NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #9

Also, I just checked her status in the Texas jail -- still the very same as in my post #468 above -- no change, so I'm thinking she hasn't come to trial there yet. At least she's locked up!

@borndem She was found guilty in Texas this week!

"Hayes was found guilty Tuesday in Texas of tampering with physical evidence, a link to Ackerson's dismemberment."

Serving time for murder in NC, woman found guilty for link to Texas body dump :: WRAL.com

From that article: “Amanda Hayes' Texas conviction is punishable by up to 20 years in prison. Her North Carolina sentence runs through Sept. 2025.”

Oh how I hope she gets an additional 20 years in prison in a Texas! I still believe she was the mastermind.

@borndem She was found guilty in Texas this week!

"Hayes was found guilty Tuesday in Texas of tampering with physical evidence, a link to Ackerson's dismemberment."

Serving time for murder in NC, woman found guilty for link to Texas body dump :: WRAL.com
As some folks in Texas might say, "YEE-HAH!" She has always been so creepy to me. It looks like she will be returned to NC and to serve out the rest of her sentence and then be shipped back to Texas. Lots of years behind bars.

Oh, what good news. Thanks, much, for posting this, Hoosgirl! Somehow I missed seeing it here in Raleigh -- we've been on the road traveling today.
Smiling. :cool:

Last edited:
I just looked at A.G.'s record with the NC Dept of Public Safety -- it still lists the same as it has since she left for Texas, shown below as, "Last Movement Date."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Location: NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION Previous Location: NCCI WOMEN

Last Movement : NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION Last Movement Date: 06/29/2016
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NC DPS Offender Public Information

I'm thinking it should be updated soon -- I've no idea how long it would take the paperwork from a Texas jail/prison to be set up and arrangements made for her transportation. We should see a change pretty soon, seems to me.

Still smiling :)
:D

I just looked at A.G.'s record with the NC Dept of Public Safety -- it still lists the same as it has since she left for Texas, shown below as, "Last Movement Date."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Location: NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION Previous Location: NCCI WOMEN

Last Movement : NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION Last Movement Date: 06/29/2016
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NC DPS Offender Public Information

I'm thinking it should be updated soon -- I've no idea how long it would take the paperwork from a Texas jail/prison to be set up and arrangements made for her transportation. We should see a change pretty soon, seems to me.

Still smiling :)
:D

I thought they’d return her to NC to serve this sentence and then send her to TX to serve the consecutive 20 years. I’m loving that Texas jury/judge!

I thought they’d return her to NC to serve this sentence and then send her to TX to serve the consecutive 20 years. I’m loving that Texas jury/judge!
You're exactly right, Boodles. That's just what is getting ready to happen -- we just don't know how long the paperwork and the travel will take for her to return to NC. IMO I would think it shouldn't take long for us to have her back here in NC -- a week or so, maybe. She'll serve her sentence in NC and then she will be shipped to Texas to do that sentence.
Crime just doesn't pay, does it?! She was mixed up with the wrong guy. At least she is still alive to talk about it.

And it's good to see ya, Boodles! :D

Last edited:
Was just coming here to post this, so glad y'all are on top of it and that people still care about what happened to Laura.

I was in a very similar situation to Laura when I was in my twenties, so this case always sticks with me. I wish she had been given the opportunity she deserved to raise her babies and watch them grow up, and live her own life.

I don't think Grant or Amanda has ever shown any real remorse for Laura's murder, or the impact her loss had on so many other lives.

Was just coming here to post this, so glad y'all are on top of it and that people still care about what happened to Laura.

I was in a very similar situation to Laura when I was in my twenties, so this case always sticks with me. I wish she had been given the opportunity she deserved to raise her babies and watch them grow up, and live her own life.

I don't think Grant or Amanda has ever shown any real remorse for Laura's murder, or the impact her loss had on so many other lives.
Agree. We just lost a good, talented & loving human being when we lost Laura, and her boys will be at such a loss for not having it with them for the years they might have. She is gone; their dad's in prison for life, and their grandparents who had earned those wonderful retirement years are now parents again. And I'll repeat my mantra again -- those boys will be known, in part, for who their father is, as long as they stay in that small town. It's a tuff way to have to grow up. I think their grand parents are loving, but the g-parents have a lot of responsibility they didn't deserve.
-- I think Grant was so enthralled with himself 1) he didn't want anything to get in his way 2) he was sure his grand plan would work because he thought he was smarter than all of them.
-- I think Amanda is just nuts.

Last edited:
Finally! I've waited for this for so long! I wonder how old she will be after she finishes her murder sentence, goes to Texas and does her 20 years there?

One thing is for sure, her baby girl will be well into adulthood without her awful influence.

Finally! I've waited for this for so long! I wonder how old she will be after she finishes her murder sentence, goes to Texas and does her 20 years there?

One thing is for sure, her baby girl will be well into adulthood without her awful influence.
I wonder if Amanda misses her -- I can't recall where the little girl is -- anyone remember? Is she with GH's parents, too?

News | Fort Bend County, TX

A Fort Bend County jury convicted Amanda Perry Hayes of Tampering with Evidence (Human Corpse) on August 21, 2018, before 400th District Court Judge Maggie Jaramillo sentenced her to 20 years in prison. The 46 year-old North Carolina woman was previously convicted of second-degree murder in North Carolina for the death of her husband’s ex-girlfriend.

Huffington Post did a story that sums up what we all watched unfold. There's one part of it that needs fixing - it's the general reference to Laura's remains surfacing in Oyster Creek. As I recall, it was a dedicated team of special divers working with the North Carolina investigators that were determined to find her and did.

Actress Tried To Use Acid And Alligators To Dispose Of Husband's Ex-Wife | HuffPost

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!
Back