Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to take issue with everyone calling SW bossy, or I’m bossy and I don’t know it. I’ve been married a very long time, and I love my husband very much, but when it comes to running a household, the guy is clueless, always has been, always will be. For example, often times, out of the blue, someone is coming over, and the house is a little messy. Maybe a few dishes need to be done, there’s a load of laundry on the couch that needs to be folded, the floor needs to be vacuumed. Stuff like that. I’ll ask my husband for help, and if I don’t boss him around, he’ll go straight to the refrigerator and start cleaning it out. I’ve tried to explain to him to go for the obvious, but he just doesn’t get it. Same goes for sending him to the grocery store. He’ll buy margarine instead of butter, fertile brown eggs (the blood in the yolks makes me gag), pumpkin pie mix, instead of pumpkin pulp. I have to give him very specific lists, or he’ll come home with things I’ve never heard of before. Is that just my marriage or are other guys like that?

Sounds familiar....:rolleyes:

Women and men..our brains are just "wired" completely different.

AB 9/13/18
1.Defense has been filing motions with the court that require responses from DA. What will his defense be?
2. DA wants DNA swabs, photos, prints. Why they didn’t do that on the first day? Don’t know.
3. Defense complained DA was leaking information, DA responded that they didn’t. Defense is trying to shift the blame off of C.W.
4. Why does DA want all those prints and photos? DA is trying to cover all bases.
5. Defense wants to videotape everything.
6. DA’s defense of huge media interest is they blame it all on C.W. for going to the press in the first place, pleading with the public to help.
7. Defense requested a special commission to investigate.
8. Thousands of people are involved in this case. No way to determine who leaked. Sources can be anyone from the janitor who finds a document on a desk, to a filing clerk.
9. So much forensics involved in this case, many people will be involved.
10. It is very difficult to get info on this case, everyone is tight lipped.

Viewer Questions
1. Many people are behind C.W. Many people are against SW. Why? The majority back SW. Attorneys will be looking for people who can be fair and impartial to be on jury.
2. Seems like 2 different people did the killing. Wife was buried which shows remorse. The girls were dumped in oil barrels which shows the person who did it really didn’t care too much for them. It’s hard to say what his mindset was, it was an evil act, regardless.
3. What are the patches the Watts and all their friends wear. Supplements to help with energy and weight loss. AB has repeatedly called Thrive for interview, Thrive has refused to accept or return her
calls.
4. What was C.W. thinking during court appearance when he took a long deep breath while charges were being read? Nervous gesture or regret? Jury consultant says, when people take deep breaths, they are preparing for bad news. Deep emotional stress.
5. Have detectives made the decision to drain oil tanks to see if CW placed anything else in there? Needs to be considered. Things they’re looking for that they can’t find. Not sure if they can examine contents of flow of oil when it is flowing from one place to another. Maybe they were drained already, we don’t know. Can’t see the place without being there or flying over, or drone.

Back to show.
11. Jury consultant profiles C.W. His mind moved quickly in beginning, slowed down, later. He rambled, but gave irrelevant information. His affect was off when talking about the children. He’s taking a massive risk by throwing SW under the bus. He may anger the jury. Blaming the victim is a tough dance to do in front of a jury. Can backfire miserably.

Disagree. I have a friend who this happened to and I believe someone on this thread said it happened to her.
I actually had a friend who had an affair with someone in a long term relationship. Both the girlfriend and the mistress were pregnant at the same time and gave birth a month apart!

AB 9/13/18
1.Defense has been filing motions with the court that require responses from DA. What will his defense be?
2. DA wants DNA swabs, photos, prints. Why they didn’t do that on the first day? Don’t know.
3. Defense complained DA was leaking information, DA responded that they didn’t. Defense is trying to shift the blame off of C.W.
4. Why does DA want all those prints and photos? DA is trying to cover all bases.
6. DA’s defense of huge media interest is they blame it all on C.W. for going to the press in the first place, pleading with the public to help.
8. Thousands of people are involved in this case. No way to determine who leaked. Sources can be anyone from the janitor who finds a document on a desk, to a filing clerk.

Viewer Questions
1. Many people are behind C.W. Many people are against SW. Why? The majority back SW. Attorneys will be looking for people who can be fair and impartial to be on jury.
2. Seems like 2 different people did the killing. Wife was buried which shows remorse. The girls were dumped in oil barrels which shows the person who did it really didn’t care too much for them. It’s hard to say what his mindset was, it was an evil act, regardless.
3. What are the patches the Watts and all their friends wear. Supplements to help with energy and weight loss. AB has repeatedly called Thrive for interview, Thrive has refused to accept or return her
calls.
4. What was C.W. thinking during court appearance when he took a long deep breath while charges were being read? Nervous gesture or regret? Jury consultant says, when people take deep breaths, they are preparing for bad news. Deep emotional stress.
5. Have detectives made the decision to drain oil tanks to see if CW placed anything else in there? Needs to be considered. Things they’re looking for that they can’t find. Not sure if they can examine contents of flow of oil when it is flowing from one place to another. Maybe they were drained already, we don’t know. Can’t see the place without being there or flying over, or drone.

Back to show.
11. Jury consultant profiles C.W. His mind moved quickly in beginning, slowed down, later. He rambled, but gave irrelevant information. His affect was off when talking about the children. He’s taking a massive risk by throwing SW under the bus. He may anger the jury. Blaming the victim is a tough dance to do in front of a jury. Can backfire miserably.
Solid summary. Thanks!

Yes, I thought you might be referring to something he said while they were married. Before he killed her.
Maybe it was in reference to his claim that she killed the children. Or at least giving evidence to back it up. But knowing how often the children went to the Dr, there would have been evidence of this. Or at least the daycare would have noticed. They have to report and document every bruise or scratch.

@Bill Carson , I have a question. Do you think it would be a mistake for a defendant to move from a PD to a private defence attorney?

Hmmm......good question. If he had the money, then he should hire a private attorney, but that's going to cost a ton of money, which he doesn't have. And it can be a big problem if he hires a private attorney, then runs out of money and has to change attorneys.

ETA: You don't want to change horses mid-stream.

Last edited:
Maybe it was in reference to his claim that she killed the children. Or at least giving evidence to back it up. But knowing how often the children went to the Dr, there would have been evidence of this. Or at least the daycare would have noticed. They have to report and document every bruise or scratch.
The OP said it referred to his charge that she killed her kids. Of course he made sure she was dead before he claimed that.

Hmmm......good question. If he had the money, then he should hire a private attorney, but that's going to cost a ton of money, which he doesn't have. And it can be a big problem if he hires a private attorney, then runs out of money and has to change attorneys.

what about performance wise? do PD's tend to be as flamboyant in their defence as private attorneys? I'm thinking OJ and CA cases here? Do you think the defenses of either of these cases would have been different if handled by a PD? Thanks!

Ok, then in addition to this: As stated on SW social media, she announces that CW wants another child or they are trying to get pregnant(link?) Even with her open-book policy on social media, this seems like a highly private/TMI piece of information for a woman to share publicly, especially when she would be considered a high risk pregnancy. And supposedly, she magically conceives days later? (One of our WS members did the math.) I’ve questioned SW finding out the gender pre-15 weeks which is usually too early for sonograms. (Do you know if she had an amniocentesis?) Is it possible she was already pregnant when she publicly announced they were “trying” again? If so, that leads to another can of worms.
There was an ultrasound picture on SW's FB dated Aug. 8 2018, and gestation printed was 14 wks 6 days, so they possibly found out then.

I actually had a friend who had an affair with someone in a long term relationship. Both the girlfriend and the mistress were pregnant at the same time and gave birth a month apart!

On more than one occasion, as a teacher, I had students attending school, in the same grade, who were half siblings because of that exact scenario. Incredibly awkward.

AB 9/13/18

Viewer Questions
calls.

Back to show.

Thanks for taking the time again Layla, summarising HLN show.
Some interesting things there, worth many comments but going to go look at the linked motion first

Ok, then in addition to this: As stated on SW social media, she announces that CW wants another child or they are trying to get pregnant(link?) Even with her open-book policy on social media, this seems like a highly private/TMI piece of information for a woman to share publicly, especially when she would be considered a high risk pregnancy. And supposedly, she magically conceives days later? (One of our WS members did the math.) I’ve questioned SW finding out the gender pre-15 weeks which is usually too early for sonograms. (Do you know if she had an amniocentesis?) Is it possible she was already pregnant when she publicly announced they were “trying” again? If so, that leads to another can of worms.
Ding ding ding
Imo

ETA I'm wondering if the mode of conception was traditional...

This is a complete guess but when I read about the fingerprints/palm size etc, I thought about hand size. There is a difference between the size of a women’s hand vs the size of a mans.
ITA. I think the reason the DA has asked for finger and palm prints is to compare them to bruises photographed at autopsy. JMO

AB 9/13/18

Viewer Questions
calls.

Back to show.
Much appreciated Layla. Saved my ears once more! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member