IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
<quote respectfully snipped for emphasis on this sentence>
If by "checking out" you mean researching "mental blocks" on the Internet, it's entirely plausible IMO, that during the 5 weeks CR had after killing Mollie before LE focused on him and arrested him, he also could have done the same research and had his "story" picked out ahead of time "just in case". Even if not and he's telling the truth about "blocking out his memory" because it supposedly happens when "he's mad", there's still the possibility he made the whole thing up based on some research or even brainstorming, and he never gave Mollie a chance to "reject" and "anger" him.
I'm not going to try to guess if he really remembers what happened while he says he had his mental block; whether he remembers doing it or not, he always had the choice to take her to LE or a hospital when he realized he had her dead body in his trunk. Since he was so quick to confess once he was caught, why not just do it immediately and save her family and friends some grief? Whether he remembers what happened or not, there's no excuse for what he did then or after his "awakening". MOO

What is weird to me is that all the 50-60ish women I know go from one relationship to another, after ending long marriages...I am very happily divorced, living with my cat and dog, but it does make me wonder where they find all these men lol.

I am kinda the same way, only male. I have now been single longer than I was married, and I am at a point where I like myself and know I can live with myself. Would rather be alone than be with someone just so I could say I wasn't alone, if that makes sense. Vino (the boxer in my profile pic) and I get along just fine, with regular visits from my son and daughter-in-law and granddaughter.

Last edited:
There is no coffee shop in town. Community events are few and they’re mostly family or kids things. No idea whether he’s a part of a church or not. As terrible as this is, it’s reality: there aren’t going to be a lot of opportunities for the illegal Mexican farm workers to mingle and socialize outside of the Hispanic community.

Is Brooklyn like a lot of other small communities where the majority of locals are related through marriage or blood to one another or who’s families go back several generations? If so, I know what you’re referring to. It’s not a bad thing and creates a very strong community, just that’s the way it is but it’s a fact outsiders aren’t always immediately accepted. Hispanic or not, it’d be very difficult if not impossible for out-of-town unskilled labourers including farm workers to mingle and become part of the local social circle.

I’m reminded of a conversation about a man running for Mayor in the town my in-laws lived in. My MIL wasn’t supportive, said “But he’s not from here!” My brother-in law replied “But mom, he’s lived here 40 years!”

Is Brooklyn like a lot of other small communities where the majority of locals are related through marriage or blood to one another or who’s families go back several generations? If so, I know what you’re referring to. It’s not a bad thing and creates a very strong community, just that’s the way it is but it’s a fact outsiders aren’t always immediately accepted. Hispanic or not, it’d be very difficult if not impossible for out-of-town unskilled labourers including farm workers to mingle and become part of the local social circle.

I’m reminded of a conversation about a man running for Mayor in the town my in-laws lived in. My MIL wasn’t supportive, said “But he’s not from here!” My brother-in law replied “But mom, he’s lived here 40 years!”
Exactly.

Just throwing this out there.

Mexican folk religion involving human sacrifice gaining status among criminals

The Narcos' Saint | The Crime Report

“We’ve been seeing it on a regular basis here, for the past three years,” reports Lt. Chris Handy, Vice and Narcotics Unit, De Moines, Iowa Police Department.

The Cult Spreads

Although Iowa seems far removed from the violence of Mexican border cities such as Ciudad Juarez and Nuevo Laredo, Handy said the presence of the cult illustrates how effectively Mexican cartels have penetrated the U.S.

There is no coffee shop in town. Community events are few and they’re mostly family or kids things. No idea whether he’s a part of a church or not. As terrible as this is, it’s reality: there aren’t going to be a lot of opportunities for the illegal Mexican farm workers to mingle and socialize outside of the Hispanic community.[/QU

Yes I agree. Unless you know how those small farm towns operate they can be hard to envision. Seen them, been through them, saw how they function. I looked at all your video's which were great to get the lay of the land, I would never think that something like this could happen there as one would say. The events posted above are nothing I think CR would go to.

I am kinda the same way, only male. I have now been single longer than I was married, and I am at a point where I like myself and know I can live with myself. Would rather be alone that be with someone just so I could say I wasn't alone, if that makes sense. Vino (the boxer in my profile pic) and I get along just fine, with regular visits from my son and daughter-in-law and granddaughter.
I enjoy living alone too. I've always said that I haven't gotten married because I've never met anyone I hate that much - I can be hard to live with, and now I'm really set in my ways. They always say a woman looks for a man like her father, and I kept finding him but wouldn't put up with him!

I

Exactly. An obituary had run in our newspaper about an 80-something person who was not a native but had lived in the town since she was 2. At a gathering, other "not-natives" were laughing and discussing it and wondering just how long you had to live there to be native.

The answer is simple -- you've got to be born there.

I am kinda the same way, only male. I have now been single longer than I was married, and I am at a point where I like myself and know I can live with myself. Would rather be alone than be with someone just so I could say I wasn't alone, if that makes sense. Vino (the boxer in my profile pic) and I get along just fine, with regular visits from my son and daughter-in-law and granddaughter.
I know exactly what you mean. Sounds like the ideal situation. I grew up with boxers. They're awesome! Great personalities! Just like little kids!

I'm not going to try to guess if he really remembers what happened while he says he had his mental block; whether he remembers doing it or not, he always had the choice to take her to LE or a hospital when he realized he had her dead body in his trunk. Since he was so quick to confess once he was caught, why not just do it immediately and save her family and friends some grief? Whether he remembers what happened or not, there's no excuse for what he did then or after his "awakening". MOO

I agree. If he had any hope of using a psychiatric disorder as a defense, instead he’d have driven directly to the police station or hospital telling them there’s a body in his trunk and he has no idea how it got there.

The act of intentionally hiding the body in a cornfield, then concealing her under a pile of corn counters a mental health claim considering he admitted doing so.

In a court of law the accused is not required to remember anything.

Oh Otto, I'm never sure how to take your replies. It's obvious he's had sexual intercourse with a female because he has a child. He's been successful in his seduction techniques. Maybe he didn't meet his baby mother while cruising Brooklyn, we don't know, but at some point they hooked up.

Maybe he has a child because of a hook-up, and maybe he has a child because they were dating for a while and the baby came along.

The fact that he has a child and former girlfriend does not mean that he has looking for a date when he abducted and murdered Mollie.

You're kinda right, except that the arrest warrant implies that the Homocide occurred at the 1900 block of 385th Ave, and that MT was dead by 20:28. Look at the 2nd page form in the arrest warrant application.

"Lets just say it was the late afternoon hours of July 18th"

Listen to the last 45 seconds of this.

I enjoy living alone too. I've always said that I haven't gotten married because I've never met anyone I hate that much - I can be hard to live with, and now I'm really set in my ways. They always say a woman looks for a man like her father, and I kept finding him but wouldn't put up with him!
That's me. Very independent. I like coming and going and not having to answer when I will be back. And I definitely do NOT want someone like my father. way too controlling!

Maybe he has a child because of a hook-up, and maybe he has a child because they were dating for a while and the baby came along.

The fact that he has a child and former girlfriend does not mean that he has looking for a date when he abducted and murdered Mollie.

Peace out.

"Lets just say it was the late afternoon hours of July 18th"

Listen to the last 45 seconds of this.

LE timeline was 5-10

We know her brother dropped her off at 5:30

From what’s been reported her BF got a text from her at 7:00

Her mother was texting around 7:30 and got an “ok” to brats for dinner

CR could have been in the area as early as 5:00 and as late as 10:00

The warrant timeline is 7:45-8:28

I wonder if he picked the car up in town and brought it back that night?

Calendar of Events

August 30, 2018
View Event Calendar

Labor Day Holiday
September 3, 2018

BGM Homecoming
September 5, 2018
BGM Homecoming Week: September 4 - 7 "Rock the Warhawks" Wednesday, September 5th 5:30 - Parade (5:00 line up) 6:00 - Booster Supper ($6.00 - BBQ Pork, Baked Beans, Chips, Cookie, Water) 7:00 - Community Pep Rally

Brooklyn Raceway
September 7, 2018
Race starts at 7:15

Brooklyn Raceway September 8th
September 8, 2018
Race starts at 6:00

Columbus Day
October 8, 2018

Trick or Treat with Downtown Businesses
October 31, 2018
3:00 - 5:00

Thanksgiving Holiday
November 22, 2018

Three of those are holidays rather than community events, probably noted just for reference. One is the high school homecoming, which likely wouldn't be appealing to someone who's not in school, didn't graduate from that school, and probably isn't a fan of American football. Two of those dates are a weekend race, not the sort of place you go to pick up chicks. And the remaining date is trick-or-treat night, another dud for meeting women.

Sorry, Brooklyn really isn't a happenin' place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member