GUILTY AK - Ashley Johnson-Barr, 10, Kotzebue, 6 Sep 2018 *Arrest*

FBI teams up with Troopers for investigation into missing Kotzebue girl

[....]

According to AST, 10-year-old Ashley Johnson-Barr was last seen at Rainbow Park at 6 p.m., leaving on her own. While she was seen headed in the direction of her home, just 4 to 5 blocks away, authorities say she never made it there.

[....]

Staci Feger-Pellessier, spokesperson with the FBI, said that four federal agents were going up to Kotzebue Monday, and more were expected to arrive Tuesday pending any developments in the case.

[....]

The Northwest Arctic Borough, which assisted in volunteer search efforts, called for anyone to help if they could, saying yesterday that they "are calling on all able-bodied volunteers in town."

The following FB page was linked in the article above.

Northwest Arctic Borough

Thank you to everyone who volunteered their time, leg work and assistance today. The organized search is completed for the evening, though again, specialized teams will continue the search through the night.
We are calling on all able-bodied volunteers in town to report to the NWAB Assembly Chambers again tomorrow at 10 am, when the search efforts will continue in mass.
Taikuu to everyone who has volunteered this weekend, and to all who will persist in our strenuous efforts to find Ashley. We continue to ask for thoughts and prayers for Ashley, her family, and loved ones.

I went through the list of registered sex offenders in that area from the link that was posted above and did find someone fairly new added to the list less than a month ago. I used the zip code to locate the list of offenders. This person was on the 2nd page and his charge was sexual assault of a minor.
Definitely needs to be checked out if they haven't already. MOO

I went through the list of registered sex offenders in that area from the link that was posted above and did find someone fairly new added to the list less than a month ago. I used the zip code to locate the list of offenders. This person was on the 2nd page and his charge was sexual assault of a minor.
Definitely needs to be checked out if they haven't already. MOO
I hope the FBI will be all over it.

FBI teams up with Troopers for investigation into missing Kotzebue girl

[....]

According to AST, 10-year-old Ashley Johnson-Barr was last seen at Rainbow Park at 6 p.m., leaving on her own. While she was seen headed in the direction of her home, just 4 to 5 blocks away, authorities say she never made it there.

[....]

Staci Feger-Pellessier, spokesperson with the FBI, said that four federal agents were going up to Kotzebue Monday, and more were expected to arrive Tuesday pending any developments in the case.

[....]

The Northwest Arctic Borough, which assisted in volunteer search efforts, called for anyone to help if they could, saying yesterday that they "are calling on all able-bodied volunteers in town."

I read in an early article (which would have been from a link here) that Ashley's phone was found in the opposite direction from her phone. I don't think there's been confirmation of where she lives, but if that isn't faulty reporting, then it seems a major thing for her phone to be found in the opposite direction from that which she was seen headed. That does make me fear that Ashley didn't wander off voluntarily :-/

Troopers write that the girl was last seen leaving Rainbow Park at 6 p.m. Thursday, wearing a pink sweater and jeans.

Leaving from where, was she on foot, bike or car. Does anyone know where she was headed? For those of us who aren't familiar with area, what it dark at that time? Also does anyone what was the weather like?

We get so little info these days it makes it really hard to help, especially when we aren't in a position to help search etc.
We are from Kotzebue but don’t live there right now.. the town is small. The only way to ingress and egress is by plane but the water is open and me a boat can get to other places. This is wilderness ... I hate to say it but things like this are not normal. It would not have been dark, she was on foot. Town is only a mile and a half long. Virtually surrounded by water but everyone knows swimming season is over .. the nights are getting cold to the point where puddles will start freezing over soon. Snow will fly soon.. it’s about 40 miles above the arctic circle.
I was shocked to find this.

We are from Kotzebue but don’t live there right now.. the town is small. The only way to ingress and egress is by plane but the water is open and me a boat can get to other places. This is wilderness ... I hate to say it but things like this are not normal. It would not have been dark, she was on foot. Town is only a mile and a half long. Virtually surrounded by water but everyone knows swimming season is over .. the nights are getting cold to the point where puddles will start freezing over soon. Snow will fly soon.. it’s about 40 miles above the arctic circle.
I was shocked to find this.

Welcome!!

This little boy was last seen on a Saturday afternoon and reported missing late Sunday afternoon. I thought that was interesting, and shows the pace of these remote villages.

4/10/2013 The Parents thought they had to wait 24 hours to report their son missing:

Kotzebue police say a 7-year-old local boy last seen Saturday was found dead, pinned by ice against a sea wall, hours after he was reported missing Sunday afternoon.

<modsnip: snipped to comply with 10% copyright rule>

police haven't been immediately notified of any memorial plans for the boy.

04/10/13 -- 13:15: Alaska News

Last edited by a moderator:
Sept. 11, 2018, at 1:32 a.m

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Officials say 10 FBI agents are traveling to a northwest Alaska town to assist in a search for a missing 10-year-old girl.

The Anchorage Daily News reports Ashley Johnson-Barr was last seen at a park playground in Kotzebue on Thursday evening.

Kotzebue Police Chief Thomas Milliette said in a statement that her cellphone was found in the street about half a mile from the park.

FBI spokeswoman Staci Feger-Pellessier said the agents were scheduled to arrive in the town Tuesday.

Alaska State Troopers are leading the investigation into Johnson-Barr's disappearance. Spokesman Jonathan Taylor says troopers asked the FBI for assistance in the search.

At least 50 volunteers were searching for the girl Monday with support from other local, state and federal agencies.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...ch-for-10-year-old-girl-missing-from-kotzebue

Attachments

• Dmw5LWhU8AABAl_.jpg
    Dmw5LWhU8AABAl_.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Dmw5LWhVAAAQO8W.jpg
    Dmw5LWhVAAAQO8W.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Dmw5LWXVAAAX4v5.jpg
    Dmw5LWXVAAAX4v5.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 52
  • Dmw5LWZU4AET4Ei.jpg
    Dmw5LWZU4AET4Ei.jpg