CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point I don’t think I can catch up on the threads. Sorry if this has been asked already and is common knowledge here but - has there been confirmation that CW has had a same sex affair, other than Ashley Banfields show and people magazine?

I know people is considered legit but in another case I followed, I did not trust their sources. They seem to lean more towards a rag these days imo. So just wondering if there is another source for this claim.

At this point I don’t think I can catch up on the threads. Sorry if this has been asked already and is common knowledge here but - has there been confirmation that CW has had a same sex affair, other than Ashley Banfields show and people magazine?

I know people is considered legit but in another case I followed, I did not trust their sources. They seem to lean more towards a rag these days imo. So just wondering if there is another source for this claim.
No.

Good question! Anyone? Is there any independent indication that CW had a same-sex interest or relationship?

I don’t know if CW’s family attended the funeral.
But I have a family member who posted a terrible comment on social media. He was then attacked on social media by all kinds of people- even his home address and phone number were on there, with death threats, etc. His Facebook page led them to other family members. Several of them were being harassed and threatened. Nieces business page had nasty comments and threats. Siblings were threatened with violence...it was really vulgar. And terrifying for the family, we didn’t know if someone would follow through with the threats. Eventually it blew over. None of us agreed with the nasty comment that started it all. We were disgusted by it, as much as the public was . I can see CW’s family staying away, and can only imagine what they’re going through. They are victims of CW’s actions too.

I have searched but cannot find any other source.

I don’t know if CW’s family attended the funeral.
But I have a family member who posted a terrible comment on social media. He was then attacked on social media by all kinds of people- even his home address and phone number were on there, with death threats, etc. His Facebook page led them to other family members. Several of them were being harassed and threatened. Nieces business page had nasty comments and threats. Siblings were threatened with violence...it was really vulgar. And terrifying for the family, we didn’t know if someone would follow through with the threats. Eventually it blew over. None of us agreed with the nasty comment that started it all. We were disgusted by it, as much as the public was . I can see CW’s family staying away, and can only imagine what they’re going through. They are victims of CW’s actions too.
It might be possible that the Watts attorney has advised all CW's family not to say anything at any time until the trial???

Wow I’m kind of surprised that this is being discussed as a fact without concrete confirmation. It is being discussed as if it’s a fact that C.W. is bisexual or gay.
You're absolutely correct and I am guilty of opining that CW may be bisexual after Ashleigh Banfield's "source" spoke out. This source has not been revealed and until such time as its confirmed by LE all my assumptions are just that. Thank you for bringing this up.

I think that AB and People are MSM aren't they?

Probably. But as I said before, I have found people to be unreliable in a recent case (I have no reason to read people other than the cases I follow on WS) and what I read about AB show and CWs “same sex lover” seemed questionable to me. AB seems like the new Nancy grace, who claims things to be a fact without properly vetting. That’s just my opinion. I’d prefer to have a MSM source other than AB or people, but it seems like after a week, nothing reliable is available.

Probably. But as I said before, I have found people to be unreliable in a recent case (I have no reason to read people other than the cases I follow on WS) and what I read about AB show and CWs “same sex lover” seemed questionable to me. AB seems like the new Nancy grace, who claims things to be a fact without properly vetting. That’s just my opinion. I’d prefer to have a MSM source other than AB or people, but it seems like after a week, nothing reliable is available.
That's my thought as well. I'd like to verify this source from someone other than AB as she is a little questionable imho.

It’s all still conjecture at this point. But I think we can safely say there was at least one extramarital affair in process at the time of the murders.

Certainly, it is confirmed that he was involved with a coworker. But does anyone disagree that it would be a much bigger deal if he were involved in a same-sex relationship than an opposite sex relationship?

Of course, there may be many people who are in the same situation who don't kill their families.

Certainly, it is confirmed that he was involved with a coworker. But does anyone disagree that it would be a much bigger deal if he were involved in a same-sex relationship than an opposite sex relationship?

Of course, there may be many people who are in the same situation who don't kill their families.
One thing I have learned from years of watching ID channel and following trials is that when there is a murder like this it usually involves a triangle. And when you have a source like AB quoting her source as a same sex lover of the person who committed the murders it is bound to lead to speculation and be a bigger deal due to that. What we require is verification that this "male lover" of CW's is who he says he is.

That's my thought as well. I'd like to verify this source from someone other than AB as she is a little questionable imho.

It seems to me that if CW had a hook up with one man, surely there would be others.

I mean seriously, folks---SW herself has been quoted as saying that CW didn't have "game." Do we have any verifiable source that says he was on any dating or hook up apps?

I think it is important information to know that SW already knew about the AP.

If the defense could have shown that she knew nothing about it at all, and then she was suddenly hit with info that he wanted to separate, and he had other relationships he was going to pursue, then it COULD possibly create 'reasonable doubt' , that she might have snapped and overreacted out of shock.

But if the state can show that she already knew about his affairs and she was already contemplating separation---then there is no way they jury will accept the ridiculous story that she ran up to the babies beds and brutally strangled them, just because he said he wanted to separate. NO WAY!

One thing I have learned from years of watching ID channel and following trials is that when there is a murder like this it usually involves a triangle. And when you have a source like AB quoting her source as a same sex lover of the person who committed the murders it is bound to lead to speculation and be a bigger deal due to that. What we require is verification that this "male lover" of CW's is who he says he is.

Well I think until it’s confirmed by LE we should just go by his affair with his coworker. And the guy who went on AB was not a coworker. JMO

I think that a same sex relationship would be a bigger deal to him. He’s a married guy with kids, who seems to care a great deal about the image that he projects to the world. If his wife discovered this, or if he feared his wife discovering this, it may have fueled his anger and thus, these murders.

This of course applies as well to relationships with females, but perhaps to a lesser extent.

So I agree with you, as I think that he would have been fearful of being exposed as gay. “Not that there’s anything wrong with that.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member