Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? People seldom suspect people they know in these cases. Why do you think he would have stood out? I am not seeing it.

Dennis Rader hid in plain sight for years leading a "normal" life. It was his daughter's DNA that linked him to the BTK killings. No one ever suspected he was a serial killer. Psychopaths often easily hide among the general public because they don't feel remorse for their crimes.

JMO
We may not know the exact location of where he first confronted her but with the relatively short 45 minute timespan till she was dead, I am thinking he attacked her right away and maybe drug her off in the nearby corn to rape and kill her right away at the very first confrontation zone. Then he goes back out to the road and makes sure coast is clear and drags her to the car to take her to a better dumping spot further away from town.

I hope LE has identified the initial confrontation site. There could be lots of evidence at that first spot.

Have they mentioned the timeframe yet? How do you know it was 45 min? I dont recall reading this in the affidavit and I'm just curious if more info has been released. I thought perp 'blacked out' and couldn't remember the time between. Do we know how long she was dead or if he stopped at his house before taking her to the cornfield?

For the most part, I've kept up with posts but may have missed a few on most recent pages so, I apologize if these are dumb questions.

Why? People seldom suspect people they know in these cases. Why do you think he would have stood out? I am not seeing it.

Quite blatantly maybe or maybe not because we have no way of knowing. None of us.

I could see someone seeing him or something of his with blood on it.

The car, it was not his, if he did not wash it. well someone might have seen.

His behavior.
As far as I know he did not miss any days of work so he was out and about working but I have no idea if he really was.

And I do agree with what you said about people seldom suspecting, it happens all the time. But these people live in close quarters more or less and they see each other every day, know their habits like family and a group of people that live together. Like clockwork.
This is what I see for a few but that is me.

Could someone please link the article they are referring to these times given now about Mollie? I think I saw 7:45- 8:25? I can’t find what’s being referred to. Thanks!

Where did he go after the cornfield?
Right! Did he run naked to the truck? Even if he had clothes lying nearby, they would get bloody. Unless he was really prepared and had a towel or something nearby. And if he did shower somewhere, wouldn't someone notice him come in with wet hair( it looks styled to me) Maybe he got back to his house late, while everyone was asleep. I can't see him bringing back bloody clothes or weapons, I would think he would toss them.

Right! Did he run naked to the truck? Even if he had clothes lying nearby, they would get bloody. Unless he was really prepared and had a towel or something nearby. And if he did shower somewhere, wouldn't someone notice him come in with wet hair( it looks styled to me) Maybe he got back to his house late, while everyone was asleep. I can't see him bringing back bloody clothes or weapons, I would think he would toss them.
That’s what I was thinking. It seems to me that when you looked down and saw blood all over you, you would associate that with a body in the trunk, not a part of a headset.

Can anyone figure out if the last witness who thought he saw her jogging at 8:00 pm may have actually seen her earlier, like around 7:30? Would it make sense in relation to where she ended up 15 minutes later? It not a big deal but I was just wondering if he really did see her that night or got it confused with another night. It doesnt make sense that he could have seen her when he said he did because that would have been in the middle of the assault. So my question is, if he was off by that much, could he have seen her just before the 7:45 timeframe going by where they think she was at that time? I have no idea if anyone will understand my question, but if so, what do you think? Impossible?

Most people simply lives their lives. We may see someone or something, but rarely will people look down at their watch to note the time, as if they would have to give evidence. If an event is a normal occurrence most people just keep moving normally. How many neighbors have I seen today? And, what would be my accuracy in estimating the time I saw them?

So, will we hear about what they found when they searched the house, car, etc. at the prelim on 08/30 or will it be more administrative?

Quite blatantly maybe or maybe not because we have no way of knowing. None of us.

I could see someone seeing him or something of his with blood on it.

The car, it was not his, if he did not wash it. well someone might have seen.

His behavior.
As far as I know he did not miss any days of work so he was out and about working but I have no idea if he really was.

And I do agree with what you said about people seldom suspecting, it happens all the time. But these people live in close quarters more or less and they see each other every day, know their habits like family and a group of people that live together. Like clockwork.
This is what I see for a few but that is me.

Wives never/seldom seem to know their spouses are serial killers or rapists. We are not programmed to think that way. And LE was saying it was probably not somone very local, while her family was convinced it was someone she knew well enough to go with. So there is no reason at all, imo, for his co-workers, housemates etc to look at him.

Good question. I know a local market said he used to visit with his friends and purchase drinks and snacks. I wonder if he picked up anything to eat? Went out to eat? We know he had a month to tie up loose ends.
Could he be that brazen that he wouldn't be concerned about his appearance? With that kind of attack, he would have had to have cleaned up first.

Have they mentioned the timeframe yet? How do you know it was 45 min? I dont recall reading this in the affidavit and I'm just curious if more info has been released. I thought perp 'blacked out' and couldn't remember the time between. Do we know how long she was dead or if he stopped at his house before taking her to the cornfield? For the most part, I've kept up with posts but may have missed a few on most recent pages so, I apologize if these are dumb questions.

Could someone please link the article they are referring to these times given now about Mollie? I think I saw 7:45- 8:25? I can’t find what’s being referred to. Thanks!

7:45 to 8:28 is merely the incident time range listed on the affidavit. It doesn't necessarily include the time range in which Mollie passed.

http://www.dps.state.ia.us/commis/p...-2018_DCI_ArrestWarrantComplaintAffidavit.pdf

Another thought: Might Yarrabee Farms lease pasture grounds? Could there be some on 460th, giving CR reason to know that area?

<modsnip: snipped quote and response to it> I am sorry we had the outcome of her being killed :( I had gut feeling she was from week 1. I think for me as a mother of a 22 year old daughter who I know would be paralyzed with fear a likely forever ruined if she were held captive and tortured like some of the past girls, and found alive months to years later. I cannot even bring myself to think of what if, but I do think right now, the only tiny ray of light I would see here would be if she was grabbed and died quick!! Less fear and suffering IMO..,I have my own high profile murder trial starting Oct 1st... I will go focus on that again. In my family’s friends cases, they confessed, were caught on camera, and caught with their money, cell phines and some valuables. Yet we still have to go to court once every few weeks to hear of more delays, more waiting, etc. I hope MT’s family gets swift justice.

Have they mentioned the timeframe yet? How do you know it was 45 min? I dont recall reading this in the affidavit and I'm just curious if more info has been released. I thought perp 'blacked out' and couldn't remember the time between. Do we know how long she was dead or if he stopped at his house before taking her to the cornfield?

For the most part, I've kept up with posts but may have missed a few on most recent pages so, I apologize if these are dumb questions.

JMO
Its still a guess but is based on the fact the arrest warrant has a 45 minute span for when the murder happened. See attached murder charges.

7:45 pm - 8:28 pm

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/082118+DCI+Arrest.pdf

If anyone had seen him that night, I would think they would have noticed a change of behavior. He had to have been hyped up. Other things like blood, scratches, etc or basically any kind of wound. During those 5 weeks the public had been told what to look for ( at some point) and even the girl who was interviewed who said he gave her strange answers when she asked him who he thought did it. It just seems that when you consider all the people he came in contact with, someone would have seen something odd.

Wives never/seldom seem to know their spouses are serial killers or rapists. We are not programmed to think that way. And LE was saying it was probably not somone very local, while her family was convinced it was someone she knew well enough to go with. So there is no reason at all, imo, for his co-workers, housemates etc to look at him.

Programmed. That's something I've been toying with today. I've been examining everything I was taught, everything I believe, trying to see it from a different angle. Programmed, yes, to a point. It isn't an easy thing, maybe not possible to see things in a different light, although several times in recent years I did see that truth wasn't always what I believed it to be. I went from one thought pattern to another, then moved on to another. Now, I'm questioning all of them and I don't know where this is going, what lies ahead. Are any of us capable of seeing all aspects, of seeing truth?

And while there has been no mention, or evident correlation, this could be gang related as well. I emphasize we have not heard of any gang affiliation, but I wonder.
It appears he acted alone, but we don’t know...yet.

Respectfully disagree with the assumption of gang affiliation. I believe this was already discussed, if not my apologies. CR acted alone. MOO. He wanted what he couldn’t have and took it in the most horrific way imaginable.

I am really surprised he didn’t skip town when the map with the five points was released. He had to have known that LE was closing in on him.

The five points didn't pinpoint his home or Mollie's body, and he probably didn't realize that the purpose of the locations was to identify a vehicle. Police wanted to speak to everyone at those locations, but initially I, and perhaps he, thought police only wanted to speak to people who had seen something unusual at those locations.

This map shows that there's no exact correlation between the dots and what we know today.

Attachments

• Mollie Abduction 2.jpg
    Mollie Abduction 2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics