Identified! TX - Williamson Co., 'Orange Socks' WhtFem 33UFTX, 15-30, off I-35, Oct'79 - Debra Jackson

IMO I Think we are going to find shes more on the upper range of age , every Article I read says Woman ...not girl Ive noticed all the local papers refer to the Walker County Jane doe as " Girl" just throwing that out there !

View attachment 129207

Marla Jean Thomas – The Charley Project
She was just added to Charley project in November. There are a few things off but I couldn't help but see the resemblance to the NCMEC recon.

Reasons why it couldn't be her:
-Height is off
- LKA was 1974
- eye color is listed as blue

Reasons why I think it might be her:
-the teeth in the PM photo look just like hers
-closets MP I've seen to the UID NCMEC recon
- few details are available on her case which means the above descriptors could be wrong (such as height, LKA,)
-she would have been 27 in 1979 which fits in the age range
-the length of time between her LKA and this UID being found could account for the bushy eyebrows and missing teeth.

What are your thoughts?

my only thought on the above is to point out bushey eyebrows were totally in in the late 70 S a Brooke Sheilds influence , so to me that goes with the good teeth and nail polish side :)

I'm not sure, my phone won't let me view namus. Mutter grumble

Is she in NamUs? If so I'd say no unless she's one of the few without DNA

She is i NAMUS believe she came on line within the last couple of days .... wether she has DNA is questionable ... since NAMUS does not show identifiers any more :(
I see Thunder Bay in her notes thou believe thats been a place of disappearances possibly SK related ...

Missing Person Case

Original.jpg

Margaret Press of DDP said today that "Orange socks has fingernails at the lab now. We'll see what they can manage to extract."

If all goes well she will be an upcoming case for them!

I follow their page on FB, but I'm not seeing updates like this.

Some new official confirmation today: she's still tentative, pending extraction, but she was listed with a ton of other Does who are tentative cases. They WILL be cases if their DNA is sufficient. DNA Doe Project

Margaret Press says she needs to verify but believes Orange Socks is one of the Does currently headed to sequencing (along with John Clinton Doe and Butler County Doe)! Her extraction was apparently successful unlike her other Williamson County Does.

Sadly according to Margaret Press Orange Socks didn't pass quality control and will need another extraction attempt.

That was based on DNA extracted from her (stored?) fingernails though, wasn't it? Nails aren't the best source of DNA compared to bone or teeth. If a second attempt on the nails doesn't work, do they know where she's buried and if exhumation is a possibility?

They know where she's buried. Just double checked findagrave. Really hope next shot goes better. Perhaps they had the nails stored and wanted to try that first before digging...even though nails is not the best source for dna especially after 40 years

They know where she's buried. Just double checked findagrave. Really hope next shot goes better. Perhaps they had the nails stored and wanted to try that first before digging...even though nails is not the best source for dna especially after 40 years

Thanks, that's really helpful. I agree that trying the nails first, especially if they were already in storage, is the obvious first step. It's a relief they know where she is buried since such records seem to get lost in so many cases.

Those that shop on Amazon; you can select DNA Doe Project as a charity to donate your shopping trip proceeds to, you just have to shop thru the Amazon Smiles website. I believe they're going to post about it. I told Colleen 3 months ago about it so they've missed 3 months of donations. With holiday shopping starting, I'm hoping it can make a difference to a few Doe cases!

Those that shop on Amazon; you can select DNA Doe Project as a charity to donate your shopping trip proceeds to, you just have to shop thru the Amazon Smiles website. I believe they're going to post about it. I told Colleen 3 months ago about it so they've missed 3 months of donations. With holiday shopping starting, I'm hoping it can make a difference to a few Doe cases!

Great idea! I'll be doing a lot of holiday shopping through Amazon and I'm going to do this for sure. Have you post this on every thread that DDP is being discussed? I'm happy to help with getting the word out too. I want them to have enough money to take on every case they possibly can.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back