Recovered/Located MI - Lavonda Marriott-Lockmiller, 15, Battle Creek, 16 Aug 2018

Battle Creek police search for teen missing nearly a month

Lavonda Marriott-Lockmiller, 15, was last seen August 16 walking away from a foster home on Freemont Street.
View attachment 145746View attachment 145748View attachment 145747
Police said family fear that Marriott-Lockmiller is in a dangerous situation and is possibly in need of help.

Police say the girl appears to willingly leave with "two younger black males" in a silver or gray car.

Although no one has spoken to Lavonda, her family has received some messages on social media apps but police say there is no way of knowing who is actually sending those messages.

Concern raised after mother of missing teen received cryptic texts
Marriott did get a text message from an unknown number this week and the sender claimed to be her daughter.

Marriot said, “She told me 'Yeah, mum I'm all right,' but she didn't say mom she said ‘mum’ m-u-m which doesn't sound like my daughter at all.”
Marriott replied and asked for a selfie as proof Lavonda was sending those messages and safe.

Instead of a picture, Marriott got an even more troubling response; “I advise,” the text said, Marriott stop searching for her daughter and putting up missing posters.

‘I am safe and happy.’ Family believes someone posed as missing teen in texts, cops say

[...]

One text message, which was sent last week, said “Hi mum it’s Lavonda,” police said, Fox29 reported. It also appeared to suggest that Marriott-Lockmiller’s mom should take down any signs urging for the safe return of the teenage girl.

“I advice [sic] you put down all post and fliers down mum because I am safe and happy where I am now,” the text said, according to Fox29.

[...]

But in his interview with WWMT, the police sergeant said Marriott-Lockmiller appeared to “voluntarily” leave her foster mother’s house, as evidenced by security footage at the residence on Aug. 16. He said the video shows her getting into a silver or gray car with “two black males” and driving off.

Police say the video also shows the trio taking cellphones, computers and a TV from her foster mother’s house, the Battle Creek Enquirer reported.

That's heartening to know she was found. Especially because they're not leaving it that, but are trying to figure out what happened.

Police release details of Battle Creek teen's disappearance
Lavonda Marriot Lockmiller, 15, was hiding out at a relative’s house, playing video games and watching movies for the last month while many were desperately trying to find the girl.

Battle Creek Police released the bizarre details of the girl’s disappearance Friday, after Marriott-Lockmiller was found safe and unharmed Thursday.

After the girl’s social media accounts went silent and her cell phone disconnected, investigators started to fear for the worst but now it seems Lavonda didn’t want to be found.

Had me fooled. It's good she was never in danger but jeez, could have texted "I'm okay but I left for X reason" instead of making it seem like some creeper got a hold of your phone.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back