Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO kids being sick that frequently is not unusual. I think it’s a stretch to say she had MBP. My youngest daughter was sick constantly for the first 2 yrs of her life. My oldest was in daycare and seemed to always be sick. Kids are germy.
It may be a stretch to say she had MBP and none of us are qualified to diagnose her. But my mind went there when there was a discussion about MIL leaving nuts out when children had allergies and also giving one grandchild ice cream with nuts in front of the one that couldn't have it. There was a lot of finger pointing at MIL. My first thought was there's another side to this story...

We now have a VI who has expressed some support of CW at least in *some* way, as well as clear permission under TOS to be able to think about/discuss the possibility that CW may be telling the truth or maybe even only partial truth. Regardless I don’t think anyone believes CW isn’t guilty of at least something- he’s confessed to killing SW (and Nico) and disposing of the bodies and lying to police about it. So I think basically any human would agree he’s got a problem even with that alone. And that NOONE deserves to be murdered, nor their bodies mistreated, disrespected. Hopefully we can move forward with that assumption. I feel like we’re spinning our wheels a bit here.

It’s an interesting exercise to consider the scenario where he might be telling the truth. As I’ve pondered his side of the story and played the proverbial devil’s advocate (hate that word here), I consider the possibility of what if CW had a breakdown after the murders that early morning and panicked- totally cracked- and that’s why he tried to cover things up the way he did and lied to the police. Is it possible he was absolutely terrified, as opposed to his actions ONLY pointing to a nefarious coverup that can only point to him having killed all of them. He could have had a mental breakdown. I’m sure there is some professional psychological term for it.

Michael Moore, the political one, once told Bill Maher (I think it was Maher) that he watched Fox news all the time. Despite the fact Moore is extremely left-leaning. Moore said something to the effect of- of course, why would he not want to see what the other side is arguing so he could know how to form his own rebuttals. Kind of what the prosecution has to do here anyway.

JMO.

(why are my posts always so long.... ugh. Sorry.)

It may be a stretch to say she had MBP and none of us are qualified to diagnose her. But my mind went there when there was a discussion about MIL leaving nuts out when children had allergies and also giving one grandchild ice cream with nuts in front of the one that couldn't have it. There was a lot of finger pointing at MIL. My first thought was there's another side to this story...
As a grandmother would you take that chance, to prove your daughter in law, wrong?

He confessed to the murder of his unborn son.

I’m not arguing his guilt—although I believe we are free to do that here, in a respectful way.
I was saying that IMO suggesting his version of events is true is not victim-shaming.
Imagine you’re on a jury & you’re debating both prosecution/defense’s sides with your peers.

We now have a VI who has expressed some support of CW at least in *some* way, as well as clear permission under TOS to be able to think about/discuss the possibility that CW may be telling the truth or maybe even only partial truth. Regardless I don’t think anyone believes CW isn’t guilty of at least something- he’s confessed to killing SW (and Nico) and disposing of the bodies and lying to police about it. So I think basically any human would agree he’s got a problem even with that alone. And that NOONE deserves to be murdered, nor their bodies mistreated, disrespected. Hopefully we can move forward with that assumption. I feel like we’re spinning our wheels a bit here.

It’s an interesting exercise to consider the scenario where he might be telling the truth. As I’ve pondered his side of the story and played the proverbial devil’s advocate (hate that word here), I consider the possibility of what if CW had a breakdown after the murders that early morning and panicked- totally cracked- and that’s why he tried to cover things up the way he did and lied to the police. Is it possible he was absolutely terrified, as opposed to his actions ONLY pointing to a nefarious coverup that can only point to him having killed all of them. He could have had a mental breakdown. I’m sure there is some professional psychological term for it.

Michael Moore, the political one, once told Bill Maher (I think it was Maher) that he watched Fox news all the time. Despite the fact Moore is extremely left-leaning. Moore said something to the effect of- of course, why would he not want to see what the other side is arguing so he could know how to form his own rebuttals. Kind of what the prosecution has to do here anyway.

JMO.

IMO he nullified any chance of having a breakdown by his smiling and preening behaviour on his interview videos so soon after this 'breakdown'.

I’m not arguing his guilt—although I believe we are free to do that here, in a respectful way.
I was saying that IMO suggesting his version of events is true is not victim-shaming.
Imagine you’re on a jury & you’re debating both prosecution/defense’s sides with your peers.

I can't say it any better than @MassGuy

“My wife strangled the kids, so in my rage, I strangled her.
I didn’t call 911 in an effort to save them, instead, I just decided to accept that they were dead.

In the panic during the aftermath of losing the two children that I so dearly loved, I became concerned for myself. I can’t spend the rest of my life behind bars.

At the very least, my kids deserve a decent burial, at a place where I can go to visit them. What better place than a couple of oil tanks? I can go to work everyday, and I’ll be able to glance over at the place where I lovingly placed them.”

So this is what you would have us believe Mr. Watts!?

JMO.

Good post.

I didnp’t call 911 in an effort to save them, instead, I just decided to accept that they were dead.

In the panic during the aftermath of losing the two children that I so dearly loved, I became concerned for myself. I can’t spend the rest of my life behind bars.

At the very least, my kids deserve a decent burial, at a place where I can go to visit them. What better place than a couple of oil tanks? I can go to work everyday, and I’ll be able to glance over at the place where I lovingly placed them.”

But... but she took her children to the doctors too often and she squirted water in a child's face and she posted happy videos.

I’ve been having trouble pulling up all her coverage on YouTube...Can somebody pretty please post the correct links of her broadcasts on this case? Tia.
I’m not aware of any sites to get the entire program, but there are clips available on both the Crime and Justice with Ashley Banfield fb page and twitter page.

I didn’t call 911 in an effort to save them, instead, I just decided to accept that they were dead.

OK. But we are allowed to discuss both sides & have been asked to be respectful when doing so, regardless of what we personally believe.

He confessed to the murder of his unborn son.
I would like to know who is responsible for the girl’s deaths and IMO I see CW as a main care giver . Especially with her trips out of town for lengthy periods with and without him and high demanding job which required her to do probably 50 plus hours devoted to it. That’s IMO why it was necessary for children to be in daycare , so she could work (as a lot of moms do) but with most pics and videos he is displayed as the dishwasher , lawnmower , cooking, feeding girls much more than her. She has stated “the girls are driving me nuts “ too many times to count on SM. She is very insultful to him in a lot of videos . Her family has stated she was “fiery” . IMO she would not have taken news of separation very well. Just as we have looked at CW she needs investigated for the girls murders as well since we have no confession .

But... but she took her children to the doctors too often and she squirted water in a child's face and she posted happy videos.

Yeah, the defense is screwed. The good thing about all of the negative posts about SW is the prosecution will have a good idea about what the defense will try to pull. IMO, this will make the jury hate CW even more.

Do thrive bars have nuts ? I had wondered about that . I knew the family ate them as per SM and had them in the house

And nothing will explain him dumping his little girls dead bodies in filthy oil vats. I don't know how people can just ignore that and focus on her videos.

Nothing can or will explain any of this IMO..I really don't know what people are ignoring or focusing on because there's so many posts I miss because I'm not on here every day.

As a grandmother would you take that chance, to prove your daughter in law, wrong?
I'm not a grandmother, but hope I'm lucky enough to be one day. My goal would be to respect the wishes of my DIL/SIL/S/D in regard to their children.

I have a problem with a grandmother intentionally putting her grandchild in harm's way and that's why my mind went to 'there must be another side to the story'. IMO

Yeah, the defense is screwed. The good thing about all of the negative posts about SW is the prosecution will have a good idea about what the defense will try to pull. IMO, this will make the jury hate CW even more.
IMO her videos opened up the possibility to me personally she could have done it. So if I were on the jury I question her more and can see her as a suspect . I could personally never grasp he killed the kids beforehand . So her strangling then fits that scenario . I think the scene was messy . I think he may have panicked and tried to cover up bc fear of no one believing him. Watching his videos I see he was nervous the smile about the shirt was nerves and disbelief . I recall the Thayers smiling on their video . It’s a shock reaction by some .

And nothing will explain him dumping his little girls dead bodies in filthy oil vats. I don't know how people can just ignore that and focus on her videos.
And it doesn’t explain the fact that he intentionally impregnated her while having an affair with someone else or began an affair shortly after she became pregnant. He wasn’t being honest or honoring his vows, and that pretty much makes him not a victim, and very much responsible for the breakdown of their relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288