CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't listen to it, but the Pope made that the official Catholic position just a few weeks ago. I happen to agree with the pope: I've settled against the death penalty, but when I heard the facts of this case I was ready to go bludgeon CW with a baseball bat.

I feel similar. I live in Australia and we abolished the death penalty decades ago, and technically I'm against the DP.

Which basically means: Yes I'm against it, but I wouldn't feel any sadness either if someone like CW gets the death penalty.

I am absolutely mortified, disgusted and saddened that Boles Funeral Home, who streamed the live service today for Shanann and the girls, just had to post this:

Boles Funeral Homes & Crematory

—see post from 3 hours ago today
(That they are “feeling heartbroken”, as they had to delete negative and unnecessary comments made throughout the live stream and that it’s a shame that they even had to do this.)

That is so sad, as all the comments were deleted. There are no comments anymore and there were so many wonderful supporting comments I'm sure the family would have wanted to see.

<modsnip: snipped quoted post and reference to it>

I'm just trying to find an explanation for his claim that he saw SW strangling the child on the baby monitor. He lied about having an affair but then admitted it when called on it. He lied about the play dates but later admitted that he killed SW and disposed of the bodies. But he stuck to his story about the baby monitor. There has to be a "why."

Last edited by a moderator:
Death row would actually be a better deal for CW. He would be in complete solitary, and not have to deal with the constant hazing and bullying that child predators have to deal with.

Prison is an interesting society, you end up with a crowd of buddies, who watch your back, and you watch theirs. There is a hierarchy. CW is unlikely to be welcomed into any group, his loner status won't be good. And the fact that he was gay on the outside, is even worse for him.

Her family is very catholic.
I also feel if it were my daughter and grandchildren I would want it to be grandiose in their honor. There is no greater love than a parent's love for their child and their offspring.
Oh, I was never denying them the right to have a Requiem Mass. I am sure that it was a tiny shred of comfort to them, that the church honoured her and her daughters in that way.

I disagree. Because if he hadn't confessed to the location of the bodies, it is possible the bodies would never have been found.
I am not sure that he confessed to that either until they showed him evidence that
they had tracked his movements. Not difficult to do now.
ETA. I think that they knew the area and maybe had even found the bodies before he came up with the accusation that she killed them and he only dumped them.

I'm really sorry to have missed the service for Shannan and the girls :( My eldest daughter and hubby are here for the weekend and I wasn't aware her funeral was going to stream live. I didn't know SW and her babies but wanted to pay my respects and honor their lives especially when their husband/father showed such a lack of respect for them all in their deaths and disposal of their remains. RIP Shannan, Bella and CeCe. I hope you know there are many outside of your beloved uncle and grandparents that will continue to remember you and continue to follow killers trial until justice is served. I am grateful you are now in God's arms where you no longer have to be afraid.

Thank you for this post, Raven. I was just feeling guilty for being a coward and not watching it because Jax was sobbing and I was just thinking I do feel the need to see this through and pay my respects as well, even though I didn’t know them.

I just made a cup of hot tea.

<modsnip: off topic>

I'm just trying to find an explanation for his claim that he saw SW strangling the child on the baby monitor. He lied about having an affair but then admitted it when called on it. He lied about the play dates but later admitted that he killed SW and disposed of the bodies. But he stuck to his story about the baby monitor. There has to be a "why."

He has to put himself somewhere other than the girls room(s) in order to blame Shanann. It would also support his assertion that although they had an emotional conversation, it was civil. You know - he just went back to bed - no big deal. Then he saw the baby monitor...

Last edited by a moderator:
He has to put himself somewhere other than the girls room(s) in order to blame Shanann. It would also support his assertion that although they had an emotional conversation, it was civil. You know - he just went back to bed - no big deal. Then he saw the baby monitor...
Yep and she did this while he stepped out of the room for a moment. In a moment she managed to strangle two children in separate bedrooms?

Just curious, was it proven yet that he is gay or that the man claiming the gay affair was legit?
“A source close to the investigation tells PEOPLE that Chris has had relationships with both men and women outside of his marriage.”
PEOPLE also said that the guy who came forward on HLN’s Ashley Banfield show, gave details that were not readily available online. So take that for what it’s worth. We don’t know for a fact, but I think it’s likely true.

I have never posted before but was wondering if the facts rule out my scenario. First, remember that kids that small are a handful and he was alone Sunday night taking care of them. Could he have snapped on one of the kids and accidentally (with or without malice) killed one of the girls and then decided that he would (irrationally) try to get away with it by sacrificing the rest of the family.? Could he be that much of a narcissist , or that scared, or come to the warped conclusion that Shanann and the living child would be somehow be protected in a sick way from what had happened, His twisted thinking that night as a result of rage/adrenaline/fear/drugs after he killed his own child. Whether it was an accident or not, life and consequences after that will be hell. Then the bodies were taken to the burial site on Sunday night? Then the obvious subsequent actions, i.e Shannan. I admit to not reading everything so just ignore my ignorance but this was my first thought when I heard about this case. People react in irrational and unexplainable ways under duress. That maybe lovers, financials are inconsequential. Is this at all possible? But that said, he's probable a .

I definitely can see him losing his temper with the girls that weekend. And doing something that caused either a horrible injury or fatality. Then he panicked. He couldn’t undo it. So yes I definitely can imagine this.

I even wondered that about Casey Anthony.

I have two grown children that are 15 months apart. The year they were 3 and 4 I almost lost my mind numerous times. So much hectic everything. It was like they knew there were two of them and one of me and they fought and tried to get the other one in trouble it was s year I thought would never end! I never thought of hurting anyone but I didn’t understand child abuse until I had my own nonstop crying infant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes