CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mainly because I don't see what others see in the SM videos. He appears caring and loving toward the children, I don't see indifference. I don't think he faked it for that long. It's a stretch for me to think he killed the babies without provocation.

I'm probably wrong but I just don't see pure evil.

In the home videos, he seems normal to me. Even in the interview with the media, I didn't think he looked suspicious, just a little nervous. I figured he had probably had a spat with his wife, he didn't want to talk about the reasons, and she would return.

He had me fooled.

Maybe faking grief over murdering his wife and children, but seriously mourning all the stupid mistakes he made.
He’s mourning alright, but it isn’t for the deaths of his family. He’s mourning the life he lost, and dreading the life that he is now about to live. Hopefully one of misery and suffering.

Oh...I hadn't thought of that. :(

Still not sure how hair could determine TOD. By insects?? I know insects can be used to determine TOD when a body is found deceased, but not sure insects are attracted to hair.

What do the forensic people on the thread think?

jmo

Am wondering that too. Decay, where the body was found and in what temps, food in stomach, bugs, etc. are all used...but hair? Not sure, maybe microbial changes. Not an expert, just guessing.

Wow! That is the BEST information I've seen about CW.
----------
Those who know Watts described him as a remarkably intelligent youth. In 2003, hes and another senior at Pine Forest placed third at the N.C. Automobile Dealers Association competition in Winston-Salem, receiving a certificate and a $1,000 scholarship to Universal Technical Institute and NASCAR Technical Institute in Mooresville.

Duty, their teacher, stood on the sidelines and watched.

“This was one of the smartest students I ever had. The guy had a photographic memory,” he said. “His biggest passion outside of automotive was NASCAR. He knew chapter and verse, everything you could ask about NASCAR. Anything. In fact, I told him before he graduated, I said, ‘Chris, if I ever had a student who was going to be tremendously successful, it’s you.’ He wanted to work his way up and be on a NASCAR team. Probably a crew chief.”

Duty said he believed that Watts attended the NASCAR Technical Institute. A representative said she could not comment.

Others who remember Watts from high school described him as a boy that every girl had a crush on, but shy and awkward.

Duty said most of his students, in particular the good ones, have kept in constant contact with him.

That was not the case with Watts.

“I really wondered why I never heard from him,” Duty said.

He remembered his former student as extremely introverted and quiet. Watts would sit in class and hardly say a word, Duty said.

“If you talked to him,” he added, “he would talk to you. Often, I wondered why he was so withdrawn. He was very clean-cut, very respectful, very smart.”

He remembers Watts as a great student because he could look at anything in the classroom, anything he was supposed to be learning, “and he had it. It didn’t take but one time, and he had it. Didn’t matter what it was.”

I'm not convinced that CW is especially intelligent. I mean, look where he's sitting right now. But even if I'm wrong, he wouldn't be the first family annihilator with brains.

For instance, William Bradford Bishop had a BS in history from Yale, an MA in international studies from the University of CA, and also attended Middlebury College. He served four years in Army counterintelligence, worked for the US State Department, and speaks five languages.

He bludgeoned his wife, three children and his mother to death with a ball peen hammer, then drove six hours with their bodies in the car, dug a shallow hole where he piled the bodies, doused them with gasoline and set them on fire.

And here's the scary part - that was 1976 and he still has not been found.
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/murders/william-bradford-bishop-jr/@@download.pdf

Last edited:
In the home videos, he seems normal to me. Even in the interview with the media, I didn't think he looked suspicious, just a little nervous. I figured he had probably had a spat with his wife, he didn't want to talk about the reasons, and she would return.

He had me fooled.
It was the strangely timed, manipulative smile, that really bothered me. His body language and words, didn’t jibe with what I would expect from a nervous husband and father.

I didn't realize her family had spoken to the media and said Shanann mentioned a separation during her NC trip. Does anyone have that link? I only saw the interview with her friend Nicole who says Shanann didn't mention a separation to her. Nicole said Shanann mentioned Chris hadn't been as affection lately and then says "he has no game". I took that as after saying he wasn't affectionate, then maybe she joked as in "Oh but I doubt he's having an affair, he has no game" and laughted about it. That is just something I could see happening but yes she could have truly suspected an affair and been speaking seriously about it. However, she did not mention anything about a separation to Nicole. I will have to look for the news where her family says they were separating. I don't know how I missed that.
Search said Onorati told her the two were planning to separate.
Shanann Watts murder case: Friends, family recall life of slain NC native :: WRAL.com

I really think that had a lot to do with his final decision. He had 6 weeks of wonderful bachelor life.

Then suddenly he is the one totally responsible for the 2 girls. Feeding them, washing them, playing with them, cleaning up after them, answering endless questions and listening to whining and crying if he tried to ignore them. And if they separated, he would be given many more weekends like that.

I think it was all too much for this selfish, cold hearted .

He wanted out without having to pay for it financially: no attorneys, no child support, no maybe alimony, no exwife, no share custody responsibilities, no long drawn out process. Imo.

In the interview, it bothers me that he says "She barely let me - " then cuts himself off.

That was a slip. He didn't mean to let that out. It was significant, whatever it was.

She didn't "let" him do something. Or at least he FELT that she didn't.

Agreed. She barely let me:

Touch her?
Hug her?
Kiss her?
Explain?
Sleep?

He probably never thought about getting another sheet out to put her in. Remember, he had a time issue. He had to move fast. Every second counted at that point. Just not sure about why he put sheets/cases in trash unless there was evidence on them and he intended to come back later to dispose of them somewhere else or like somone here mentioned, maybe he was going to say SW put them in trash herself before he killed her.

Just speculating but maybe he was planning on picking up new sheets. Keep the comforter buy a new/clean set of sheets.

I keep thinking about those sheets. Why did he put those sheets in the kitchen garbage? That was so stupid to draw attention to them like that! What was he thinking? I can see wanting to cover Shanann’s body after he killed her, he couldn’t bear looking at her, and a sheet near by might have seemed the easiest solution to accomplish that, but why did he choose the bottom, fitted sheet, rather than the top sheet? He had to rip the whole bed apart. Why not go to the linen closet and pull out another sheet? Why throw the rest of the bedding on the floor, except the top sheet and pillowcases? Why bundle them up and toss them in the downstairs kitchen wastebasket? Why leave the fitted sheet in the field near her shallow grave? I guess that one’s easier, he was overflowing with Adrenaline and just didn’t notice.

I remember someone posting in yesterday’s thread that there would be a lot of blood involved with a miscarriage...perhaps the blood was on the fitted sheet?

He wanted out without having to pay for it financially: no attorneys, no child support, no maybe alimony, no exwife, no share custody responsibilities, no long drawn out process. Imo.
Definitely possible, but I think he may have planned it better if money was the motive. This seemed more spontaneous than something like that, and his efforts to conceal his crime, seemed more reactionary than premeditated, in regard to planning.

@RickshawFan
Post #525
Thread #14

I'm just not sure what I'm missing in the video & pictures you referenced.
Many posters liked and agreed with you. It leads me to think my brain may be wired wrong :)

No, But, honestly what am I misreading?

I see a young woman (in video you referenced) that seems at peace and content with her life.
I don't see 'phony'. It doesn't make me feel 'creepy', nor do the family pictures.

I know nothing about MLM. Only Amway two decades ago - a friend's husband was selling it. That's it, nada, except for that.

I'm wondering if people, for some odd reason, feel a jealousy toward Shanann because her experience with MLM was positive? Not in any way saying you feel that way. Just truly cannot understand all the negativity about Shanann...? Several posters agree with you - What Am I Missing?

Sometimes it feels as if the whole world is jaded :( Why can't a person post their beliefs, that they are content, and, YES, happy with life? Why are people all too eager to smear those people?

I, for one, am so glad that the last few years of her life she smiled a lot.
Glad that she enjoyed her much too short life & posted 'happy' moments.

So, what the heck is wrong with me?
Why am I not seeing what so many of you are seeing? What Am I Missing here? Serious question.

Tia

As I said, I came at this point of view before reading many of y'all's comments, so I wan't in the groove of the discussion. I stand by my observations. I am not jaded, nor do I have much to say regarding Thrive, since I don't know a heck of a lot about it. I am not smearing anyone either: I'm simply observing what I believe to be true.

In my experience, smiles don't equate to happiness. A smile can make other people think you're happy or pleased, or satisfied, or polite, or cooperative.

I find this young woman's smiles to be plastered on, an effort to convince others (and maybe herself) that she's all happiness. Like her message to her fellow Thrivers, it's marketing, smoke and mirrors; she even overtly has "happiness" as a sales pitch. The emptiness of the house, and the seeming denial about their dire financial situation, speaks, to my mind, to someone who is pretending, both to herself and to others.

That is my impression, and I'm entitled to it.

Last edited:
Because he killed her on top of the bed IMO. It was easier to just wrap her in the fitted sheet & move her that way. Why put the flat sheet & pillowcases in the trash? Was there evidence on them? Perhaps.

I don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but trash pick up for them was on Tuesdays. (East of I-25 has Friday trash pickup, west of I-25 has Tuesday trash pick up.)
They lived at 2825 Saratoga Trl, which is west of I-25.
Maybe he thought it would be as simple as putting the sheets in the trash bin that would've gone to the curb on Monday night, put a fresh set on the bed and no one would be the wiser?

source links:
Garbage & Recycling | Frederick, CO - Official Website
Property Report

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1556-4029.2012.02271.x

"The onset of the banding was observed to have been delayed in water, air‐conditioning, and cold weather and was hastened by warm weather and within the vehicle. This study provides validation that decomposition does produce varying effects on hair at the proximal portion of a hair root, including a dark band."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member