CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally disagree.
In any case, that scenario didn't work for him. He is in jail.

IMO by the time he walks downstairs they are all already dead or maimed. He says he went down stairs for a time and when he went back up she was killing her kids. Oh but he went in to look at the baby monitor first, etc etc

That, and I found it so weird that he didn’t put all three in an oil tank, while he was at it. I mean, he was already being a sicko, why not finish? I wonder if maybe he noticed someone on the property and had to just get out of there, fast? Because honestly those oil tanks were a super good hiding place. Had he been a better liar and took some additional precautions, this would have been a really tough case to solve.

The whole thing is very weird. How drastic his actions, and how fast his confession, and how sloppy the deed. It’s like he just totally and completely cracked up.
I think it was getting too light. And she was too heavy. Someone who lives in that area could tell us when it got light that day, he left at 5:30, it was some 40 miles IIRC, but then the GPS probably tells the tale, too.

I really don't think he looks like he was holding back tears. SW's brother was trying not to cry, CW just looked nervous and angry. I can't wait until we get to see the confession (assuming it was taped). I doubt he even cried then. Just my guess.
I recall a statement during the search by NAU that CW told her he felt like crying and her response was "why aren't you."

I don't see any evidence that she would have killed the children.

The 'motive' that CW gives, for her doing so, seems very unlikely. He says that he tells her at 4 am or so, that he wants a separation. And so she immediately goes to the girl's room and brutally strangles each one.

But SW had just taken her girls on a 6 week vacation, WITHOUT CW. And they had a wonderful time. SW has a very close supportive family, lots of close friends and team members, her own source of income, and was totally invested in her babies.

And if they separated, she was not going to 'lose' the kids. She had a fairly good chance of moving back to NC and having them much of the time with her and her family back home.

I see no reason that she would instantly resort to brutal violence, against her two precious baby girls, whom she doted on and lived for. It doesn't ring true for me at all.

SW was not the one that wanted to 'be free' from the responsibility of children and family life. That was all CW, IMO.
Exactly!!!!

So just a couple of things as i have read through:

1. There are people that strongly believe SW strangled her children as stated by CW. (I do not believe this but will keep an open mind until we have all the facts.) having said that- if it did occur as CW stated- his wife strangling the girls- would the FP not be able to tell who actually did it- by measurements of the marks on the neck? Assuming the oil didn’t ruin the skin and marks?

2. I think the police’s first tip off was when he wouldnt give them the code to go in and made them wait on him. I mean it is possible for the keypad not to work. Our batteries have went out and we kept forgetting to put batteries in them but i don’t think this was the case here.

Bith just my opinions

Does anyone else find it strange NU May have had a key to the house?

That, and I found it so weird that he didn’t put all three in an oil tank, while he was at it. I mean, he was already being a sicko, why not finish? I wonder if maybe he noticed someone on the property and had to just get out of there, fast? Because honestly those oil tanks were a super good hiding place. Had he been a better liar and took some additional precautions, this would have been a really tough case to solve.

The whole thing is very weird. How drastic his actions, and how fast his confession, and how sloppy the deed. It’s like he just totally and completely cracked up.

He sure did the minimum to conceal what he had done. I just don't see why he did not have at least a little time to get rid of her stuff in the house and build up an exit strategy. I know it seems he planned to do that later... but why? Why not sooner than later. Did everything happen from 4-5am when he had to go to work? Or did he just sit there thinking/not thinking?

He sure did the minimum to conceal what he had done. I just don't see why he did not have at least a little time to get rid of her stuff in the house and build up an exit strategy. I know it seems he planned to do that later... but why? Why not sooner than later. Did everything happen from 4-5am when he had to go to work? Or did he just sit there thinking/not thinking?
As mentioned on the thread, it's possible her delayed flight shortened the amount of time he had. And I do think he planned to stage her disappearance later that day, but couldn't because of her friend calling the alarm.

I think he had to show up for work that day like a normal day as an alibi. So, he did what he could in the time that he had, with plans to clean up later. speculation.

jmopinion

Does anyone else find it strange NU May have had a key to the house?

Not really. My neighbor is a very close friend and has a key to my house. Just in case anything happened etc. it took several years of building up trust before we both exchanged keys. I have a key to hers as well. I watch her dogs etc if she goes to see family

Yeah that texting he did after she was dead helped nail his coffin, IMO. He should have either completed the “job” making it look more fully like a disappearance, or he should have figured out a more believable story to match what he did. It’s like he was throwing in a little of this, and a little of that, and hoping somehow he avoided the whole mess. So weird. I mean, not that I wanted him to be a more talented psycho....it’s good he got nailed so fast...but still. SO weird. It’s like psycho, but not all the way psycho. And it’s like mental illness, but not all the way mental illness. It’s more like really, incredibly, inconceivably stupid.

He spent Monday night in the family home with all of the lights on, then Tuesday night at the Thayer's.

".....He's in the jailhouse now."

My thoughts on him turning on all the Lights the first night. I think he was cleaning up and going from room to room and doing some things but he did not want people outside knowing which room he was on so he just turned all the lights on all night.

As mentioned on the thread, it's possible her delayed flight shortened the amount of time he had. And I do think he planned to stage her disappearance later that day, but couldn't because of her friend calling the alarm.

I think he had to show up for work that day like a normal day as an alibi. So, he did what he could in the time that he had, with plans to clean up later. speculation.

jmopinion

I agree 100%. I don't think it was in his "plans" for her friend to appear at his door. IF my spouse and children were missing, work would be the least of my worries. And instead of accepting interview after interview -I would be out physically SEARCHING for my family. Nothing he did makes sense. He isn't a good liar, and IMO he is going to have a HARD time getting a jury to believe ALL of his lies.

Im sure someone will step up and say he was trying to defend SW. But in reality, if he cared at all -he wouldn't have been cheating on her in the first stinkin place.
And I was thinking of this theory today. MAYBE the idea of protecting someone's reputation after death works, but I don't think it does in this case.

Maybe if the couple had been married for 50+ years and the husband truly and deeply loved his wife more than anything else on earth. He might want to protect her reputation out of tenderness or to protect their children's memory of their mother. Doesn't fit with this case.

Maybe if the wife had made huge accomplishments in life and the husband didn't want to tarnish them. But, honestly, SW was an ordinary person. She was loved, she was driven, she was admired, but none of that is an image you need to go to such extreme measures to protect after she died.

Maybe you'd protect the wife if she were standing trial for the children's murders. Maybe a husband would sacrifice himself for her sake and cover up her crime. But he didn't do that - he killed her.

I just don't see the motivation in this case to protect a woman after her death. And he didn't protect her - he killed her and buried her and pretended he didn't know where she was.

jmopinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members