Madeleine McCann Disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freya2

Reaction score
This is the unsolved case of a 4 year old girl who was reported missing from her parents’ holiday residence in Portugal on May 3, 2007. Her siblings sleeping in same room were not disturbed. Madeleine’s parents had made the fateful decision to leave their children unattended while they were dining 5-8 minutes away at a resort bar with friends.
She had apparently been kidnaped some time in between parental checks. The competing theory is that this was a staged event to coverup
parental abuse.
This is just a brief overview.
I would be interested in views if anyone has been following this case.

One of the best and extremely intriguing analysis of this case is a podcast on YouTube by "Those Conspiracy Guys". They also do great episodes on JFK, Robert Kennedy, 9/11. And they are from Ireland, so its interesting to get opinions on cases by people from a different country

I follow this case with an almost fervent obsession. I am a retired Detective Chief Inspector and have investigated many Murders and therefore I am an accredited Senior Investigative Officer (SIO)

Initially I believed the abduction theory albeit I had a few niggling questions and I actually offered Gerry McCann my volunteer services to look over the investigation with a fresh pair of eyes. GMcC subsequently contacted me ,however , within days of this , Scotland Yard announced a full enquiry and investigative team to look at the circumstances surrounding Madeleines disappearance.

Time has now passed by and a LOT more information has become available and brought into the public domain. Most notably, the PJ files which include a full witness list and accompanying statements etc

Having now had the opportunity to peruse this wealth of information and forensic evidence , I no longer believe that Madeline was abducted and that she was in fact either the subject of a tragic accident with full parental knowledge , which resulted in her death or something even more sinister befell her, again with full parental knowledge. And finally, either way, the ‘abduction’ theory was just that a theory or should I say a ‘cover up’!
All my own personal opinion and supposition and not a representative opinion of anyone other than myself.

I follow this case with an almost fervent obsession. I am a retired Detective Chief Inspector and have investigated many Murders and therefore I am an accredited Senior Investigative Officer (SIO)

Initially I believed the abduction theory albeit I had a few niggling questions and I actually offered Gerry McCann my volunteer services to look over the investigation with a fresh pair of eyes. GMcC subsequently contacted me ,however , within days of this , Scotland Yard announced a full enquiry and investigative team to look at the circumstances surrounding Madeleines disappearance.

Time has now passed by and a LOT more information has become available and brought into the public domain. Most notably, the PJ files which include a full witness list and accompanying statements etc

Having now had the opportunity to peruse this wealth of information and forensic evidence , I no longer believe that Madeline was abducted and that she was in fact either the subject of a tragic accident with full parental knowledge , which resulted in her death or something even more sinister befell her, again with full parental knowledge. And finally, either way, the ‘abduction’ theory was just that a theory or should I say a ‘cover up’!
All my own personal opinion and supposition and not a representative opinion of anyone other than myself.
Thankyou for posting up your opinion and take on the case.
I have also followed this case for quite a few years and agree with what you say about what probably happened to Madeleine.
Have you looked at Jill Havern's forum on it all? Lots of information there.
Here is some of the latest
(quote)
  • EXCLUSIVE: Operation Grange, which has cost £11m, is set to finish this month
  • No fresh request has been made to continue the operation from the Home Office
  • Madeleine McCann was snatched from Praia da Luz in Portugal in May 2007

The parents of Madeleine McCann fear the costly police hunt into their daughter's disappearance could be shelved within three weeks by the new Home Secretary.
Hunt for Madeleine McCann could be shelved within THREE WEEKS: Missing girl’s parents fear search may end abruptly as funding runs out with no new lea

Hi,
That's very interesting. I have sometimes wondered if the parents, wanting to settle the child in a hurry so they could go out for dinner, may have administered some sort of sedative medication. Bearing in mind that they were both medical practitioners, it would seem strange that they might give the child an overdose by accident, but perhaps it's a possibility. The motivation to hide the facts would come from the fear of one, or both, of them being struck off, the dire financial consequences of that, the probable prison sentence, and the public humiliation.
Prior to reading your comment I've always perceived Kate McCann's behaviour to be fairly typical of a mother who's lost a child in such cruel circumstances. She has a gaunt, haunted look, as if she's permanently in shock and mildly sedated. Gerry McCann, on the other hand, has always appeared a bit too 'in control'. The first time I saw him interviewed, when it first happened, I do recall wondering how he could be so calm in the face of his little girl being abducted. He's a surgeon, a person trained to be unemotional in a crisis, but in that situation I'd defy any human being to remain as unmoved and eloquent as he was only a few hours after his child had been taken.
I'd be interested to hear what you think might have taken place. : )

Thanks Angleterre for your comprehensive response. I am a MD so, besides the fascinating forensic evidence and behavioural evidence, I can relate to them as people and professionals.
If she died in that holiday unit, I wonder what was the factor which kept the parents from reporting this? Were they afraid that a forensic autopsy of the body would uncover some uncomfortable and felonious truth? A lot of injuries and even overdose could be explained away as totally accidental. If there was physical evidence of sexual abuse, this would be a glaring anomaly. Of interest Kate specifically mentions her daughter’s “perfect little genitalia” in her book. Was she trying to emphasize that there had been no sexual abuse? If there was sexual abuse occurring, I am surprised that the McCann’s marriage remains intact. So, I’m still trying to envisage a reasonable scenario where it would be better to stage a disappearance/kidnaping versus reporting a death.
The video of the cadaver and blood dogs are fascinating and impressive. I know Kate and Gerry were quite distainful about the dogs.
Have the parents been asked to do a polygraph?
I would expect innocent people to welcome a polygraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard