Hurricane Florence - September 2018

Florence is expected to produce total rainfall accumulations of 15 to 20 inches in some areas and possibly 30 inches in isolated locations along the storm's track.

If Florence stalls, some areas could see record storm rainfalls. Record flooding could reach into Georgia, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Ohio.

"It doesn't matter if it hits as a Category 3 or Category 4 storm, it's going to be a huge storm with major flooding, major storm surge."

636722620774201260-091118-Florence-Path-11am-Online.png

636722630623819474-091118-Rainfall-forecast-huricane-florence-Online.png

Massive Hurricane Florence 'is going to be a direct hit' on Carolinas

Last edited:
lol what?

I love this.

ha although not directly impacted this stuff creates anxiety - I know the hell they are living in

so it like anger -- don't move everyone inland right where she is gonna stall and flood out you morons

your just morons

msnbc

just had Honore (Love love love love ) he saved New orleans ultimately

incredible info

Florence has completely knocked out of service our biggest (way more than one) military ships planes boats bases etc etc) they all are gone - evacuated

Now I want all fellow americans to feel very fine today

fema has provided one massive base with 34 generators that is not a typo missing a bunch of zeros sorry

so everyone is fine

34 generators

vomit

800 000 water do the math

17 top fema positions have never been filled

1200 cots - it is with regret that is not a typo

whew

i feel so much better for each of you

they should not even release such insulting data while everyone is carrying on about how ready everyone is

feeling queasy again bye

Given that the coast where landfall is expected to occur is extremely low-lying and marshy, it's anyone's guess how far inland the storm surge could go. From what I've read this area hasn't had many direct hits so there may not be many previous events for comparison.

Thanks CARIIS....it must have been MSNBC......the report said they were cutting off water at 6 p.m. and would not answer 911 calls from the area under mandatory evacuation.

I’ve got a good friend in Chowan County in northern NC east of Edenton who has evacuated with her horses to family north of DC. She lives along the Chowan River and was debating yesterday whether to stay or go. I’m glad she went. I hope it doesn’t take her weeks to be able to come home. We are due to visit her from Oregon in early November, so we will get a look at the damage first hand. :(

Hi everyone (waves!). Central NC here, anxiously watching and waiting and hoping for the best for our coastal brethren. Chapel Hill schools are already closed on Thursday; Wake and Durham are dismissing early. Grocery stores decimated and little to no gas here.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back