WA - 6 y.o. hospitalized after (false report of) bullying, Olympia, Aug 2018

Cement is cured it does not shed sawdust after it has set.
As already been pointed out, concrete could be crumbling. In which case, the crumbles can get into the eye if one falls on it.

Sawdust is a component of the concrete. Concrete could have been crumbling, not in good shape. If he fell onto concrete it could have gotten into his eye.
Sorry, that is too much of a stretch to me. He would not just have sawdust in his eye, it would be concrete and sawdust. The sawdust would not be separated from the concrete if it were so old it was crumbling.

If he simply fell down the steps, broke his arm, and got “sawdust” in his eye, why would this small child tell such a whopper of a tale of bullies beating him up?

He must be terrified of someone in his house.

Did his mother leave him alone while she went to work? Did the boyfriend kick or push him down the steps? Was he supposed to stay in the house while mom was at work, but went out and the neighborhood bullies got hold of him? They in turn told him to tell it was little kid bullies?

Poor little boy! Something is wrong in his life. Let’s hope this gets him the attention he needs to improve his living conditions.

If he simply fell down the steps, broke his arm, and got “sawdust” in his eye, why would this small child tell such a whopper of a tale of bullies beating him up?

He must be terrified of someone in his house.

Did his mother leave him alone while she went to work? Did the boyfriend kick or push him down the steps? Was he supposed to stay in the house while mom was at work, but went out and the neighborhood bullies got hold of him? They in turn told him to tell it was little kid bullies?

Poor little boy! Something is wrong in his life. Let’s hope this gets him the attention he needs to improve his living conditions.
Yes.

What evidence exists saying that there was ONLY sawdust present in the child's eye and no other byproducts of concrete/cement?

What evidence exists saying that there was ONLY sawdust present in the child's eye and no other byproducts of concrete/cement?

Just pretty sure with the amount of details that were being given, we would have certainly heard about it by now.

We haven't been given many details. We don't know how exactly he fell, and don't know what exactly was pulled out of his eye. Doctors who did the surgery can't give out details.

Sorry, that is too much of a stretch to me. He would not just have sawdust in his eye, it would be concrete and sawdust. The sawdust would not be separated from the concrete if it were so old it was crumbling.
Where the idea that it was pure sawdust is even coming from? Here is article describing whatever was in his eye as pieces of rocks and debris. We are spending time arguing over a false premise.
"Debris and pieces of rock were pulled out of the injured eye,..."
Mother, 6-year-old boy, made up story about being attacked by bullies in Washington

The wood chips used at the school playground where I used to teach was often referred to as sawdust and the fiber particles are small enough to qualify. That would be my guess if he indeed fell.

ETA oops I'm tardy for the discussion lol

I don't care about crumbling concrete or sawdust. I care that the article says mother and 6 year old boy lied about how he was injured (bullies) and that social services has been contacted. Those are the things that make me think this was no clumsy tumble down the steps. I will still wait to see. We might never hear anything, but I don't think it's that simple. At best, it might have been a story made up to raise money for the bills that wouldn't be covered from just falling down the steps. But any way you slice it, it seems not ok. Opinion.

Where the idea that it was pure sawdust is even coming from? Here is article describing whatever was in his eye as pieces of rocks and debris. We are spending time arguing over a false premise.
"Debris and pieces of rock were pulled out of the injured eye,..."
Mother, 6-year-old boy, made up story about being attacked by bullies in Washington
The mother and the boy both being untruthful? I smell a big rat. Is there a boyfriend in the picture and do his knuckles match up to marks on the child?

Amateur speculation and opinion.
That child needs to go to a safe relative until the truth comes out.

The child was not beat up by anyone, according to the police. Not sure why people keep on speculating that he was, when police said he wasn't. I am pretty sure doctors treating him could tell if the injuries were consistent with beating or not. My guess is the injuries were not consistent with beating at all.

The child was not beat up by anyone, according to the police. Not sure why people keep on speculating that he was, when police said he wasn't. I am pretty sure doctors treating him could tell if the injuries were consistent with beating or not. My guess is the injuries were not consistent with beating at all.

Child and mother initially claimed child was jumped

I know what child and mother initially claimed, but police statement said the child was not assaulted and injuries were result of a fall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back