IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she may have possible recognized him from school sporting events, FB feeds or from around town.

I don’t think they mingled regularly but in a small town who knows during teen parties, other local girls knew of him, described him, texted with him, I don’t think he’s was as much of a ghost to locals teens.
I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that she had seen him before, either: at Casey's, at a party, driving past her while she was running on a different night. Maybe it was nothing more than a subconscious familiarity. But I do think if she saw him driving or running behind her (or in front of her) on a lonely stretch of road, it would freak the he** out of her whether she knew his face or not.

OT question. Can children that are illegally in the country attend public schools? I should know this, but haven't seen it discussed.

OT question. Can children that are illegally in the country attend public schools? I should know this, but haven't seen it discussed.
Yes they can attend school, in fact they are required to.

Makes me wonder how CR didn’t, but I’m betting his fake documents have him older to bypass that.

Last edited:
The warrant also lists the location as the 1900 block of 385th Ave, not the cornfield. (Thanks Al Hoffman for pointing that out to me)
True. Good point. So he probably abducted and killed her there by 8:28pm and then drove to cornfield to dump her. Her body’s location was not known until CR led LE there. That location would not have been included in the time stated.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that she had seen him before, either: at Casey's, at a party, driving past her while she was running on a different night. Maybe it was nothing more than a subconscious familiarity. But I do think if she saw him driving or running behind her (or in front of her) on a lonely stretch of road, it would freak the he** out of her whether she knew his face or not.

I’m wondering if he was maybe pretending to have a flat or car trouble and he lured her over to his car asking for help or he hit her with his car, just enough to knock her over or out.

The thought of his version is ridiculous, him parking his car and jogging beside or behind her, that puts too much distance between him and the car and having to carry her back to it.

I think she may have possible recognized him from school sporting events, FB feeds or from around town.

I don’t think they mingled regularly but in a small town who knows during teen parties, other local girls knew of him, described him, texted with him, I don’t think he’s was as much of a ghost to locals teens.

This is a high school with only 250 students total, where CR's girlfriend was a cheerleader AND was in the same graduating class as MT's boyfriend. The two classmates had to know each other, as they both graduated 1 year before MT. Because it would have been the marriage of a HS classmate in a small town, DJ and his girlfriend would have had some knowledge of who CR was. At least a nodding acquaince, if not more from SM.

A very wise lady (who had been through a bunch of scrapes in her life, and who then read about what DIDN'T occur in the newspapers concerning events she had personally been involved in or had observed) once told me to believe nothing that you hear and half of what you read. Just because it appears in MSM or if LE says it to the public dosen't make it so. These are simply factoids, the relative truth and value of which will be revealed with the passage and fullness of time.

Imagine, for a moment, that you are a single 20 year old trekking along the corn field when bam, you're out cold on the pavement. When you look up, you see the suspect picking you up and throwing you into the trunk of his car.

You're dizzy from hitting your head, and you have a bleeding cut. You're in the trunk of a car. You realize you're slowing down, turning, pulling a u-turn, and stopping.

The trunk opens. You are dragged from the car into the corn field, and then thrown over the shoulder and carried for a while. Then you are thrown down on the ground.

The last memory you have is lying in a corn field, covered in corn leaves, blood slowly draining.

That is what the suspect did to Mollie Tibbetts.
That is absolutely terrifying. I cannot even begin to imagine the fear. Mollie’s case has seriously impacted my daily life in that I am much more aware of my surroundings and I’ve started taking precautions when I run.

So its not really the battery that would be the problem its if the fitbit goes too far from the phone then it can't send any data anymore?
My Fitbit requires recharging. “ Charge 2 battery level is low”. Fitbit battery life and charge cycles vary with use, settings, apps and many other factors. Fitbit can work transmitting and recording data without the possession of a cell phone. My kids use their laptops to get their Fitbit data. I am not an expert on the different models of Fitbit. My kids don’t have their Fitbit charge 2 (s) linked to a phone or wireless plan. The data that we get is accurate.

Imagine, for a moment, that you are a single 20 year old trekking along the corn field when bam, you're out cold on the pavement. When you look up, you see the suspect picking you up and throwing you into the trunk of his car.

You're dizzy from hitting your head, and you have a bleeding cut. You're in the trunk of a car. You realize you're slowing down, turning, pulling a u-turn, and stopping.

The trunk opens. You are dragged from the car into the corn field, and then thrown over the shoulder and carried for a while. Then you are thrown down on the ground.

The last memory you have is lying in a corn field, covered in corn leaves, blood slowly draining.

That is what the suspect did to Mollie Tibbetts.
Any scenario imaginable is too terrifying to imagine. I only hope that she was unconscious during most of the ordeal. Also, if you're thinking that she died in the cornfield where her body was located, and that info was likely obtained by a slowing of her Fitbit heart rate, then my question is why did the Fitbit not lead LE to her body? Was the Pig Farm close enough to where she was found that LE had the timing info early on?

This is a high school with only 250 students total, where CR's girlfriend was a cheerleader AND was in the same graduating class as MT's boyfriend. The two classmates had to know each other, as they both graduated 1 year before MT. Because it would have been the marriage of a HS classmate in a small town, DJ and his girlfriend would have had some knowledge of who CR was. At least a nodding acquaince, if not more from SM.

A very wise lady (who had been through a bunch of scrapes in her life, and who then read about what DIDN'T occur in the newspapers concerning events she had personally been involved in or had observed) once told me to believe nothing that you hear and half of what you read. Just because it appears in MSM or if LE says it to the public dosen't make it so. These are simply factoids, the relative truth and value of which will be revealed with the passage and fullness of time.

Exactly, in a school that small they were bound to be familiar, there’s only so much you can do in a town that small.

Yes they can attend school, in fact they are required to.

Makes me wonder how CR didn’t, but I’m betting his fake documents have him older to bypass that.

The age through which children have to attend school varies by state. In Iowa the age a student can leave school is 16 so assuming he came straight here after arriving in this country he wouldn't have been required to attend school even if his documentation matched his real age.

Any scenario imaginable is too terrifying to imagine. I only hope that she was unconscious during most of the ordeal. Also, if you're thinking that she died in the cornfield where her body was located, and that info was likely obtained by a slowing of her Fitbit heart rate, then my question is why did the Fitbit not lead LE to her body? Was the Pig Farm close enough to where she was found that LE had the timing info early on?

I think he took her phone when he put her in his car and probably turned it off. Maybe he turned it on and looked at it and it pinged one of the towers. He must have had his turned off too or wouldn't it have pinged at the same time?

Although I'm not a runner it seems to me after watching the video she had already run quite a ways. Seems to me I read where she was going to her mom's house to pick up a car to go to work the next day. How far away from her mom's house was the abduction point?

The age through which children have to attend school varies by state. In Iowa the age a student can leave school is 16 so assuming he came straight here after arriving in this country he wouldn't have been required to attend school even if his documentation matched his real age.

His dad said he left Mexico around 16 to work, I don’t think school was ever on his todo list, so if he arrived here he probably had the fake documents stating he was older to avoid that?

He could have come as a dreamer but he really came to work and send money home from what his family said.

Yes, they are required by law to attend school. There are no exceptions to compulsory education laws, except for maybe homeschooling.
Even then, homeschool laws can be pretty strict depending on your home state. I know the laws vary state to state as to what is required in order to homeschool your children.

Yes, the State has an obligation to provide an education to all children, regardless of immigration status. Latinos have among their numbers some remarkable mathematicians, and a mind is a terrible thing to waste. Also, by Federal law any hospital that receives Federal reimbursement of any kind MUST accept and stabilize and treat any critically ill patient or woman in active labor, irregardless of their ability to pay (or their immigration status). In the bad old days (prior to 1986) , people were turned away from ER's when critically ill with an insufficiently green wallet biopsy, and died.

For these reasons, among others, we currently live, and have lived, in a great country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa