CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
It WAS CW's place to get involved. Except he wouldn't. CW was not concerned about his pregnant wife at all, so someone else had to be.

Thank goodness for SW's mom and NU that stayed in touch with each other and refused to give up on SW.

Exactly. If NUA had waited on him to report them missing, he may have sold the house and rode off into the sunset with his AP/girlfriend/mistress by now.

Not only that but NU said SW entertained the idea of CW cheating, but brushed it off saying he had "no game".

They also had a gender reveal coming up.

Nothing I've seen of SW indicates she was planning on a separation or divorce. NU did not say they were. The only 2 people that have said this are CW and some random hairdresser.

Moo
I can see all this as Shanann living in her everything is beautiful Thrive world when in actuality everything was a mess. Would you go to the freezer every night for five weeks and pull out a frozen ziplock bag of God knows what and eat it? I wouldn’t. I’d want some fresh vegetables! And I hope I’m not coming across like I’m bashing Shanann because I’m not. I love her, I think she was trying as hard as she could to do everything she could for her family, she just hadn’t figured out the difference between wishful thinking and reality.

"I saw her when she got in, but it was really quick, just because it was 2 a.m."

Chris said he woke up around 5:00 AM and began talking to Shanann about marital separation and informed her he wanted to initiate the separation.

AND

At approximately 4:00 AM he informed Shanann he wanted to go through with a separation and they were both upset and crying.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf

Last edited:
People think that because SW posted it on her FB page. But Shanann’s FB didn’t always reflect the reality behind the scenes. (And we all know people who aren’t living the life they portray on SM, I’m not singling her out for criticism!)

SBM

I feel that Shanann really BELIEVED her life was what she posted on Social Media. Not some fantasy. Personally, I see nothing wrong with that life. (never having been involved in MLM) I mean, my goodness, you have to have goals in life.

There's nothing wrong with a vibrant, beautiful, loving wife & Mother wanting better for her family. Isn't that what we all want?

I GET what everyone is saying about the stress of MLM. Is it really that much more stressful and demanding than you're regular 9 - 5? A waitresses gruelling shift work? A factory worker? An auto mechanic?
A job is a job. Most of them suck the life out of you. Working shifts from 11am til 8pm (did for years), never seeming to get ahead financially.

I applaud Shanann. I praise Shanann. It's not a bad thing to post how positive your life is on Social Media. Many here think it was all for MLM. Look at people's Facebook's, Instagram, they aren't all into MLM, but you see multitudes of happy families. Families struggling financially can still have healthy, loving relationships.

I guess I'm just frustrated at posters saying that Shanann was posting about a 'fake' life. I truly think Shanann lived that life and worked hard for it. It was for the whole family. The. Whole. Family.

How could she know that CW at some point decided to wipe out the family? Deceitful, mimicking, personalities hide in plane view & that to me is terrifying!

How many of us have been fooled by a cheating spouse? (hand up, here) Shanann had just begun feeling that CW might be having an affair. A pregnant Mom of 2. She was still 'living that life' up until the moment she became suspicious about the infidelity. Her husband, the father of her children decided he wanted a change.
This was all premeditated (IMO) Her flight delay might have changed his initial plan, but it seems he must've had a plan B.

I'll say it again, Do you know how many men would give their left nut to have a wife like Shanann??

I wonder if NU was supposed to babysit the girls and that is how she knew SW didn't make the appointment? I never took my kids to appointments where they did ultrasounds because at this stage of pregnancy they were internal ultrasounds.

The 5 week vacation isn't suspicious to me, when we lived in CO and would visit my family in WA it would be for a month at a time with my husband left home alone because traveling with small kids was stressful and I always had so many people to see.

IMO, CW got a taste of the single life and spent more time with AP and had mentally started checking out of his life with SW and his kids. The beginning of summer and the end of summer is always the most stressful to me because in the summer it is brighter and harder to get the kids to sleep. At the end of summer its tough to wind down and get the kids back on a schedule. I wonder if between mentally checking out, and the stress of being a "single dad" (ie solo parenting that weekend), and getting the kids back on school routines if one of the kids would have frustrated him, if he may have lashed out and killed them.

My dad was an attorney and said many of his murder cases of parents killing their children happened at bedtime, potty training, and supper time. Times where parents are tired and frustrated, and kids are also tired and frustrated and being willful. What if he lashed out and killed one of the girls and panicked deciding he needed just to finish the job and kill SW when she got home.

People ask why he didn't kill himself? Maybe he was planning on it, but had some loose ends to tie up, like saying goodbye to AP, but NU involved LE too quickly. OR maybe he thought he was getting away with it and could possibly give it some time and then start a new life with AP.

I think finances will play a big part of this. Looking at the similar homes in the area, I cannot believe they purchased a home so large for their family on their 90k combined income at the time. I heard on HLN when they left their last home, they didn't hardly take any of their furniture with them, so they had a brand new house, AND 5 bedrooms worth of house to furnish. Even if she was making as much as she was, that would be a large mortgage, large utility bills, and large credit cards bills. They already had filed bankruptcy, so isn't there a waiting time before they can file again? It sounds like they were in the same hot water as they were before with living beyond their means.

This is all just speculation of course.

Here is one source, but be warned I know nothing about storage of crude oil...Information for Storage Tank Manufacturers – Fuel Oil Information | Processheaters

The table shows that crude oil in storage should be kept at 40C (104F) minumum. And 50C (122F) "handling" which could mean that it has to be hotter to move more efficiently?

There are probably various kinds of crude, I really don't know, but that range of temperatures from 104F to 122F should be very favorable to decomposition (IMO!!!)
I don't think they were that hot. He would have potentially had burns. These were tanks not being used.

What's interesting is that in Colorado they have the option of charging him with first degree AND lesser includeds line second degree and voluntary manslaughter.

(In Colorado second degree is without deliberation but knowingly. Which includes heat of passion cases . Voluntary manslaughter there is more accidental killings. "Reckless".)

But the DA did not charge any lesser includeds.

That tells me that indeed, they feel very confident.

I take comfort in the fact that this DA is handling the case. He is a steely-eyed, no nonsense, determined, decisive and logical person. On multiple occasions news reporters tried to bait him into displaying some sort of emotion over this case that involves the murder of little girls. He refused to take the bait, even as the family stood by. He said he would work the case the same as any other.

He didn't flinch when Shanann's dad broke down sobbing right behind him in court.

This is someone who is able to assess a case, IMO, on the facts and the law. Not on emotion or politics.
Love reading your posts!

It works by CW choking SW while she emotionally pleads for the life growing inside her and he "really quickly" ends the conversation.

Moo
Oh, I agree. But it's another example of him contradicting himself from the start. I think he was going to say they had an emotional conversation and he thinks he left her, but then he got caught and came up with the "I only saw her real quick" cover story. Oops.

Everything was falling apart right in front his eyes while he was giving that interview.

I’ve seen no evidence that he killed the girls.
True! But we've also seen no evidence that he didn't. And also no evidence that we cannot trust the word of her friend...not that it matters because she is not accused of murder or anything else for that matter. I'm looking at both sides of this right now, as I usually play devil's advocate, but he has more against him at this point. Hopefully evidence that we have not yet seen will verify what really happened.

I don't think they were that hot. He would have potentially had burns. These were tanks not being used.
They weren't being used to store the crude? In the article it mentions that there is a minimum temp for storage to maintain the quality of the product, something like that. And 212F is boiling temp for h20, so 104 is not hot at all, body temp is 98.6 I think, so slightly above body temp. So, if that company maintained the standards in the article I posted, (?) then the range of temps in the crude oil tank would be extremely condusive (IMO) to decomposition of a human body. But not at a burning level for live humans. (IMO)

Last edited:
Legal question please .
So does the defense motion to redact inadmissible evidence on arrest warrant mean that is the items blocked out or no?
*attached file from this site

Colorado Judicial Branch

Attachments

• 09AF7D70-83CA-4217-AC53-003AD3041EDF.png
    09AF7D70-83CA-4217-AC53-003AD3041EDF.png
    224.1 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online