UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am back to the theory also that he walked home like he said he was going to and has fallen foul to an accident. And like Sark says one day his body will be stumbled across sadly, like this guy that went missing in Kos.

N and SP are going to have to agree to disagree, personally I find that SP are using a lazy cop out by sticking by the bin theory but really what else do they have?

Corrie walks home inhebriated likely via a quiet route in the early hours of the morning where no one is around and he’s had an accident, slipped or tripped or something. Fallen into water. Or fallen and banged his head and the elements have finished the job.

So sad, but yeah one day, like a lot of missing person cases, someone will stumble upon his body.

I am back to the theory also that he walked home like he said he was going to and has fallen foul to an accident. And like Sark says one day his body will be stumbled across sadly, like this guy that went missing in Kos.

N and SP are going to have to agree to disagree, personally I find that SP are using a lazy cop out by sticking by the bin theory but really what else do they have?

Corrie walks home inhebriated likely via a quiet route in the early hours of the morning where no one is around and he’s had an accident, slipped or tripped or something. Fallen into water. Or fallen and banged his head and the elements have finished the job.

So sad, but yeah one day, like a lot of missing person cases, someone will stumble upon his body.
O

If this is feasible I wonder why the area was not searched by sulsar

I wonder if the Biffa bin could have obstructed him from the view of the camera? Depending where exactly it parked? If the bin man says Corrie was stood there when he arrived and no one was in the area as he was leaving I can only assume this is when he left. He could have been killing time and stood in the HS were it was quiet and when the bin lorry he turned up he thought he better move on as it probably looked a bit dodgy him just standing there.

So why have we had so many red herrings thrown in our path along the way? Who is at fault for all the misinformation and chaos? The police? The media? Social media? The family? All of the above?

Either he could have got out of the horseshoe or he could not.
Either the bin weighed 80kg more than normal or it did not.

Not rocket science, is it. It's pissing me off to be honest.[/QUOTE]

If corries mum had been a teacher or an office manager I don't think there would have been so many red herrings, most of the chaos has come from the social media postings and members of the group solving the 'crime' from cctv stills and nicknaming 'suspects' NU has had inside knowledge and contacts that others maybe wouldn't have but ultimately is a mother desperate to find her son

I think Occam's Razor would suggest that Corrie lies in a hedgerow or pond, somewhere between town and home. Like most here I was of the same opinion up until the insistence on the 100kg+ bin weight. So why have we had so many red herrings thrown in our path along the way? Who is at fault for all the misinformation and chaos? The police? The media? Social media? The family? All of the above?

Not rocket science, is it. It's pissing me off to be honest.

You & me both! I get she’s distraught, I would be too, but come on - many of us said from the start that it’s possible to leave the horseshoe unnoticed, despite what a family member “proved”.

There’s been far too much misdirection in this case. It’s bordering on ludicrous. I don’t know why it still fascinates me, because it irritates me in equal measures. Possibly gonna self-impose a TO (yet again) for my sanity!

I think Occam's Razor would suggest that Corrie lies in a hedgerow or pond, somewhere between town and home.

This simply takes us right back to the first few days of the investigation when the police did work on the assumption that he had tried to walk home and come to grief. It was discussed here in exhaustive depth and at the time I spent a lot of time poring over Google maps, satellite and so on, including following likely routes home at road level.

The problem with the idea that he is somewhere out there waiting to be found is that there are no substantial bodies of water other than Ampton Water which was searched by divers at the time, and more than once. There are the ponds at West Stow but they are a nature reserve and visited by thousands of people as well as being managed by wardens. I doubt very much that he could have been in there all this time without being found and besides they're not actually on his normal route home.

There are very few substantial areas of woodland along his walking route between BSE and Honington. Woodland along the roadsides was searched. He would only enter a large area of forest if he walked back from Barton Mills to Honington, but that requires him to have somehow got to Barton Mills. Parts of that forest were searched by Nicola and volunteers over several weekends.

Other than that the landscape is heavily cultivated and very open with very large fields and few hedgerows. Even if he had cut across the fields and tried to take a direct route home he should have been found by now.

The problem with this case is what it has always been - to all intents and purposes Corrie vanished without trace that night. The only reasonable possibility that we haven't discussed in depth is the possibility that Corrie didn't leave the Horseshoe until after the time when police stopped looking at the CCTV recordings, eg late on Saturday or some time on Sunday. It was discussed briefly but only in general terms.

I’ve always got the impression that N is totally embarrassed about any swinging and Grindr connection and has done her best to steer any investigation away from that; at possible detriment to the case.

With the exception of the bin weight, pretty much everything that has come from her on FB has changed at some point: can’t get out the HS without being seen, isn’t gay, didn’t know about the pregnancy, wasn’t depressed and so on...

MM seems to have talked a lot more sense throughout and seems to me like he just wants an answer and doesn’t care about the circumstances surrounding that answer.

Searching the fields on the right hand side of the road is the sensible option because, as Corrie would have been trained to do, you should always walk along a road facing oncoming traffic. This means that you can't be hit from behind by a vehicle but on a dual carriageway like the A134 obviously there's no chance of hitching a lift.

Nicola's complaint about only the verge, rather than the fields, on the left hand side being searched doesn't seem to me to have much merit. If you look at the area on Google satellite view you will see that much of the route on both sides is bordered by barley or wheat fields, which means that they will have been cultivated right up to the fence that borders the strip of grass between the field and the road. If he was in the fields he would have been found very soon after his disappearance.

The areas on the left which have not been searched beyond the roadside verge are mostly made up of villages and other strips of settlement, or patches of woodland which mostly stand on top of roadside embankments. If the verges on that side of the road have been searched, so have the embankments and I very much doubt that if Corrie was hit by a speeding vehicle his body would have been thrown right over the embankment. Even then, had it landed in the fields beyond it would have been found. This is intensively cultivated land. There is no realistic possibility that human remains in a pink shirt could or would have been missed in those fields.

I'm sorry to say that I think Nicola is still deep in denial.

^^ All makes sense. I would add that the way C drove from Bury to Honington is the route I used when in my car. He had a low-slung sporty model and maybe wanted to stick to main roads and even get up a bit of speed? However, I would go cross-country single lanes when I cycled to and from work as I felt more vulnerable to lorries on the A134. Even though it's quieter at night, it doesn't mean C walked that way.

Anyway, there was the early press conference when N said C never walked back to base. Or did walk back to base. Or...

Last edited:
I wonder if the Biffa bin could have obstructed him from the view of the camera? Depending where exactly it parked? If the bin man says Corrie was stood there when he arrived and no one was in the area as he was leaving I can only assume this is when he left. He could have been killing time and stood in the HS were it was quiet and when the bin lorry he turned up he thought he better move on as it probably looked a bit dodgy him just standing there.

The bin man said he saw someone who looked like C; that person was identified:

From Thread #13 (can't see a post number, but it was put up by lusijay on the first page), transcript of N's live Q&A on 28 Dec 16: "The driver has been spoken to on a number of occasions. He arrived at 4.20am and thought he saw Corrie in the horseshoe but through investigation by the police, this male is seen on CCTV there but it isn't Corrie. He has now been identified as people saw him on the footage in the pod and I have too, it was a man standing using his phone so its not the case that the bin man saw Corrie."

It’s easy enough to walk back, whether he ever did or not is a different story.

Corrie wouldn’t have felt vunerable at all, those Pebble Chimps are a hard as nails, especially those on the flying dildo Sqn.

I agree she's in denial in many respects and a lot of what she says now is contrary to what she has said before. I'm not blaming her, by the way, I think she's been misinformed in the past. But I have NEVER heard before that the bin weight was regularly around the 100kg mark, this makes a HUGE difference to the case (in my opinion) as it means the whole thing has been based on a phone ping matching the bin lorry route.

If it's the case that the bin often weighed upwards of 100kg, and that it was possible to leave the horseshoe off camera, the whole case needs looking at with fresh eyes. So, let's start at the start....

SP had always said they'd looked back over 6 months-worth of records and the bin weight was always in the range 10-15kg. 1000kg is about double the max capacity of that kind of bin, so how could that much waste have been fitted in there?

1000kg is about double the max capacity of that kind of bin, so how could that much waste have been fitted in there?

Capacity is volume, which is nothing to do with weight. Some weeks I struggle to put my wheelie bin out for collection because it’s full of heavy waste, other weeks it’s easy because although it’s still full, it’s full of light waste.

It’s like back at the start of the case when it was thought to be a recycling bin; people were puzzled why a bin with only 11 Kg of rubbish needed emptying, but 11 Kg of cardboard packaging could well fill a bin, especially if it was just thrown in and not flattened down and placed in neatly.

I think Occam's Razor would suggest that Corrie lies in a hedgerow or pond, somewhere between town and home. Like most here I was of the same opinion up until the insistence on the 100kg+ bin weight. So why have we had so many red herrings thrown in our path along the way? Who is at fault for all the misinformation and chaos? The police? The media? Social media? The family? All of the above?

Not rocket science, is it. It's pissing me off to be honest.

JMO but I look to Biffa for the bin weight fiasco, yes that's what I think of that. For weeks poor Suffolk police took a hammering from the hangers on on fb, yet it wasn't th3 police who made the error with the weight it was Biffa.

Whilst I'm sorry for NU, and my heart aches for her I still think she's finding it difficult to come to terms with the loss and is definately in a bad place. The trouble is there's a hoard of people urging her on, pushing her along which they call "being there for her and supporting her".

From what I read of her post on the fb page she more or less threatened to tell the public if police didn't answer her questions, after 4 days when the answers weren't forthcoming we have the out burst.

All JMO

The bin man said he saw someone who looked like C; that person was identified:

From Thread #13 (can't see a post number, but it was put up by lusijay on the first page), transcript of N's live Q&A on 28 Dec 16: "The driver has been spoken to on a number of occasions. He arrived at 4.20am and thought he saw Corrie in the horseshoe but through investigation by the police, this male is seen on CCTV there but it isn't Corrie. He has now been identified as people saw him on the footage in the pod and I have too, it was a man standing using his phone so its not the case that the bin man saw Corrie."

This keeps changing though, which adds more confusion because since then (recently) Nicola has brought it up again on 2 occasions - she said that the bin man saw someone that "matched Corrie's description" stood in the horseshoe. And now in the latest post she says an eye witness has made a statement to say they saw Corrie stood in the horseshoe while the Biffa was collecting the rubbish. Is this eye witness the lorry driver or a second eye witness?

How can this other male be seen on CCTV in the horseshoe if no CCTV points to the horseshoe? And if he has been identified why has Nicola brought it up again twice recently without confirming this person was not Corrie?

You cant tell me that this other male was dressed like and looked like Corrie?

To clarify this the eye witness/lorry diver should be able to look at the second male and look and Corrie and confirm which one he/they saw

I think that this 2nd person was someone completely different and Corrie was the person that was stood there, and thats why she is raising it again.

I hope that makes sense, I am even confusing myself while writing it!

Anyway, there was the early press conference when N said C never walked back to base. Or did walk back to base. Or...

We can discard anything that N says he did/didn't do. She has no way of knowing what he might have done when he was not with her.

SP had always said they'd looked back over 6 months-worth of records and the bin weight was always in the range 10-15kg. 1000kg is about double the max capacity of that kind of bin, so how could that much waste have been fitted in there?

I would imagine that bins in an area like that are vulnerable to fly-tipping. Easy vehicular access and room to park. Not fly-tipping exactly, but people disposing of stuff in someone else's bin. Someone could easily have dumped something heavy in there. Old car batteries, that sort of thing - heavy but not huge.

This keeps changing though, which adds more confusion because since then (recently) Nicola has brought it up again on 2 occasions - she said that the bin man saw someone that "matched Corrie's description" stood in the horseshoe. And now in the latest post she says an eye witness has made a statement to say they saw Corrie stood in the horseshoe while the Biffa was collecting the rubbish. Is this eye witness the lorry driver or a second eye witness?

How can this other male be seen on CCTV in the horseshoe if no CCTV points to the horseshoe? And if he has been identified why has Nicola brought it up again twice recently without confirming this person was not Corrie?

You cant tell me that this other male was dressed like and looked like Corrie?

To clarify this the eye witness/lorry diver should be able to look at the second male and look and Corrie and confirm which one he/they saw

I think that this 2nd person was someone completely different and Corrie was the person that was stood there, and thats why she is raising it again.

I hope that makes sense, I am even confusing myself while writing it!

There was a man dressed almost identically (white jeans pink shirt) in photos from the opening night of the nearby bar. I forget the name of the bar and can't provide any links as they're in my head, but I'm sure someone else will remember!!

There was a man dressed almost identically (white jeans pink shirt) in photos from the opening night of the nearby bar. I forget the name of the bar and can't provide any links as they're in my head, but I'm sure someone else will remember!!

That would be a crazy coincidence if he was in the horseshoe on his phone around the same time Corrie was though. I do wish she would clarify this part again. I feel like something has changed or was inaccurate when she did that Q&A and that’s why it’s being mentioned again.

Because you wouldn’t mention it twice again without even clarifying that the person who was seen was NOT Corrie.

It's the Snug Bar; main entrance on St John St, rear opens on to Short Brackland.

I had a look at the photos on FB but didn't see anyone in the light clothing. Could you see him, Cagey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member