JonBenet case attention

I don't think it was staged. I just want to be clear.
You don't think what was staged? You said earlier "I thought somehow a paint brush was used with the material found around her neck." If you haven't really followed the case and you don't seem to be sure about what items were used (cord and paintbrush, btw), how can you think this aspect of the crime was or wasn't staged. I'm not trying to be a snarky, really, I just like to know how people come to their conclusions. Some opine that the strangulation was done to cover up the blow to the head that had occurred earlier; in other words, someone thought she was already deceased?

I’ve been puzzling over the ‘order of injury’ and cause of death as well.
I think it is likely that the garrotte/strangulation is a diversion away from death being caused by a brain injury.
There is no good logical explanation for doing this, that I can see, except fantastical, spur of the moment (non-premeditated) thinking that was looking for some way out of taking responsibility for the head insult. So, I think the correct order of injury is 1. Blow to head with loss of consciousness and 2. Application of neck ligature to take our attention.
I think these are important details to define in order to understand the ‘how’ and ‘why’ of this case. But what of the ‘who’?

The way I see it someone has staged JonBenet's death, even if it was an intruder.

Why, because the parents said they put a sleeping JonBenet to bed, then they all went to bed themselves and when they awoke, JonBenet was gone !

So even if an Intruder did it all, the Intruder assaulted, asphyxiated and redressed JonBenet, wrapped her in a blanket then left her in the wine-cellar, foregoing his ransom reward!

Yet there is Zero forensic evidence relating to intruders to be found elsewhere in the house , including JonBenet's bedroom, also we know the dna sample found in JonBenet's underwear is a mixture of at least six separate people !

The bottom line is that an Intruder scenario is very unlikely indeed, but if you prefer an Intruder Theory then it will help to explain why the Intruder staged the wine-cellar crime-scene and deliberately left JonBenet behind?

Conventionally its assumed JonBenet was sexually assaulted then whacked on the head before being ligature asphyxiated. That is JonBenet's homicide is sexually motivated.

If JonBenet's internal injury had been intended as some form of staging then why was she wiped down and redressed thereby hiding everything?

So just about everything related to JonBenet in the wine-cellar has been staged, all fabricated with one purpose: to deceive investigators as to the true circumstances surrounding JonBenet's death !

All three remaining resident Ramsey's are linked by various forensic evidence directly to JonBenet in the wine-cellar, so a case can be made for any one of them or all three in tandem.

Who indeed.

I agree with your 1 and 2 . I think it's safe to add eating pineapple to position 1 and shift those to 2 and 3, Freya?

You don't think what was staged? You said earlier "I thought somehow a paint brush was used with the material found around her neck." If you haven't really followed the case and you don't seem to be sure about what items were used (cord and paintbrush, btw), how can you think this aspect of the crime was or wasn't staged. I'm not trying to be a snarky, really, I just like to know how people come to their conclusions. Some opine that the strangulation was done to cover up the blow to the head that had occurred earlier; in other words, someone thought she was already deceased?

I was saying I don't think it was staged to protect Burke. I was referring a comment I made about covering up fight between siblings where the fight ended with someone dead or believed to be from a head wound or some that wasn't intentional. People die from slipping in a bathtub and hitting their heads, siblings fight. I feel like using a broken paintbrush with a rope or fabric (was it from an American Girl Doll?) is not something you do to cover up a crime and it's also very gruesome if you picture doing it to your own child. I used to follow this case. I grew up hearing about it on the news and reading about it in tabloids. I don't agree with blaming Burke Ramsey. He was a kid.

The way I see it someone has staged JonBenet's death, even if it was an intruder.

Why, because the parents said they put a sleeping JonBenet to bed, then they all went to bed themselves and when they awoke, JonBenet was gone !

So even if an Intruder did it all, the Intruder assaulted, asphyxiated and redressed JonBenet, wrapped her in a blanket then left her in the wine-cellar, foregoing his ransom reward!

Yet there is Zero forensic evidence relating to intruders to be found elsewhere in the house , including JonBenet's bedroom, also we know the dna sample found in JonBenet's underwear is a mixture of at least six separate people !

The bottom line is that an Intruder scenario is very unlikely indeed, but if you prefer an Intruder Theory then it will help to explain why the Intruder staged the wine-cellar crime-scene and deliberately left JonBenet behind?

Conventionally its assumed JonBenet was sexually assaulted then whacked on the head before being ligature asphyxiated. That is JonBenet's homicide is sexually motivated.

If JonBenet's internal injury had been intended as some form of staging then why was she wiped down and redressed thereby hiding everything?

So just about everything related to JonBenet in the wine-cellar has been staged, all fabricated with one purpose: to deceive investigators as to the true circumstances surrounding JonBenet's death !

All three remaining resident Ramsey's are linked by various forensic evidence directly to JonBenet in the wine-cellar, so a case can be made for any one of them or all three in tandem.[/QUOTE

It was Dr Wecht who hypothesized a sex-game strangulation gone wrong followed by a coverup head blow based on small amount of intracranial bleed (approx 7 cc). Later Dr Spitz reversed the likely order of injury to head blow followed by a staged strangulation based on the degree of cerebral swelling. He estimated an hour could have occurred between the events with his findings. This seems to be accepted theory.Does anyone know if Dr Wecht has revised his theory?

Cherry, you are entitled to your opinion, but please don't give the reason that it's because he was a child or that you can't comprehend how anyone could do what was done here. Those are not valid reasons. People, children included, kill children every day in horrible ways. You and I didn't know this family. We don't know what was going on. We have to put feelings like that to the side. We can't assume everyone is rational and sane. We have to follow the evidence as best we can. -just my opinion only

It was Dr Wecht who hypothesized a sex-game strangulation gone wrong followed by a coverup head blow based on small amount of intracranial bleed (approx 7 cc). Later Dr Spitz reversed the likely order of injury to head blow followed by a staged strangulation based on the degree of cerebral swelling. He estimated an hour could have occurred between the events with his findings. This seems to be accepted theory.Does anyone know if Dr Wecht has revised his theory?
This is true Freya, Dr Spitz opines that BR hit JBR with flashlight.

Yes I expect ingestion of pineapple preceded the death scene. What intrigues me is the temerity with which both Patsy and Burke inspect the photos of pineapple chunks. I can feel their guilt.

Cherry, you are entitled to your opinion, but please don't give the reason that it's because he was a child or that you can't comprehend how anyone could do what was done here. Those are not valid reasons. People, children included, kill children every day in horrible ways. You and I didn't know this family. We don't know what was going on. We have to put feelings like that to the side. We can't assume everyone is rational and sane. We have to follow the evidence as best we can. -just my opinion only

He didn't write the ransom note. I feel like the parents are responsible. That's one thing that keeps people interested in this case is how they are probably guilty but there are moments when you doubt it. If a kid is abusing their sibling sexual or otherwise and they end up killing them, parents that weren't trying to cover-up their own behavior would get them help. JMO.

Yes! and how PR doesn't recognize her own dishes!
UKGuy opines that that the sexual assault happened before the blow to the head. I must think about this..

He didn't write the ransom note. I feel like the parents are responsible. That's one thing that keeps people interested in this case is how they are probably guilty but there are moments when you doubt it. If a kid is abusing their sibling sexual or otherwise and they end up killing them, parents that weren't trying to cover-up their own behavior would get them help. JMO.
We would hope so, but what could motivate them to NOT get help? That is what we must ask ourselves, Cherry! Take a gander at the Grand jury true bills..maybe they can shed some light for you...

We would hope so, but what could motivate them to NOT get help? That is what we must ask ourselves, Cherry! Take a gander at the Grand jury true bills..maybe they can shed some light for you...
Send me a link.

It's not anything new, right?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back