, I've seen it with other type stores, I've seen folks claim they have a "knack" for gambling. Doesn't mean it's tied to anywhere else other than my little space on this planet, it just means it's not the only place it happens. It's common. Doesn't hurt to compare and to look.
Thanks rsd1200 I think you and I must have similar life experiences because you relate and express my personal thoughts so well.

I think rsd1200 is correct in setting an example of what I mean rather than my writing a post to rival with the excruciating length of 19th century whaling novel Moby Dick.

To quickly summarize my point in posting links to ATF raids. The investigators have asked for several very specific types of weapon hardware evidence in their 'laser focus' of the four Wager members i.e. 'shell casing'.

Now,I have mentioned the part of Mississippi my family has lived for generations is mostly farms. Good paying jobs are almost nonexistent.

This is the gospel truth a neighbor of my cousin was a mechanic & had a garage he fixed up and made parts for all kinds of hardware. He also took in work modifying spurs for roosters. My point is being a mechanic and fabricating contraband hardware is illegal but it pays the bills. Many types of bootleg parts & hardware can be modified in rural sheds. I also mentioned the whispers of shops doing modifications to hardware & nervous acknowledgment of gun running on the Mississippi/Tennessee border.

The ATF is stealthy raiding & confiscating safes,computers from businesses in Ohio and bordering states. I am NOT accusing the Wagners? There is no direct links that say absolutely these raids are looking for 'shell casing' for example. It is hard to find major news media reporting of any ATF raids. But from sleuthing obscure local news sources a few do occasionally get reported then there's a news blackout & their deleted.

Betty P is right we must keep our thread free from sources that would undermine the integrity of Rhoden investigation. The Rhoden's are the victims and are to respected and my sole objective is justice for them!As you point out Betty the local media have done the best they can with no press conferences from the investigators & perhaps it's being managed by departments we know nothing about.

I just wanted to clarify that I am not accusing the people in the links. I am just attempting to consolidate some very sparse clues we have explored.Asking myself what are investigators specifically looking for. Consider in the 'few' raids we're aware of what logically would they be looking for. We're aware of presence of the ATF’s Crime Gun Intelligence program but I am not sure if it's related to Piketon. rsd1200 mentioned mine is about theory # 2103 since posting began. To be clear I am speaking of the Wagers in any possible hardware searches. The Rhoden's are victims they are NOT at all involved in the ATF focus on evidence being sought on the Wagners & possible disposal of crime evidence.

Any of the illegal activities are federal offenses and not to spoken of lightly. No accusations just discussing the investigation and what the Feds need to indict who is responsible for the nightmare massacre of 8 precious lives.

I want justice for the Rhoden Family who have suffered so much in this nightmare crime.

I think I have beat this horse to death.

My Opinion Only

Last edited:
Throwing this out there...I awoke from a dream the other night about this case. Counterfeit money. Remember the cash paid for DR's home? What if it was counterfeit. Remind me from whom CR bought the home for DR?

Like actual fake money or money obtained from/through less than legal means?

BBM
I don't see where I went there, other than to see that it could be the used vehicles sales/repair shops that tie all of this together, even if it has nothing to do with ones in any other state. It's not uncommon. I've seen it with restaurants, I've seen it with other type stores, I've seen folks claim they have a "knack" for gambling. Doesn't mean it's tied to anywhere else other than my little space on this planet, it just means it's not the only place it happens. It's common. Doesn't hurt to compare and to look.

Remember these folks?
Major pot grower sentenced to prison | The Informer

Dang, I might trade 30 months for what he made off that operation... No wonder her is smiling...lol

Maybe used someones real cash for the down payment and passed on counterfeit where the real cash was supposed to go....

or maybe they were in on it? like money laundering? and someone else found out
Exactly. I have mentioned money laundering from the very beginning. Or like Dudly said, that maybe counterfeit was used at some point in transaction. Imagine the folks who would be pretty upset---the person who received counterfeit for payment and the folks putting the counterfeit money into the mainstream being exposed. Has anyone seen the movie American Born with Tom Cruise? Based on a real story, slightly exaggerated, but Anything is possible. I keep thinking about the money that was rumored to be strewn on the body of KR. Money---Significance?

or maybe they were in on it? like money laundering? and someone else found out

If they were selling the amount of weed, that we've been told they were growing, then they'd almost have to be laundering the money. It couldn't go into a bank, they couldn't go to a lot and by a Lincoln Navigator, or Jeep Rubicon, the $30k toward the home probably raised eyebrows, so he had to have some sort of legal way that he could show, that he had that money, or if illegal, some way that he laundered that money. It would seem to me to me anyway. If someone gave him the money, it would have to be accounted for, some way. A gift. Who would give them a gift of$30k, in their family and friend circle? EDIT: Did he skim? That's not cool, at all. Deadly.

The sale of the house reflects that it was sold for more than $30k. Someone, along the way, (the powers that be), would want to know about the source, of that $30k. That 30k may have been what tripped them up, or, it could be that someone wiped out an entire family, and extended family, over one child,but, if drug use was involved by the killer(s), and anger hit a fever pitch, then yeah, it could be possible. Especially if it was meth. Unless you know what to look for, you may never know that someone is using that stuff til they're so far gone, they're mowing their yard, with a headlamp, at night, in their underwear...

This is simply theorizing based on knowing how frickin' picky the banks are about $$, as well as the ever watchful govt., and, knowing more than one meth freak. Meth is a very dangerous drug.

Edit:
The Problem with Dirty Money

Last edited:
I continue this story because of past experience. Years ago I was employed by a company out of Chicago but operating in a small southern town. Pre-Wash garments. I was assistant to CEO. Garments came from and went to Mexico. Partners and business contacts came from various places from New York, Chicago to Tunisia. I saw a lot of cash change hands. One day, I received a phone call from a person telling me to relay to my boss to bring a certain amount of cash to a certain location in New York at a certain time. I quit that day. So, all I am saying is it could involve drugs ultimately and these head guys set up companies in small towns and use naive local people (like me). But, I still lean towards money as prime reason for all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie