MO MO - Sebastian Husted, 18, Mercer County, 22 Jan 2018

Family members continue searching for teen missing since January
Since his disappearance, family members have traveled to Mercer County and the surrounding area multiple times trying to get as much word out about Ty Husted as possible. Family members say this includes putting up fliers, postings on Facebook, and selling t-shirts to help raise money for a reward goal of $1000 through a Go Fund Me page.

Sadly Ty’s uncle is missing now after posting pictures on Facebook saying “my last view”. And his dog was found running loose dragging his leash. This family has had a rough time.

Curious, where did you hear about this? I see it had to be super recent and probably hasn't had time for people to hear about it.
I was thinking that Pancake Day coming up could get the word out more and lead to someone coming forward with info. I don't know the family personally but do you know if they have anything planned? I know there's a search coming up but with so little coverage Pancake Day could be a good way to get help with more after.

Sadly Ty’s uncle is missing now after posting pictures on Facebook saying “my last view”. And his dog was found running loose dragging his leash. This family has had a rough time.

That is rather frightening, to be honest. I wonder, was the uncle trying to search for him and got a wee bit too close to finding Ty or finding out who did it? I find it odd that a second family member is now missing. Prayers for their family.

They just had Ty's case on the local news. Late, but finally something. They interviewed the Centerville police chief who said foul play is a definite possibility. The news station also contacted the Mercer County police who agreed that foul play is a possibility... but still nothing has been found hinting at what may have happened.

Ty's uncle was found safe by the way!

Centerville man now missing for one year
Tuesday, Jan. 22 marked the one year anniversary of the day that Ty went missing after going to work in Lineville, Missouri. Now his family is working with Mollie’s Movement: Finding Others to keep his story in the public eye.

Mollie’s Movement was created when Mollie Tibbetts from Brooklyn, Iowa disappeared last year. The volunteers who worked to help bring her home wanted to continue helping other families looking for missing persons. With the blessing of Mollie’s family, they have begun to branch out and one of the first cases they chose to work on was Ty’s.

“They’ve been great,” said Iesha Husted, Ty’s sister. “The lady who runs it and the people that work for her are super nice and you can tell that they care about what they’re doing.”

Ty’s case was selected for help by Mollie’s Movement after his family submitted information online. The group had asked for missing persons cases with connections to Iowa to be submitted through their Facebook page.

“They provided us with 1,000 missing posters,” said Husted. “They’re selling T-shirts and buttons and signs and they’ll help with getting Ty and the other people they selected on the back of semi trucks and just advertising on their Facebook page.”

He worked for Des Moines Mobile Wash, Inc. and both men had a job power washing a barn out near Lineville, about 40 miles away. He made it to work that day (Jan 22nd), but didn’t seem to make it home. His co-worker said he just walked away from the barn, which the family disputes especially since it was in freezing cold temperatures.

Gone without a trace: Iowa teen still missing 9 months later

Oddly, the co-worker went missing around that same time. His family was actively looking for him Jan 23, 24. They found the work truck and the co-worker eventually showed up claiming his innocence and no knowledge as to where Ty went.

FEB 7, 2019
Centerville sister will search for Husted 'until I'm 99 if I have to'
He was last seen working as a contractor on a private hog farm south of Linville, Iowa in Mercer County, Missouri.

“They had searched the area behind the barn, they searched in the barn,” said Husted’s stepfather, Danny Scott. “I talked to the farm manager and they held off putting any hogs in until they got the pit pumped and then the sheriff said they did pump the pit and had the Hazmat team in there.”

Eight months later, Husted’s whereabouts remain a mystery. And now his family fears for his life.

"I don't think he's ok,” said Husted’s sister, Iesha Husted. “I think either he's gone or something bad is happening to him as we speak, but I want to keep the faith that he's alive somewhere."

Carol Rouse was six months pregnant with Husted's son when he disappeared.

"I actually let him feel Kendrick kick, so he at least got to feel that part before he went missing," Rouse said.

Husted's family hasn't given up on him. Iesha Husted tells KTVO she will keep looking for her brother until she finds him.

"I love him,” she said. “He's my little brother. I'll search until I’m 99 if I have to."

FEB 18, 2019
Search for missing Centerville, Iowa man in Mercer County yields no results
27752357_2167557716594965_4842633673903237263_n.jpg

Missouri Region H Hazmat based out of Saint Joseph assisted law enforcement in a confined space search in Mercer County Thursday to look for a missing Centerville, Iowa man.

Mercer County Sheriff Stephen Stockman reports an area near a hog barn was drained Wednesday in preparation for Thursday’s search for Sebastian Husted, who has been missing for about a month. Stockman says Husted was not found.

FEB 18, 2019
Search for missing Centerville, Iowa man in Mercer County yields no results
27752357_2167557716594965_4842633673903237263_n.jpg

Missouri Region H Hazmat based out of Saint Joseph assisted law enforcement in a confined space search in Mercer County Thursday to look for a missing Centerville, Iowa man.

Mercer County Sheriff Stephen Stockman reports an area near a hog barn was drained Wednesday in preparation for Thursday’s search for Sebastian Husted, who has been missing for about a month. Stockman says Husted was not found.

BBM.

Thanks Pommy, just FYI the article is from last year-- Feb 2018. I had not seen it, however nor that photo. I did a double take when it said Sebastian had only been missing a month. He's actually been missing for an entire year plus over 1 month now. :(

BBM.

Thanks Pommy, just FYI the article is from last year-- Feb 2018. I had not seen it, however nor that photo. I did a double take when it said Sebastian had only been missing a month. He's actually been missing for an entire year plus over 1 month now. :(
Oh shoot, too late to edit of course... Thanks for pointing that out.
MOO

I think there will not be an answer until the family hires their own private investigator like the family of
Zackary Marr did. That investigator started digging and found video recordings of what happened, but at least it led to the discovery of his body and they had answers as to his tragic accident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back