IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t he also live in a trailer with other workers as well?

We expect the attorney to spin it in his favor though, sadly

Yup, they always do, but seems like most defense attorneys in higher profile cases are not such train wrecks. He's been good for a laugh, but I hope he gets fired because I do not want to see two trials.

Thanks duster1979. From what I've read CR didn't work with the milking operation.

There's much more to do on a dairy farm than milking cows.

His job duties included:

"Rivera had worked at the farm for 4 years and assisted with cow movement and cow husbandry."

I guess cow husbandry is semen collection and insemination?

Husbandry is the care of livestock. Breeding could be a part of that, but most likely his duties were general care and feeding. Cow movement would simply be moving the herd from one pasture to another or from the pasture to the barn for milking. Basically he opened gates.

CR lived on a forty acre parcel separate from the dairy operation.

Because that's where they owned a house.

Also Yarrabee Farms is much more than a dairy farm.

“That’s the kind of immigration system we need, not only for agriculture, but for many other industries within the state,” said Lang, whose family operation has a 700-head dairy herd, farms 1,200 acres and runs a cow and calf beef operation."

That sounds like a cattle farm.

None of which makes it any more likely that he would have used a rope as part of his daily routine.

Can someone explain to me why he would not be able to discuss if she could have been held?

Because it's an on going investigation, as LE are still trying to confirm post-abduction timeline to give to state prosecutor. There may be more charges filed down the line, as more facts are confirmed by LE. Till then, they ain't saying nothing! SOP.

“He lived alone and worked 12 hours [a] day, seven days a week. He was handling the milk supply. He is a loving father,” Richards added.

He lived alone? I thought he lived with his gf and their baby?

He couldn't have worked 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week. There are reports of his stalking other girls, following them around in his black Malibu. And he followed Mollie. So I doubt he was working 12hrs a day, 7 days a week.
farm work starts at 4-6am, so he'd be done by 4-6pm.

To lead them to her body, he used the location tracker on his phone. It's going to have the dates and times which will tie everything together. He's toast.
I am glad this guy does not appear to be very bright , his lawyer can only spin so much, the tying his phone to it honestly proves the ops time line in my opinion and gives better info proving he was at the crime scene at a pricise time
Every house in America isn't a boarding house for illegal workers using fake IDs harboring a murder suspect for three weeks. And LE does actually wait around and collect trash in investigations all the time. It is considered discarded and not subject to search and seizure protections.
not to mention the economic end of it , there isn't funding to just do do it all the time , we cant even compare fingerprint in real time and my local corner has a 3 month wait for reports due to funding issues. |Its great to solve crimes there are economical and legal constraints.
After watching a few news conferences of CR’s attorney ... all I can say is WOW! I’m beginning to wonder if that man even went to law school. If he did what year did he pass the bar exam? In no way, shape or form am I supporting CR!!! I’m not saying that! In fact it’s the complete opposite. The guy doesn’t make a lick of sense![/QUOTE
oh Sarah J. Scott your post made me think, we said those same things about Jose Baez as a lawyer ,( horrible lawyer but he was able to spin a good circus ) . Hoping this is not like that, and the evidence is solid and circus stays in its tent.

We live in the south so they are perfect. Great for the ocean or whatever - just wash and off you go. Ok - thats off topic. Sorry. About the only thing I have expertise in I am afraid. I will stop now. I will keep reading quietly.

This is a totally wild thought so don’t yell at me.

What if LE knows more than they are leading us to believe. What if they are trying to suspect another person in this case while also trying to get the real killer to think he’s still innocent and doesn’t have anything to worry about since another is already a huge suspect in this case. Trying to make the perp feel more at ease. More likely to make a mistake? I don’t know like I said A THOUGHT. I’m not saying CR is innocent because I know they got led to her body buuuut I guess I’m just thinking more in-depth about this. I feel like there is more that LE knows that is not telling us.
I think it is a given that LE knows more than they are telling us. Nothing will surprise me about this case.

This is a totally wild thought so don’t yell at me.

What if LE knows more than they are leading us to believe. What if they are trying to suspect another person in this case while also trying to get the real killer to think he’s still innocent and doesn’t have anything to worry about since another is already a huge suspect in this case. Trying to make the perp feel more at ease. More likely to make a mistake? I don’t know like I said A THOUGHT. I’m not saying CR is innocent because I know they got led to her body buuuut I guess I’m just thinking more in-depth about this. I feel like there is more that LE knows that is not telling us.
Not yelling but LE can't arrest and charge someone to bait and switch their actual suspect. They surely know a lot that we don't, but he is who they are certain did this. Maybe there will be others who get hauled in for protecting him or lying (maybe not), but he said himself he grabbed her and he left her dead in the cornfield, then he proved the latter is true by taking them to her.

“He lived alone and worked 12 hours [a] day, seven days a week. He was handling the milk supply. He is a loving father,” Richards added.

He lived alone? I thought he lived with his gf and their baby?

He couldn't have worked 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week. There are reports of his stalking other girls, following them around in his black Malibu. And he followed Mollie. So I doubt he was working 12hrs a day, 7 days a week.
That family is delusional if they think the monster was working all those hours and going around stalking women. He probably worked 40 hrs a week and spent the rest of the time on his perversions.

Family, attorney of Mollie Tibbetts' suspected killer fight back

The aunt said that Rivera — whom she described as a good father to his daughter — lived with Monarrez until about a year and a half ago, when the couple broke up. Monarrez has since moved out of the area.

"He was a good person. He was a jokester," the aunt said of Rivera, through a translator. "For us, he was a good and normal person. Not aggressive or violent, no. He was normal just like us."

My opinion of Mr Richard keeps diminishing! First isn't it hypocritical to apply for a GAG ORDER bemoan in court about extended media and then immediately speak to reporters where he referred to our sitting President as "Sad and Sorry" and later in an interview WHICH he could have avoided sat there SMILING from ear from ear and referred to the President at "MR" and claiming President Trump did something improper. I believe this man is doing his best to deflect attention and culpability from his client. He referred to Mollie as "the body".

:mad:

It may end up where the Prosecution asks for a gag order to keep that Defense attorney in check!!!

My opinion on the defense lawyer - he appears to be a bit of a baffoon and grandstander. That being said, the burden of proof is on the prosecutor to prove CR committed this crime beyond a resonable doubt. One key role of a defense attorney is to build resonable doubt in the minds of the jury. Good defense attorneys have this skill honed, especially criminal defense attorneys. The best criminal defense lawyers are exceptional at this skill. This guy seems to be someone used to getting DWI cases or the like (no offense intended to lawyers here who handle DWI cases), etc. If this does go to trial, I am not so sure this attorney can do it or do it alone. If CR has a solid attorney representing him, then mistrials, lengthy appeals, etc. may be less likely.

I am not a lawyer. This is my own opinion.

For all the horrible things he apparently did...I for one am really glad he took LE to Mollie. Many other killers have refused to even acknowledge guilt once convicted. I wish he would plead guilty, but don’t expect that. Still...at least her family is not still waiting, and hoping for the impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288