Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting guidelines:

* We do not sleuth or accuse people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

* Do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI. The few exceptions are victims' pages, LE and MSM pages.

* Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a private message. DO NOT discuss them in the thread.

* If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not reply to it. Alert the post ASAP.

* If you quote a post which later is removed by a mod, your post is subject to removal, as well.

*Websleuths is a fact based site. Provide a MSM link for your assertions. Rumors are not allowed. Sites such as reddit or sub-reddit are not approved to be linked, referenced or discussed.

Updated 8/17/2018
WHAT WE KNOW
  1. Mollie’s jogging clothing is missing – pink sports bra, black shorts & running shoes
  2. Mollie’s devices are missing – cell phone, armband, FitBit and white earbuds
  3. She has about 3 different routes and likes to mix them up
  4. The dogs were in the basement
  5. DJ said the door was probably unlocked
  6. She typically picks up the car at her mom's house before dark
  7. She went for a run about 7:30
  8. She usually runs for 45 minutes
  9. LE reconstructed her run, relying on Fitbit data, cell phone pings and eyewitnesses
  10. A digital signal led police to the Guernsey farm area
  11. Video footage was collected from various businesses, including Casey’s & D&M
  12. Mollie's mom was asked by FBI if Mollie was "in a home" at 9:45
  13. She may have done homework (time unknown & unconfirmed)
  14. Snapchat appeared to be indoors & taken that day, viewed at 10PM
  15. Mollie was a creature of habit
  16. DJ sent her a text in the morning and she did not respond
  17. JT sent her at text approx. 7:30 am asking if she needed the car – no response
  18. There were no vehicles in the driveway (as there usually would be)
  19. Her driver's license, passport and debit card were at the house
  20. Usual evening routine: run, shower/eat or eat/shower, homework, bed
  21. No signs of a struggle or forced entry
Reported Sightings
  • NH, 7:30 pm - W Pershing Dr
  • RT, time unknown - W. Des Moines – walking east, would have to go N or S
  • DR, 8 pm - East 2nd Street - jogging west toward Casey’s
DC, time unknown, West St - told by LE (not an actual sighting) that MT jogged past his house and made it home

FBI poster indicates that Mollie was last seen running on Pershing Drive.
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/mollie-cecelia-tibbetts/@@download.pdf

Tricia,
Thanks for the warning. That being said, I have to get offline awhile. How can we overlook who he is or that he is here illegally? I mean, as a human being, as a member of these United States, the sheer horror of what she must have gone through should make our blood boil. This could be my daughter, my sister, my granddaughter, my friend. Time folks stood up for what is right. There are killers all over this country. How many came from countries that do not value human life, we may never know.

Thanks for the WS site. You do great work and we do appreciate you.

If I allowed a political discussion about illegal immigration Websleuths would melt down in minutes. Seriously. The forum would go under from the massive amount of hatred that would spew from both sides and attract others who love to fight about politics.

The fact of the matter is this man is charged with 1st-degree murder not with being an illegal immigrant. If you want to discuss the illegal immigration problem feel free, on another forum. Not here.
Today and for the rest of this discussion, we will focus on Mollie and the facts of the case.

Illegal or not he killed Mollie.

[ QUOTE="Charliegizmo49, post: 14327650, member: 211028"]At this stage of grief there is no comfort. They have barely braced against being told she’s dead.

They will rely on God and the people closest to them. They will struggle I understand how this horrible thing could have happened at all. They are trying to wake up from a nightmare that no parent should face. They are deep in the first stage of grief, denial.

No one and nothing can change life as they faced it last Monday. By no choice, and nothing they did resulted in Mollie’s death.

Law enforcement had to go to her mothers house and face the family as they opened the door instantly realizing the news that Mollie would ever be home again.

The investigators deliver the death notice as a required part of the job. Neither Officer relished ringing Millie’s mother’s bell late Monday, but it had to be done. They chose their word carefully but the reaction was always the same. A shocking gasp and obvious physical reaction of pain.

Gone were her voice, her innocence and every goood sweet thing about Mollie Tibbetts. The phenomenal daughter they raised to be loving, compassionate yet strong and kind was simply gone. No one last I love you, No more laughter, no more calls from their child, Mollie was dead.

Mollie would never marry, have a child or experience so much of what life is supposed to be. She was incredible, happy and a positive young lady whose future should have been bright and promising.

It was another human being, not a Mexican, or a Latino or any other racial descriptive term, a human being who decided Mollie Tibbetts was going to die. He has no ethnicity he’s best described as evil. And I know there is absolutely no comfort in evil.

They had to endure seeing Rivera’s photo for the first time, and perhaps they didn’t turn on the tv to see his face or to watch his mother look on as scared as the Tibbets family was since the first second Mollie was missing. They may have smiled and said hello in passing, but they didn’t recognize him. And certainly not as anyone who had a reason to hurt Mollie.

Theee short days later another horrific realization. This monster from within their innocent community had hunted her down chased her, terrified,until he won. She died a slow painful death from stabbing. In the trunk of a car. Alone. Her family could not bear to imagine what thoughts she had during her last minutes before death.

Millie’s family couldn’t do anything to help her or make the pain any less. It might have lasted an hour. 60 long minutes of terror for their only little girl.

The final human desecration would be Mollies tiny body laying in the soil of a farm so close yet to far to help her now.

For 5 long hot weeks her body laid under the brilliant blazing sun while insects began the final stage of life. Her body wasn’t beautiful when law enforcement was guided to the field of corn. The soil that gives life also takes it away breaking down nutrients to nurture food for the next generation.

Comfort?? No I don’t think they found any comfort in much of anything for 5 long weeks. They were numb and in fearful pain.

The only comfort I can begin to think they may have experienced is a strong faith in God, in each other and the people who reach out to them every day.

And there will be no comfort if they discover even more heinous facts when final autopsy reports are handed to them along with a death certificate all neatly packaged in a pale ivory folder from the funeral home. No comfort in life’s final paperwork.

There will be little comfort for the Tibbetts family. There lives will never be “comfortable” or the same again.[/QUOTE]

Take errors for what they are. Mistakes by mE. I can’t read it again.

One thing I want to make crystal clear. It has no bearing what ethnicity Rivera may be. If he was pink purple with green dots it would not change the evil within if found guilty. Nothing and no one can change the decision he alone made to violently take mollies life. If found guilty

Godspeed to all the investigators.

Last edited:
Suspect’s relatives say they’re baffled by arrest in Mollie Tibbetts case
Apologies if this has already been posted. The article states that CR entered the US when he was 16 and settled in Iowa. CR chose Iowa because his uncle and aunt live there. He worked "on a series of milk farms" since his arrival. The family members in the courtroom that day were his aunt and uncle, not his parents. CR's parents are still in Mexico. So that would mean CR has been in Iowa for 8 years. It doesn't say if CR lived in or worked in any other states. It also didn't mention if he had family in any other states.
Just adding, CR's father's last name is not Rivera.

Last edited:
JnRyan said:
I didn't understand how he got caught. He was an illegal alien, so I assume he still retained his Mexican citzenship. For less than $200 he could have been on a Greyhound bus out of Des Moines to El Paso. He could have left on a Sunday morning and by the time anyone knew he was missing he would have been almost to El Paso. By Monday afternoon he would be in Mexico. So I looked up extradition treaties and it appears every country south of us has an extradition treaty with the US. I didn't find a single Spanish speaking country that did not have an extradition treaty with the US.

Theres the thing. He did not even need to get out of the US, he could have just traveled to another migrant community within the same state. The police would have been looking for a different person. The Farm had him employeed under a false name. They would not be looking for anyone named CR rather his fraudulent name. Doubt his coworkers would have volunteered anything different. I'm not even convinced his real name is CR. I think this is a safety measure some illegals use to remain under the radar.

It would be interesting if we could find out what the ticket was for. If it was him driving and if ticket was for driving without a license then it makes you wonder why the car was not impounded and why was he allowed to continue to drive it.

We wont know unless MSM or public record can be found out what the ticket was for and who was driving.

Would also be interesting if he even had car insurance. Most states require car insurance for liability reasons.

The impound is mostly at the officers discretion perhaps. I know in my state most cities do not impound for most uninsured and no license. It really depends on what they got pulled over for and how they treat the officer ... Officers here know that whether they tow you or not that the state will impose surcharges and a suspension as soon as the citation hits the system. Then if they get caught suspended they will impound and give you a date to see a judge .
The city I reside in doesn’t play around. They run your plates and see you have no insurance/license they pull you over and impound after taking you to the nearest safest location lol QT but it’s not like that in most cities here Jmo imo ime

↑@Cortne said:
The DM article says it was a friend of the killer that said he didn’t want to talk about Mollie and looking back it was odd. Not the gf or baby mama

↑@Seattle1
Just to be clear, at least 2 local women (HV, 18, and DG 's unidentified sister) have given accounts of initial encounters with CR describing him as friendly, well spoken. Not to expose them further, all refs/links can be found in the media thread. To my knowledge, IM, the baby Mum, has not made any public statement.

↑@Seattle1
Baby Mum makes statement:
The shaken former girlfriend who turned up to support the alleged killer of Mollie Tibbetts at his first court appearance has told friends: ‘I only went for the sake of our daughter.’

IM says she split up with Cristhian Bahena Rivera two years ago but stayed in close contact with him because of their little girl, J, three.

IM took J with her when she attended Poweshiek County Court Wednesday to see alleged illegal immigrant Rivera, 24, face a first-degree murder charge.

The toddler cried out and repeatedly asked her mom what was happening as her father was led into the courtroom in shackles and a jail-issue striped jumpsuit.

'IM wanted to go because of her daughter. At the end of the day that's her little girl's father and she may not be able to see him for a very long time,' dished a confidante. (BBM)
Ex-girlfriend of alleged killer of Mollie Tibbetts tells why she turned up at his court appearance | Daily Mail Online

With respect to the xgf and child being in court ...

It is possible the GF is a victim of domestic abuse and this may have been the very first time since meeting CR that she actually felt safe. It could be that she showed up to show him that he was not in control of her or her child any more. I am not yet convinced she was there to support him.

I agree the child should not have been included in this hearing, however, I am open to considering she is also a victim until we understand if she played any role in the crime.

The motivation of a victim when it comes to dealing with their abuser is complicated. What most people would judge as innapropriate and strange could be much different to a person living with and under abuse.

This is just my opinion.

With respect to the xgf and child being in court ...

It is possible the GF is a victim of domestic abuse and this may have been the very first time since meeting CR that she actually felt safe. It could be that she showed up to show him that he was not in control of her or her child any more. I am not yet convinced she was there to support him.

I agree the child should not have been included in this hearing, however, I am open to considering she is also a victim until we understand if she played any role in the crime.

The motivation of a victim when it comes to dealing with their abuser is complicated. What most people would judge as innapropriate and strange could be much different to a person living with and under abuse.

This is just my opinion.
I'm a bit more pragamatic, she was most likely paid to be there.

Concurring with a poster from the previous thread - Allan Richards does general practice. The area isn’t big enough to specialize. He does some criminal law, some arbitration, some debt collection, etc. Not uncommon outside larger cities. He might not have ever done a murder, given the area.

As for the lawsuit posted regarding the search warrant of his office, any attorney worth their salt is going to be hopping mad over a search through confidential materials. I don’t think you can sketch his character from the suit, nor what was collected. When I practiced criminal defense, it was not uncommon for clients to give us things that may be relevant to their case.

Lastly, with regard to statement that the defense would need to present an alternative suspect via their own witnesses, that’s not necessarily the case. It’s the prosecution’s job to prove their case - the defense only has to introduce reasonable doubt. They don’t have to identify an alternative suspect. The most effective way to do so is on cross-examination of the state’s witnesses. You want to keep your case tight. Introducing too many of your own witnesses can actually sink your case, IMO.

[ QUOTE="Charliegizmo49, post: 14327650, member: 211028"]At this stage of grief there is no comfort. They have barely braced against being told she’s dead.

They will rely on God and the people closest to them. They will struggle I understand how this horrible thing could have happened at all. They are trying to wake up from a nightmare that no parent should face. They are deep in the first stage of grief, denial.

No one and nothing can change life as they faced it last Monday. By no choice, and nothing they did resulted in Millie’s death.

Law enforcement had to go to her mothers house and face the family as they opened the door instantly realizing the news that Mollie would ever be home again.

Gone were her voice, her innocence and every goood sweet thing about Mollie Tibbetts. No more laughter, no more calls from their child, Mollie was dead.

Mollie would never marry, have a child or experience so much of what life is supposed to be. She was incredible, happy and a positive young lady whose future should have been bright and promising.

But it was another human being, not a Mexican, or a Latino or any other racial descriptive term, a human being who decided Mollie Tibbetts was going to die. He has no ethnicity he’s best described as evil. And I know there is absolutely no comfort in evil.

They had to endure seeing Rivera’s photo for the first time, and perhaps they didn’t turn on the tv to see his face or to watch his mother look on as scared as the Tibbets family was since the first second Mollie was missing.

Theee short days later another horrific realization. This monster from within their innocent community had hunted her down chased her terrified until he won. She died a slow painful death from stabbing. In the trunk of a car. Alone.

Millie’s family couldn’t do anything to help her or make the pain any less. It might have lasted an hour. 60 long minutes of terror for their only little girl.

The final human desecration would be Mollies tiny body laying in the soil of a farm so close yet to far to help her now.

For 5 long hot weeks her body laid under the brilliant blazing sun while insects began the final stage of life. Her body wasn’t beautiful when law enforcement was guided to the field of corn. The soil that gives life also takes it away breaking down nutrients to nurture food for the next generation.

Comfort?? No I don’t think they found any comfort in much of anything for 5 long weeks. They were numb and in fearful pain.

The only comfort I can begin to think they may have experienced is a strong faith in God, in each other and the people who reach out to them every day.

And there will be no comfort if they discover even more heinous facts when final autopsy reports are handed to them along with a death certificate all neatly packaged in a pale ivory folder from the funeral home. No comfort in life’s final paperwork.

There will be little comfort for the Tibbetts family. There lives will never be “comfortable” or the same again.

Take errors for what they are. Mistakes by mE. I can’t read it again.

One thing I want to make crystal clear. It has no bearing what ethnicity Rivera may be. If he was pink purple with green dots it would not change the evil within if found guilty. Nothing and no one can change the decision he alone made to violently take mollies life. If found guilty

Godspeed to all the investigators.[/QUOTE]

So very well said...THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members