CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the only article about Deeter? I would still like to know what time this dog well-check took place. Has anyone seen this reported elsewhere?

Neighbor says Chris Watts “cared more about the dog” than pregnant wife and 2 toddlers he allegedly killed
“It was like he was being punished or hurt or something,” the neighbor said. He was just howling. Because we had a dog, I said, ‘What the hell is that all about? So we called the police and asked them to check on the dog. And it turned out that he was OK. They did a wellness check on the dog.”

ETA: Dogs don't lie.
Wow, first I’ve heard of this! Neighbor says it was “the day the family disappeared” but they didn’t technically disappear until Monday. But I think it’s more likely he put the dog outside while he was killing someone, so he couldn’t try to protect the kids or SW.

Where are the accounts coming from, though? From SW? His parents? They are committed to a myth. They are invested in thinking of him that way.

The same thing was said about the Harts....
SW and her friends described CW as a loving husband and father. CW's parents, SW's parents are staying silent.

That looks so much like a bite mark. I know it has been posted already but it really does.
maxresdefault.jpg

Yeppers, a bite mark. It's horseshoe-shaped.

Oohh, I just noticed. He cut his beard recently. Look how light the skin is under his chin. And is that a sunburn? He tried to use a sunburn to cover up that mark and his white ex-beard skin?

Why did he cut his beard?

About strangulation death --
There are other opinions in this article -- I picked it because it was done by a detective and includes remarks about why it is considered what we call 1st degree murder.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Benjamin Bender, former Detective at St Louis Metropolitan Police (1994-2006)
Answered Feb 19, 2017 · Author has 579 answers and 1.7m answer views

In a fight if I were to hold you down and begin choking you it would take about a full minute for you to lose consciousness assuming your heart is pounding and breathing rapid.

To kill the person you would have to continue to apply pressure sufficient to strangulate for about 4–5 min in order to ensure death…probably longer in some cases.

That is why it is one of the more horrible an harshly punished murders. It takes a long time to do. You have a minim of 4–6 min to sit there quietly with the person unconscious squeezing with time to stop and reconsider. It’s not a trigger pull instant decision. It’s a process. You can’t argue self defense or heat of the moment with strangulation. You had a long time with the person utterly defenseless to stop and come to your senses as it were.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.quora.com/How-long-would-it-take-for-a-person-to-die-of-strangulation
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are other opinions in this article -- I picked it because it was done by a detective and includes remarks about why it is considered what we call 1st degree murder.

I'm still looking for juror quotes from the Scott Peterson trial. I have read some quotes that make me think I may have mis-remembered. If so, sorry. I've also read a quote where a juror stated that Scott Peterson told them all they needed to know through his silence. I would like to post a quote and/or link, but I want to make sure I'm following the rules.

It’s not a trigger pull instant decision. It’s a process. You can’t argue self defense or heat of the moment with strangulation. You had a long time with the person utterly defenseless to stop and come to your senses as it were.
Very interesting..You cannot argue "heat of the moment"!

The Thayer’s were asked to and did care for the dog in the beginning, and now he is in NC with SW’s family.
Yes, I'm aware of that. What I'm interested in is when this howling took place and when the police did a well check on the dog after the neighbor's called police.

Last edited:
That’s up for debate still as initially we believed he went for the first week and she stayed 5 more but then the random stranger who talked to her at a park and took photos of them confirms he was in NC with them for the last of the 6 weeks
In one of SW's FB vids. she says he was looking to get time off work for the last week not the first.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Benjamin Bender, former Detective at St Louis Metropolitan Police (1994-2006)
Answered Feb 19, 2017 · Author has 579 answers and 1.7m answer views

In a fight if I were to hold you down and begin choking you it would take about a full minute for you to lose consciousness assuming your heart is pounding and breathing rapid.

To kill the person you would have to continue to apply pressure sufficient to strangulate for about 4–5 min in order to ensure death…probably longer in some cases.

That is why it is one of the more horrible an harshly punished murders. It takes a long time to do. You have a minim of 4–6 min to sit there quietly with the person unconscious squeezing with time to stop and reconsider. It’s not a trigger pull instant decision. It’s a process. You can’t argue self defense or heat of the moment with strangulation. You had a long time with the person utterly defenseless to stop and come to your senses as it were.

https://www.quora.com/How-long-would-it-take-for-a-person-to-die-of-strangulation
Excellent post. Kudos So, he was in rage, strangled SW for 4 minutes or more while looking at his daughters, and doing nothing for them. NO! I don't think so! A horrible monster!

I don’t think the truck is a quad cab, but I think the back doors open - suicide doors is the only way I know how to describe them. They used to call them that way back.....lol.

Yep. I used to have a truck with doors like that. You have to open the front doors and then you can open those smaller back doors. My truck had small seats on each side in the back that you could fold up. I wonder if he put the girls in that large tool box in the back of his truck. Remember he was seen loading that tool box in the neighbors security camera. Perhaps he put SW in the back seat or floorboard.

Yes, I'm aware of that. What I'm interested in is when this howling took place and when the police did a well check on he dog after the neighbor's called police.
The Thayer’s talk about it in their interview. They were asked by the police to take Dieter, as per SW’s parents request. It seemed to happen right away.

We were just mentioning the Harts, I stepped off briefly to read the news, and CNN has a breaking news headline on that case.... Hart family: It didn't look like any children lived there, new report says - CNN
Everything was about the "look"; same with the Wattses
The sterility of that home.... and the Watts's home seems even more sterile. It even echoes.
Egads, the Harts had blank photo frames on the walls.

Yes, I'm aware of that. What I'm interested in is when this howling took place and when the police did a well check on he dog after the neighbor's called police.

I'd like to see when too. They must have thought it was a little odd if they had to do a welfare check on a dog and on a pregnant mother and her 2 children at the same house on the same morning.

Is that his pickup? Is it a ford?
No, it isn't his pickup, and I don't know what make of truck those pics are. I have ridden in a Ford that had these seats and they were about 20 -- 22 inches wide -- not uncomfortable for someone of average size if on a short trip.
I just went online and found those pics just to show the size of the area behind the front seats.

We were just mentioning the Harts, I stepped off briefly to read the news, and CNN has a breaking news headline on that case.... Hart family: It didn't look like any children lived there, new report says - CNN
Everything was about the "look"; same with the Wattses
The sterility of that home.... and the Watts's home seems even more sterile. It even echoes.

The behavior of some parents will never cease to amaze me. I just cannot possibly imagine how you can care more about how you "look" to people and on SM then raising your own children. It's just absurd.

Chris Coleman was the same situation. Just a house of cards to keep up appearances.

Do you remember very, very early at the very beginning of the threads on this site, someone kept mentioning that maybe he was in to guys? They repeated it many times. It was from the get-go before this guy came out. I am thinking that it was someone from Colorado that KNEW CW and knew that he swung both ways.
I thought it was a well known member on WS and don’t believe they know CW but I might be wrong (about who first mentioned it that is)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998