IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to an article he even paid taxes under the name, how does this get past IRS is the person is still alive?

My sister-in-law and myself were trying to figure that out but we have no clue?

She had her identity stolen and she is so careful with everything, they even sent to the state she lives in and got a copy of her drivers license! When she tracked down where the drivers license was sent (to an address in FL.) she called the local police a number of times and they finally went to the address. Their answer was that it was an apartment house and nobody knew anything about it!!!!
She went through hell and almost ended up in the hospital over the whole matter of trying to change and retrieve everything, credit cards you name it. It was scary. She put warning on everything, changed everything and is still scared to this day.

Imo some DNA belonging to him will be found either on Mollie, her clothing or any other items at scene. DNA is fairly hardy stuff and a mere speck can be analyzed these days. From perspiration, saliva, skin as well as semen, something will have been preserved. Jmo

From your mouth to God's ear, hopefully something useable can be recovered from the clothes at least!

No offense meant, please.

Curious how his father knows what he would do if he did the crime.....

“If he had done what they say he did, he would have come back here [to Mexico],” Eduardo Bahena Radilla, his father, said in a telephone interview from Guayabillo, a small town in Mexico. “But he’s innocent, so he didn’t run and hide.”

Plausible deniability?

In that case, I bet the medical examiner will have enough to determine if a sexual assault took place. I’m assuming that info will be released when things like toxicology results come back?

Under Iowa law, no further autopsy results will be released to the public. The family can request a copy of the findings. We'll just have to wait for the trial, if there ever is one. Hey, Stuff happens! And someone tell Occam to put down that razor before he cuts someone.

I really don’t think CR needed a map to figure out where the spot is or how to get there. It’s hard to describe, but on a local level we don’t know these less traveled roads by name. We know how to get there, we just can’t tell you the route without looking at a map.
I agree. I live in an area very similar and also don't always know the roads by name. From 385 and 200, what route do you think makes the most sense for him to have taken? And what if he wasn't familiar with the dirt roads? And what about from the cornfield home? I would love the perspective from a local. :)

My iphone automatically keeps a history of all locations I've visited while carrying my iphone. When CR said he used his phone to retrace his route, I assumed this is what he meant.

For those interested is seeing what your iphone stores do this: Go to: Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Significant Locations.

From there click on each location and a map will pop up. But we don't know if he had an iphone. I don't know if androids do the same.

Your iPhone tracks every place you visit. Here's how to see the map. | Cult of Mac

"Your iPhone knows where you are, and it remembers where you have been. It keeps a record of your frequent hangouts — aka “significant locations” — and uses this data to make location-based suggestions using Siri and to power other features."
I have an Android and don't even know if I can do this. :)

So he could have looked up the date and it would have shown where he'd been and the route he'd traveled? Dang, so that leaves the opening for his "blackout." :(

I don’t really know

The dairy farm said the license and SS check out so it must be a valid person right?

And LE has an obligation to not reveal the alias name on the ID, as that person might well also be a victim. Also, it would make for one hell of a lawsuit on that person's part, if LE thoughtlessly linked him/her to CBR, especially in today's SM driven world. Likely a seccussful tort too!

Imo some DNA belonging to him will be found either on Mollie, her clothing or any other items at scene. DNA is fairly hardy stuff and a mere speck can be analyzed these days. From perspiration, saliva, skin as well as semen, something will have been preserved. Jmo
Agree, bet the DNA evidence is piling up!
Thinking of other types of evidence, would the medical examiner/forensic experts be able to identify whether the ‘assailant’ was left or right handed from the COD wounds? To confirm against CR’s right or left handedness?
And/or maybe approx. height and weight or position when the blunt force trauma occurred?

I don’t know why my posts do not appear under the post I selected to reply to.

Posts always appear in chronological order. The only way to tie your post to the one you're responding to is to quote the previous post.

My sister-in-law and myself were trying to figure that out but we have no clue?

She had her identity stolen and she is so careful with everything, they even sent to the state she lives in and got a copy of her drivers license! When she tracked down where the drivers license was sent (to an address in FL.) she called the local police a number of times and they finally went to the address. Their answer was that it was an apartment house and nobody knew anything about it!!!!
She went through hell and almost ended up in the hospital over the whole matter of trying to change and retrieve everything, credit cards you name it. It was scary. She put warning on everything, changed everything and is still scared to this day.
For many years I worked in the medical field in an area populated with large number of immigrant workers and a large percentage of those were here illegally. They knew how to game the system. They would work under one name-stolen identity-refuse insurance at their work, draw welfare to include housing,food stamps, and medical coverage under another name. The state could do nothing as all they were allowed to check was if the person drawing benefits had income-which of course that identity didn't. Then if it was a pregnant woman the "real name" came out at the time of birth knowing they would not be deported.

I am not stating this to be discriminatory but just to let you know how easy it can be done
That is why I think the Malibu was probably owned by CR but under the name he worked
Not saying all do this but I know those who were new to the area were educated very quickly on how to do it
JMOO

I have an Android and don't even know if I can do this. :)

So he could have looked up the date and it would have shown where he'd been and the route he'd traveled? Dang, so that leaves the opening for his "blackout." :(

Yes, it names the location and the date. Not the route taken though. Say I went to Walmart in another city. It would show Walmart on the map. So if he went near Guernsey, it would show a pin drop of the rural location he visited there. Click on that and a map pops up. We took a trip to Missouri in April and my phone still has a log of locations there.

“I don’t know what’s going on,” his uncle, Eustaquio “Capi” Bahena Radilla, said in an interview Thursday conducted through an interpreter at his trailer home in Brooklyn. “I don’t know what’s happening because honestly, I know he’s a good person.”

Rivera’s father echoed his comment, saying Thursday that he believed that his son was innocent and calling reports of his confession “pure lies.”

“If he had done what they say he did, he would have come back here [to Mexico],” Eduardo Bahena Radilla, his father, said in a telephone interview from Guayabillo, a small town in Mexico. “But he’s innocent, so he didn’t run and hide.”

I don’t know what’s going on,” his uncle, Eustaquio “Capi” Bahena Radilla, said in an interview Thursday conducted through an interpreter at his trailer home in Brooklyn. “I don’t know what’s happening because honestly, I know he’s a good person.”

Rivera’s father echoed his comment, saying Thursday that he believed that his son was innocent and calling reports of his confession “pure lies.”

“He seemed calm,” Bahena said. “I didn’t sense anything was wrong.”

Around his 16th birthday, Rivera left Guayabillo to find work in the United States, his father said.

“There are no jobs here, so he left,” Bahena said, adding that his son crossed the border illegally and was undocumented in the United States.

He settled in Iowa because his uncle was already living there, Bahena said. He found work on a series of milk farms and often sent money back to his parents in Mexico.

Suspect’s relatives say they’re baffled by arrest in Mollie Tibbetts case

They always say that. Almost always. The common thread seems to be "we had no idea, they seemed so normal and nice". How often does a parent go on and say "We knew our son was an evil person".

Under Iowa law, no further autopsy results will be released to the public. The family can request a copy of the findings. We'll just have to wait for the trial, if there ever is one. Hey, Stuff happens! And someone tell Occam to put down that razor before he cuts someone.

I agree. The only way we get any results from the autopsy prior them being revealed in court is if the final results of the autopsy alter the charges, such as evidence of sexual assault or that there was a second perp.

If his father's last name is Radilla, where did Rivera come from? Aren't Spanish last names generally the mother's last name and the father's last name?
Rivera is probably mother's last name. I see his father's name is listed as Bahena Radilla so his name becomes Cristhian (Christhian?) Bahena Rivera. Radilla must be CR's grandmother's last name...do only the male surname gets passed down to subsequent generations?? i feel like this is some kind of logic puzzle question haha.

My iphone automatically keeps a history of all locations I've visited while carrying my iphone. When CR said he used his phone to retrace his route, I assumed this is what he meant.

For those interested is seeing what your iphone stores do this: Go to: Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Significant Locations.

From there click on each location and a map will pop up. But we don't know if he had an iphone. I don't know if androids do the same.

Your iPhone tracks every place you visit. Here's how to see the map. | Cult of Mac

"Your iPhone knows where you are, and it remembers where you have been. It keeps a record of your frequent hangouts — aka “significant locations” — and uses this data to make location-based suggestions using Siri and to power other features."

music please..."Santa Claus is coming to town"

It knows when you are sleeping
It knows when you are good
It can tell if you've been bad or nice
So turn it off before you strike...

22nd century Assassin's Guild glee club song...

NOW EVERYBODY SING ALONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it names the location and the date. Not the route taken though. Say I went to Walmart in another city. It would show Walmart on the map. So if he went near Guernsey, it would show a pin drop of the rural location he visited there. Click on that and a map pops up. We took a trip to Missouri in April and my phone still has a log of locations there.
But the affidavit says he used his phone to determine the route he traveled from Brooklyn. I would imagine LE wanting to know the exact roads traveled since he was transporting her at the time.

But the affidavit says he used his phone to determine the route he traveled from Brooklyn. I would imagine LE wanting to know the exact roads traveled since he was transporting her at the time.

It also says he lead LE to the body from memory

It’s obvious a big chunk of info is missing because it doesn’t make sense to us

They always say that. Almost always. The common thread seems to be "we had no idea, they seemed so normal and nice". How often does a parent go on and say "We knew our son was an evil person".

"I don't know what's going on" is an avoidance maneuver just like "I blocked it out". It's just another way to say, 'I don't want to talk about that right now. Like father, like son...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy