Australia Australia - Jayden Penno-Tompsett, 22, Charter Towers, Qld, 31 Dec 2017

r0_0_620_348_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Hope. That’s what Brendan Tompsett is holding onto.

It’s been six months since his son Jayden Penno-Tompsett vanished in rural North Queensland on his way from Newcastle to a New Year’s Eve party in Cairns with his mates.

There’s been no sign of the 22-year-old since he was last seen near Charters Towers, about 130km inland from Townsville.

No bank transactions, no contact with friends – nothing.

“There’s been nothing really found so we’re just relying on anybody with information [to come forward],” Brendan Tompsett told the Newcastle Herald on the eve of the six month anniversary.

Jayden Penno-Tompsett still missing six months after disappearing

Category: | The Courier Mail

Mr Tattersall revealed that on the long drive both men were using hard drugs that contributed to an argument spiralling out of control.

He said Mr Penno-Tompsett had lost the drugs and was deeply concerned because they had been purchased on credit.

“He started freaking out badly about what these people would do to him if he wasn’t to pay the money,” Mr Tattersall said. “To be honest I hadn’t seen someone as worried as he was.”

Mr Penno-Tompsett stopped the car and got out “trying to arc up” at Mr Tattersall over the lost drugs, he claimed.

“He was constantly threatening me. I continued trying to calm the situation so we could work it out, then he started walking away from the car,” Mr Tattersall said.

Mr Penno-Tompsett, who Mr Tattersall claimed was by this stage hallucinating after being awake for four days, was never seen again.

:eek::mad:
Sounds like a whole lot of victim blaming and painting himself in a positive light to me :rolleyes:

Wow. How close is this to where Jayden went missing?

As the skeletal bones were found at a property in Hervey Range, could be Jayden, I think. There are a couple of routes to get to Townsville (then Cairns) from Charters Towers. One of the routes would pass right through Hervey Range.

And they may have been staying off the main highway, which is the most direct way, if foul play was involved.

2eoz7lf.jpg

257qblz.jpg

Human remains found near Townsville

Last edited:
There are 3 main persons missing Julie Hutchinson- whose husband admitted burying her at Hervey range, Mick Isles who sinply appeared to vanish from Ayr and Jayden. These remains were not buried and from the looks of it not to far from the road.

But google map Charters towers to Hervey Range and click walk.
I don’t think Jayden walked BTW. But there may be tracks through here on people’s properties all the way though. This is just throwing out ideas.

Sorry to double post but I had thought this was most likely Julie but the way this person was left close to the road and only just out of slashing area has me thinking. They were seen by someone due to fire going through the area. The army own lots of land up there and would have searched with police when she went missing in 2015. I’m actually more worried today for Jayden.
Whoever this is - it’s shocking.

This article says that one family has already been told that the bones do not belong to their missing loved one. I cant access the full article to see which family it is. Perhaps they have identified the gender of the remains and so they have been able to exclude someone.

"THE identity of human remains discovered west of Townsville could be revealed today as one family says they have already been told the bones don’t belong to their missing loved one."
Subscribe to the Townsville Bulletin

Oh .... seems that it likely is not Jayden.

The father of missing Newcastle man Jayden Penno-Tompsett said he feared the remains found on Saturday by the side of Herveys Range Road belonged to his son when he first heard of the discovery.

“It’s not Jayden as far as I know,” Brandan Tompsett said.

“(The police) rang me to let me know it wasn’t him.

“Obviously they can’t give too much information as far as I know at this stage but that’s a good thing for our family and it’s sad for somebody else.”

No Cookies | Gold Coast Bulletin

"The father of missing Newcastle man Jayden Penno-Tompsett said he feared the remains found on Saturday by the side of Herveys Range Road belonged to his son when he first heard of the discovery.

“It’s not Jayden as far as I know,” Brandan Tompsett said.

“(The police) rang me to let me know it wasn’t him"

Thinking that the remains may belong to a female ....

Acting Superintendent Geoff Marsh said identification of the skeletal remains could be completed in 24-48 hours through dental records but warned if that process was not successful investigators would have to turn to DNA analysis, which could take several weeks.

Supt Marsh said police would continue to remain in contact with families of “persons of interest” — this is understood to include the relatives of slain Condon mother Julie Hutchinson.

I am waiting for an arrest in this case but they appear to need "a body". With all of these types of cases the last "known" person who was with the victim is not usually far away from the truth. The CCTV shows us who Jayden was with last and what happened after the CCTV, well I think the last known person with Jayden has the answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back