CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Dex, he possibly, planned to come back, after work, to clear things as didn't have time initially.
SW's friend stopped that, by contacting Police
Yes and he ran red lights to be there when the Police were called, but not before she told him that she was calling LE. He was concerned about himself where he was fobbing her off before.

Right, But it was his work truck and he did a lot of driving, some on remote roads. So he might have just always had a small gas can for emergencies. I'd like to know if that was a new addition or it was in there for months already.
Could also have been for some of his equipment like a weedeater to clear weeds from around the pipes.

We actually have 2 professionals that I know of in our WS community! @CARIIS (therapist) and @MindHunter13 (forensic psych)

Do you mind doing a quick multi quote so I can track what this specific line is about? I don't mind analyzing footage and offering up a written assessment (based on my opinion) but going through the threads takes more time than I have available I'm afraid.

Discussing this case is weird. No matter how you try to explain it, it sounds like you're victim blaming and it's mostly because we just don't have a lot of information of things prior to the crime. Here are a few things that people have said that "may" have lead to his state of mind: they were spending too much, she was traveling a lot, he was taking care of "small children" after work, her career was taking off, they were in financial trouble, he was tired of trying to live up to the perfect life that she showed on social media, he couldn't keep up with her ambitions, he was gay and stuck in his marriage...

Perhaps some of those things affected his mental health or something. If it did, then that's too bad and I am sorry that he didn't seek help. In general, however, I have zero compassion for him. MANY men are single dads or house husbands or full-time caregivers for their children and they don't flip and take out their whole family in one night. They were having financial trouble? Welcome to 2018. I don't have a single friend right now who isn't living paycheck to paycheck. My husband and I are self-employed and our incomes depend upon how the general public feels about us; it's feast or famine. Lots of people who run small businesses or are self-employed live this way. We don't actually know that they were overspending, that's something that was ascertained from looking at her social media pages and from the $1500 HOA court fee (which, again, we don't know a lot about). She seemed to travel a lot for work, but he mostly seemed to be with her. If this was a problem for him, he didn't have to go. However, if we're drawing conclusions from social media, I'd say he looks pretty happy.

As far as the "perfect" life she presented on social media? Again, let me introduce you to my friends' list where 80% of the people are the perfect business women with immaculate homes who throw their angelic and super-intelligent children perfect Pinterest-worthy birthday parties.(The fact that the majority of their house is actually a pig sty and their children are bratty little ninjas that curse better than me is a non-issue on Facebook.) My husband can't stand the whole FB and IG thing...so he doesn't get on there. I snap lots of pictures of him. It literally takes less than a second and then he has no idea what I do with the picture afterwards.

He was having sexual feelings towards the same sex, then he could have addressed that in the same way that many men in similar situations have before: address the feelings with a marriage counselor or separate from his wife while he explores these feelings and decides what he wants to do.

If CW was having issues with anything then he had two choices: address them with a marriage counselor or get out of the marriage.

At the end of the day, he had no more "issues" in his marriage and home life than many, MANY other men have. (I, personally, drive my own husband crazy.) These men, however, do not kill their wives and they certainly don't kill their children. I don't believe in internet diagnosing from a few interviews and social media posts, but IMO whatever finally tipped the scales was his problem and not anything that Shanann could have controlled.
Great post and absolutely true. Also, this is so typical of oil field life. I know people with college degrees that go to work in the oil field because the money is so much better. I know of a wireline operator that makes $300,000 per year. So the temptation is to live well and spend like there is no tomorrow, but the oilfield can go down in a moment's time. The 1980's was a boom time and then it busted. I remember people having bumper stickers that said, "Please God, let oil come back. I promise not to piss it away this time." Most go through some tough times, take their knocks and are the wiser for the future. They don't wipe out their family. None of their problems were anything other people haven't faced. I've known people who cheated, and married people that came out gay and abandoned their straight wives, yet most of those people...after going through heartache...eventually moved on with their lives. We all will ask why because we need to know why someone would do that. Maybe we partly need to know so we can protect ourselves from someone like that. Even if CW honestly told us why he did it, it would not make sense to us because it was not necessary, it was a waste of innocent life, and there is simply no excuse for what he did.

I am not sure that he confessed to that either until they showed him evidence that
they had tracked his movements. Not difficult to do now.
ETA. I think that they knew the area and maybe had even found the bodies before he came up with the accusation that she killed them and he only dumped them.
The arrest affidavit says he confessed and then they showed him the overhead drone photos.

Yes, and (not that it matters) I wonder if users of the patches suffer from any sort of withdrawal when they stop using them. Whether they have to be tapered off like some medications. I know people suffer withdrawal even from caffeine, and I think the patches had caffeine and other substances.

I did not have any withdrawal symptoms when I stopped using the products.

Nor did I have a desire to participate in any affairs, murder my family, dispose of their bodies, and smile for interviews.

I personally know several who use/used (or promote) the products, and none of them have had any type of negative reaction. Pretty sure CW hasn't either, IMO. His actions are not due to Thrive- as far as we know, he was still using the products at the time of the murders, not suffering from withdrawals.

All of this is speculation, based on my personal experience! :)

Here is tonight’s Denver 7 news story on the service today.

——-

And Fox31:

You can tell how much Shan’ann loved her two little girls. There is no way she would have harmed them and I hope the jury sees the truth of who did. I don’t think I will be able to watch this trial and see Shan’ann’s memory desecrated by Monster and his defence team.

During today's service, did I hear a priest say something about the family having no desire for retribution/revenge....no desire for more death?

If I heard somewhat correctly, and this in fact is the stand of the family, then maybe they would request to take the Death Penalty off the table?
They did say they have no desire for revenge, but that they did want justice. Not sure that there is true justice on this earth for what he did, but that didn't answer for me whether it would be life in prison or death.

Will there even be a need for a trial since he confessed to killing SW? He is also charged with the termination of the pregnancy.

I am not trying to dismiss the seriousness of the murder of the two girls. If there is enough to put C.W. in prison for the rest of his life on charges he has confessed to, why drag the families through any more?

You can tell how much Shan’ann loved her two little girls. There is no way she would have harmed them and I hope the jury sees the truth of who did. I don’t think I will be able to watch this trial and see Shan’ann’s memory desecrated by Monster and his defence team.
I’m not worried about it. CW is going to look really bad after the jury sees a few of Shanann’s “I love Chris and my kids” videos, and then has to listen to his lover(s) tell tales of hookups on the stand. I’m at the point of disgust, I’m pretty sure her family is, and I’m pretty sure the jury will get there very quickly. Wait til they see Chris talk about his shirt.

Thank you for posting that. I did see a little bit of bracketed information referring to CW. I presume those are your notes, right? Thank you.

I understand a little bit better about narcissism now, but I'm having problems identifying behaviors of CW that indicate the narcissism or symptoms of it. I mean, I get that he killed his entire family but not himself, and I guess that's Exhibit A, and the interviews with the news media on Tuesday seemed more concerned about himself, but what do you see in CW's demeanor and presentation before the murders indicates narcissism? Everything I saw said "Shy Chris," "devoted to his family," "great husband," "reserved," "stayed to himself," and all that. But obviously I'm not seeing what you and the others are seeing. What should I be looking for?

For instance, the biggest thing in the above seems to be "narcissists lack empathy." What do you see from before the murders that indicates to you that he lacks empathy?

Perhaps one of the reasons it may be difficult to "see", is that SW loved her husband so much that she refused to speak negatively of him? And CW deactivated or removed his social media accounts- we don't get to see his personal thoughts, feelings, or emotions.

I lived with someone (for 25 years), who had everyone we knew convinced he was an amazing husband and father. Family included. However; behind closed doors he terrorized my daughter's and I.

It is because of my personal experience that I notice little things in the pictures and videos posted by SW that make me believe CW was detached and lacked empathy. I, like many others, take issue with his apparent "can't be bothered" attitude during television interviews. What was he really trying to say? It wasn't "I can't live without them. Please, please help me find them."

Maybe some are looking for actions proving he lacked empathy, while others notice the inaction proving he does (lack empathy)?

Just my 2¢- nothing more. ;)

I am not sure that he confessed to that either until they showed him evidence that
they had tracked his movements. Not difficult to do now.
ETA. I think that they knew the area and maybe had even found the bodies before he came up with the accusation that she killed them and he only dumped them.
Agree. Pretty sure that Anadarko could track his movements...at a minimum...with the gates he opened.

Agree. Pretty sure that Anadarko could track his movements...at a minimum...with the gates he opened.
I too think it's very likely that LE would have found the bodies without CW's confession. He had very little time to work with, so his workplace would have been a logical place to start looking. His cell phone data, cameras, and security measures (gates, access control points), would have aided LE in this.

I just watched Shannan and the girls service. It was lovely. My heart breaks for her parents and her brother. I'm happy for mom and dad that they have a very loving and caring son who is there for them and they for him. They are clearly very close and will help see each other through the painful days ahead. Such a tragedy and the greatest possible sentence needs to be placed upon CW for this evil and horrific crime of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd