TX - *LOCATED* Barefoot woman seen on surveillance video, Montgomery County, 24 Aug 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doorbells are typically mounted 40-44” off the ground so that people from all heights can access them.

I made some basic calculations, using several assumptions.

1) An elbow is aligned with a bellybutton.
2) If a body is divided into 3 parts, then 2/3 of a body (from ground) is at bellybutton, leaving 1/3 of the height from the belly button to the top of head.

3)I mentioned in an earlier post that there appears to be zero steps up to the porch. So, if this is true, the ground is level with the porch floor and the base of the column.

4. I used tracing paper to trace the image from my phone screen onto paper. Using her elbow to find her 2/3 point, I marked this point on my tracing paper. I used the still shot of her walking up to the porch with her left hand touching the column and drew line from elbow to her body.

5. I tried looking up the type of stone on the columns, to gain an estimate of the stone heights, but the variation is too broad for me to accurately gauge. Particularly, because I haven’t any background in building materials. I am sure someone more knowledgeable could do it.

6) I also traced the still shot of her ringing the doorbell from my phone screen to see where her elbow was in relation to her shoulder
Summary:
If we can find out the exact height the doorbell is mounted then we can get a decent estimate of her height. Here’s the breakdown of numbers

(A) Her height ranges: 5’3” to 5’4.5” if doorbell is mounted at 44” and elbow positioning 1-2” below hand
[Elbow/bellybutton = 2/3 height]
If elbow at 43” her height is 5’4.5”
If elbow 2” lower at 42” then her height is 5’3”

B)If doorbell mounted at 42” and elbow 1” below hand,then, her height is 5’1.5”
elbow 2” below hand, then, her height is 5’0”

C) If doorbell mounted at 41” and elbow 1” below hand:
then, her height is 5’0”
Elbow 2” below hand:
then, her height is 4’10.5”

D)If doorbell mounted at 40” and elbow 1” below hand:
then, her height is 4’9” (NOT LIKELY SO I’LL STOP HERE)

If the doorbell mounted anywhere from 44” to 41” from the ground then her height is estimated at 5’4.5” to 4’10.5”

Summary: If we can find the exact height of the doorbell, then we can better narrow down her height range

If I am missing something or anyone sees an error, please correct this

Wow! Great work! This should be helpful; thank you so much for sharing your sleuthing!

Doorbells are typically mounted 40-44” off the ground so that people from all heights can access them.

2) If a body is divided into 3 parts, then 2/3 of a body (from ground) is at bellybutton, leaving 1/3 of the height from the belly button to the top of head.

3)I mentioned in an earlier post that there appears to be zero steps up to the porch. So, if this is true, the ground is level with the porch floor and the base of the column.

4. I used tracing paper to trace the image from my phone screen onto paper. Using her elbow to find her 2/3 point, I marked this point on my tracing paper. I used the still shot of her walking up to the porch with her left hand touching the column and drew line from elbow to her body.

5. I tried looking up the type of stone on the columns, to gain an estimate of the stone heights, but the variation is too broad for me to accurately gauge. Particularly, because I haven’t any background in building materials. I am sure someone more knowledgeable could do it.

6) I also traced the still shot of her ringing the doorbell from my phone screen to see where her elbow was in relation to her shoulder
Summary:
If we can find out the exact height the doorbell is mounted then we can get a decent estimate of her height. Here’s the breakdown of numbers

(A) Her height ranges: 5’3” to 5’4.5” if doorbell is mounted at 44” and elbow positioning 1-2” below hand

then, her height is 5’0”
Elbow 2” below hand:

If the doorbell mounted anywhere from 44” to 41” from the ground then her height is estimated at 5’4.5” to 4’10.5”

Summary: If we can find the exact height of the doorbell, then we can better narrow down her height range

WOW!! I would have never known how to figure that out. Great job ellieuma. Now this could be MANY women that have went missing recently or in the future, in addition to women missing out of Texas or any other state for that matter. I was thinking this woman could really be ANYONE. There are SO MANY women missing that fits that description. Sad but true.

I totally bow to you on this one because I know you took one for the Team to educate yourself about various restraints. I look to you as the resident expert on restraints in this case. :cool::)

Thanks aurora101. I have been researching this for 2-3 days now. I know people on Facebook kept saying she is pregnant. I ran that video over and over and it looks like she has something attached to her belly. Then when I heard someone mention belly restraints (which I didn't even know existed) I started searching online and realized that's what I think I am seeing attached to her belly. Now it IS possible she is also pregnant OR just had a baby and that's why her belly is a little large, but I STILL think she DOES have restraints too. Not sure on her being pregnant (I know I originally said she wasn't pregnant). I just KNOW she has to have restraints too. JMO

Summary:

then, her height is 5’0”
Elbow 2” below hand:

Wish we had more information. I know people on Facebook was trying to get residents that lived near there to try to find out how tall the columns (the ones in the front where the woman is standing and ringing the doorbell) and all are on the houses (since they all looked the same--all the houses are similar and it looks like all the columns are the same height and all) or find someone that actually lives in that neighborhood and they could tell them how high THEIR columns on their porch is (measure the height). If they could do that and post it someone could maybe get an estimate of how tall this girl is. But no one has actually offered to do it yet.

So many possibilities! Ultimately, I’m praying this woman is somewhere safe right now. Hopefully, the other neighbors had cameras facing the street. LE could possibly be piecing it all together by analyzing the video footage. Waiting for an update...

Here are a few screenshots where you might be able to see another person with her. Watch the video first and then compare the still shots to see it as clearly as possible. I honestly can't tell if there is someone next to her, but if I look at it long enough...maybe? Or maybe my eyes are tricking me.

That’s her

Upthread a few pages someone mentioned a site that can't be linked here. The comment that pops out at me is that the homeowner posted the video to a website. Does anyone know if the video was posted to the website before calling police?

Did anyone in the neighborhood actually call 911 that night?

If you had a scary doorbell ring in the middle of the night and then the video showed a young woman in restraints on your doorstep, would you post that video online? I can see LE posting it, but I would leave it up to them to do so.

My hinky meter is still clicking, folks.

jmopinion at the moment.

Upthread a few pages someone mentioned a site that can't be linked here. The comment that pops out at me is that the homeowner posted the video to a website. Does anyone know if the video was posted to the website before calling police?

Did anyone in the neighborhood actually call 911 that night?

If you had a scary doorbell ring in the middle of the night and then the video showed a young woman in restraints on your doorstep, would you post that video online? I can see LE posting it, but I would leave it up to them to do so.

My hinky meter is still clicking, folks.

jmopinion at the moment.

Hoping they just had permission from LE to do that and went with it to get more exposure? ... I'm in a hopeful mood I think.

Did these quick on my phone.

Thanks mrsu. Great idea doing a “negative” of the still shot.
For those following along this quick paced thread, it’s post #551.
From that view it looks like she IS wearing shorts under the T-shirt. For some reason that makes me feel a little better about this whole thing.
Here’s a screenshot of mrsu’s ‘negative’ edit of the still shot.
upload_2018-8-29_6-51-16.png

Last edited:
"Numerous citizens in the state and outside have sent missing persons flyers suggesting the women in the video is a missing person from their area. Deputies and Detectives are reviewing these flyers for any similarities, but as of now none are believed to be the women in the video. There are no missing person’s reports from the area that match this individual. Deputies have canvased the area, completed a door to door check and interviews of residences as well as businesses in the area. Deputies are also reviewing video surveillance from surrounding residence and businesses."

She doesn't look like she was in any distress. She was walking calmly at a normal pace. She looks slightly confused. Maybe under the influence of alcohol or drugs? My guess, she was at the wrong house. I'm not really sure why LE is this interested. Unless they have some more information.

Really, I am signed up for my area's Nextdoor, but anytime I try to sign up for a place (like Sunrise Ranch) to get a neighborhood view of a crime, it makes me enter an address that would be in that area, which I do. Then it says I can't have another account in a different area. Maybe I need to use a different email address? I just want temp access for these types of incidents, afterward I would delete it.

It won’t let you do that either you have to confirm your identity via CC or they will send you a new pin to your address.

Summary:

then, her height is 5’0”
Elbow 2” below hand:

There was a man that commented on one of the main FB post saying he was a brick layer and knows the inches of those pillars and she appeared to be around 5’ feet tall. I don’t know if that is actually true or not. But he gave a really good description. I have the SS I could send you. Since we can’t post them. (still learning the rules and I want to make sure I abide.)

It won’t let you do that either you have to confirm your identity via CC or they will send you a new pin to your address.
I'm not familiar with Nextdoor, but plenty of neighborhoods and communities have public FB pages. You don't have to join to read many of them. My neighborhood has more than one (one is closed, but the others are public).

But keep in mind if you find local FB pages, not all local rumors are accurate!

jmo

She doesn't look like she was in any distress. She was walking calmly at a normal pace. She looks slightly confused. Maybe under the influence of alcohol or drugs? My guess, she was at the wrong house. I'm not really sure why LE is this interested. Unless they have some more information.

From what we have, and only what we have. I guess it's the restraints that leaves us with negative thoughts.
I mean, people are drunk and disorderly all of the time. I know my sister got so drunk once (she doesn't have a problem, she was just a teen at the time :p ) and started trying to get into our neighbors house... heh... she was so apologetic the next day and she has never done anything like that since. But not many people (or any) do it with what appears to be restraints tied to their wrists and then disappear.

I could be completely off. Maybe it's something else that has peaked their attention. I don't know what it is really, but it has peaked mine too.

...But keep in mind if you find local FB pages, not all local rumors are accurate!
jmo

Exactly. Rumour, innuendo, the pushing of personal agendas and wild speculation is not necessary in a thread like this. This situation is already crazy enough. Let's try to stick to facts and solid sleuthing, within the ToS of Websleuths.

Last edited:
This could be some sort of hoax, but I can't imagine someone saying, "Hey, you know what would be fun? I'm going to take off half my clothes, tether myself and run around ringing doorbells in the middle of the night." Of course I'm sure crazier things have happened.

While this IS a creepy video at first glance, we can apply Occam’s Razor to it, and deduce that it is simply a stupid prank that has caused the sort of attention the prankster intended. People DO crazy stupid things all the time for kicks and giggles. Once I got a call in the middle of the night, and the person left a voicemail before I could get to my phone to answer. The message called me by my first name, said she had gone to hs with me, and that she was in heaven now. It creeped me out at first, until I realized she got my name from my voicemail greeting, which I promptly changed afterwards. It was just a stupid prank call to get a rise out of the receiver. The simplest answer IS often the accurate one. I really hope that is the case here.

While this IS a creepy video at first glance, we can apply Occam’s Razor to it, and deduce that it is simply a stupid prank that has caused the sort of attention the prankster intended. People DO crazy stupid things all the time for kicks and giggles. Once I got a call in the middle of the night, and the person left a voicemail before I could get to my phone to answer. The message called me by my first name, said she had gone to hs with me, and that she was in heaven now. It creeped me out at first, until I realized she got my name from my voicemail greeting, which I promptly changed afterwards. It was just a stupid prank call to get a rise out of the receiver. The simplest answer IS often the accurate one. I really hope that is the case here.
I have always like Occam’s Razor theory. Thanks for that reminder.

This could be some sort of hoax, but I can't imagine someone saying, "Hey, you know what would be fun? I'm going to take off half my clothes, tether myself and run around ringing doorbells in the middle of the night." Of course I'm sure crazier things have happened.

I know what you mean. Of course most of us can’t imagine doing most of the things we discuss here. As a member of WS, we get a daily dose of “I can’t imagine....” for sure!

I am disheartened because I can only imagine when you are missing a loved one, how much you want to believe photos or images like this has some resemeblance. So you look for anything. I am not sure I can see a resemblance, but I haven’t looked and analyzed enough.
I was coming to say the same thing.. I see her posting everywhere it's her, and I just don' think so..but you're right when you have a missing loved one and someone is seen on video, you want so bad to believe it's them..it's heartbreaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500