IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your comment made me think of mollies mother (I believe it was her mother or a close relative that said this) making a comment about her having a contraption of some sort she wore on her arm when she ran. Something similar to what I pasted below. iphone armband - Google Search:

Then she wouldn’t of had her phone in her hands at all.

Not until she took it out of the arm holster to maybe make a call because of the creepo car/guy who was dogging her. THAT was my point.

Spot on my friend. Prior to this case the last time I was in Brooklyn was to look at a house when I considered moving there. I spent an hour “downtown” seeing what the town had to offer, then called and cancelled my appointment.

Yea I feel like some posters on the thread in general aren't grasping how small of a town Brooklyn actually is. Now add that with the culture difference of being not from that area or country even and I can see why CR wouldn't be attending any of the listed events. At this point I don't believe the evidence points an initial intent to kill. I think the evidence points to a rage kill either by some kind of sharp object at the scene and/or the cornfield. Its possible she could have been technically alive in the trunk and he gave her another strike with the object in the cornfield, but I don't feel anything at this point points to this not being an act of rage.

Do people really go to HS football games of a school they didn't attend? I personally never have and I doubt CR would find that very appealing when he knows nobody, isn't part of the school community, and has a cultural difference. Importance on the word cultural difference. That really effects how comfortable/uncomfortable someone is in certain situations.

Where I'm going with this is exactly where I started with this: your direct route to and from the cornfield would either mean that this ping didn't happen at all or was off by miles. I don't think your direct route theory is valid.

The phone pinged off a cell tower in that area. It doesn't mean that the phone was there, just that that tower had the strongest signal from where her phone was located. It still could have been miles away.

The phone pinged off a cell tower in that area. It doesn't mean that the phone was there, just that that tower had the strongest signal from where her phone was located. It still could have been miles away.
That night they searched WC’s farm they sure seemed focused. I don’t think it was just because he’s a creepy guy living in the area, they were specifically there for something. No, I’m not saying WC was involved in any way. And the search seemed to be focused way back in the fields behind his house, too far off the road to make any sense that her phone had ever been back there. And that was the same day they announced they got access to her Fitbit data.

I don’t know what was going on with that, but it did happen and I think it’s relevant.

I can't fathom how it escalated into more than a failed pickup attempt...

A short fuse to begin with, perhaps, possibly coupled with some pent-up frustrations and maybe topped off by some word or gesture that set him off. I can certainly see it.

And keep in mind, there was no positive outcome for this dude. Walking away after it was clear that she felt he was harassing her would have eventually led to a visit from the sheriff who would have no doubt uncovered his immigration status, or a visit from the boyfriend and several truckloads of his buddies.

So maybe he freaks out and kills her on the spot, or maybe he realizes he's crossed a line and does what he thinks he has to do to save his skin. I could see either scenario.

Do people really go to HS football games of a school they didn't attend? I personally never have and I doubt CR would find that very appealing when he knows nobody, isn't part of the school community, and has a cultural difference. Importance on the word cultural difference. That really effects how comfortable/uncomfortable someone is in certain situations.

If you are interested in meeting girls, you go where the girls are. Who cares if they went to your high school or not?

My daughter and her friends used to go to skateboard tournaments and surf competitions, and guess what---they didn't like skate boarding or surfing.

And what is all this cultural difference talk? Why was he so intent on finding a young woman who was not in his community or culture? What is that about? He wasn't looking for a girlfriend ?

What was his intent?

Reactions: d4j
You are, of course, correct. But you may want to consider the Frye test, in Iowa case law as it applies to FitBit and other digital data. The judge would have a Frye hearing, to determine the admissibility of new tech or science in a case, if not previously admitted in another state court in Iowa...I think. Very IJMOO

I remember the first DNA case here. It set the precedent. Complex arguments simplifying statistics had to be presented for the evidence to be accepted.

A short fuse to begin with, perhaps, possibly coupled with some pent-up frustrations and maybe topped off by some word or gesture that set him off. I can certainly see it.

And keep in mind, there was no positive outcome for this dude. Walking away after it was clear that she felt he was harassing her would have eventually led to a visit from the sheriff who would have no doubt uncovered his immigration status, or a visit from the boyfriend and several truckloads of his buddies.

So maybe he freaks out and kills her on the spot, or maybe he realizes he's crossed a line and does what he thinks he has to do to save his skin. I could see either scenario.

wow, poor guy. Wish I could feel sorry for him, but I can't.

He was never intending to walk away from this. He was a sexual predator and knew exactly what was going to go down, IMO>

SN, it was a picture of his "junk" , and a lot of people of both sexes are now doing this. I don't know how well this method works today, but back in the day I heard the discussion that you could blow $100 bucks buying 1 girl dinner and whatever, or you could buy 30 to 50 girls individual drinks, thereby maximizing your effort to hook up. Or, alternatively, you could just stand at the end of the bar licking your own eye brows till somebody takes you home. I don't know, whatever works for you, but it pays to advertise!
back when "You've got Mail" came out, my family had just gotten the internet and I started exploring with chat sessions. Random people would instant message me, and one of them sent me a photo of plastic underwear and asked me if they would leak. He went by diaper2wet I think. I humored him over the instant messenger, but I never gave him any real information about me and he never had a chance. Anyone who sends me photos of their junk has about as much chance as the oil rigger who messages me on FB saying I have a nice smile. They are instantly kicked over to spam and/or blocked. I'm not surprised that people are texting these pictures, though. Part of my job involves processing old cell phones. Sometimes, when the person who returns them doesn't include their return number and all I have is a tracking number, I go onto the phone to attempt to find information about them to help me figure out whose account needs to be credited. Let's just say I've stumbled on quite a few pictures over the years that I wish I could've unseen. Please wipe your phones if at all possible before returning/replacing them and include your return code not just on the outside of the package but inside as well. Sometimes the labels on the outside of the package get damaged and we have no way of knowing where they came from.

Never heard of tinder, but you mentioned parties, which I forgot to mention before. I think that's how he would have spent 90% of his time socializing. Cooking over a fire, listening to music, drinking beers. Maybe. Jmo

In his own small Hispanic community, yes. But at least one MSM account said that a couple of relatives had to have a talk with him because he hit on a relative of his baby's momma. His own social clique may have been tired of his BS at some point. This would limit his circle of friends, and who he could continue to hit on...at least before he, himself, got hit!

If you are interested in meeting girls, you go where the girls are. Who cares if they went to your high school or not?

My daughter and her friends used to go to skateboard tournaments and surf competitions, and guess what---they didn't like skate boarding or surfing.

And what is all this cultural difference talk? Why was he so intent on finding a young woman who was not in his community or culture? What is that about? He wasn't looking for a girlfriend ?

What was his intent?

I would never attend a High school football game of a school I didn't attend. High school football is a community thing and I would not feel part of a community I did not come from or know anyone that went there personally. The only high school football games I have been too at a school I didn't attend is because my cousin was playing or something. I wouldn't just go to a towns high school football game I did not go to that school of.

Still think you are missing the cultural divide part. If I moved to say Australia tomorrow theres very little chance I am feeling comfortable going to a rugby tournament (a sport way more popular there than in the USA) with a bunch of strangers.

I think his intent was simply to hit on/seduce/impress? random girls. When he didnt get what he wanted he snapped and went into rage. I've seen plenty of guys do creepy things to girls. While creepy their initial intent wasn't to kill. The killing only happened once he went into rage and couldn't control his emotions.

wow, poor guy. Wish I could feel sorry for him, but I can't.

He was never intending to walk away from this. He was a sexual predator and knew exactly what was going to go down, IMO>
For some reason, your post made a thought pop into my head. (I have to cast the blame somewhere!) Is it possible that he was originally planning to just harass and/or rape her, but she made the mistake of calling him by name? He may have done it before and gotten away with it because he chose strangers, but he might not have known that she knew who he was because of his ex. MOO

<modsnip>

You are, of course, correct. But you may want to consider the Frye test, in Iowa case law as it applies to FitBit and other digital data. The judge would have a Frye hearing, to determine the admissibility of new tech or science in a case, if not previously admitted in another state court in Iowa...I think. Very IJMOO
Oh for sure IJMOO!
Oh joy for anyone sitting in on a Frye hearing from what I just read.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would never attend a High school football game of a school I didn't attend. High school football is a community thing and I would not feel part of a community I did not come from or know anyone that went there personally. The only high school football games I have been too at a school I didn't attend is because my cousin was playing or something. I wouldn't just go to a towns high school football game I did not go to that school of.

Still think you are missing the cultural divide part. If I moved to say Australia tomorrow theres very little chance I am feeling comfortable going to a rugby tournament (a sport way more popular there than in the USA) with a bunch of strangers.

I think his intent was simply to hit on/seduce/impress? random girls. When he didnt get what he wanted he snapped and went into rage. I've seen plenty of guys do creepy things to girls. While creepy their initial intent wasn't to kill. The killing only happened once he went into rage and couldn't control his emotions.

First of all, the mother of his child went to that high school. She was a cheerleader there and he was her boyfriend while she attended school there. So it is not like it is some strange school that he had no connection to.

But people here keep saying he has no opportunity to meet young women. And I am pointing out community events that are full of young women--- white and hispanic and African American women.

I think people are making too big of a thing about this cultural divide. There are plenty of white girls who date outside of their race. But not by meeting someone catcalling from their car, following them randomly on the street.

He'd need to attend community events, or go to the local Dunkin Donuts, and speak with new people and get to know them, to crate new connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs