TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it was evidence she was holding on to.

Also, it says "...in ziplock bags". Plural. If he did smoke, and he liked having different strains, he might have a few different bags of different types around, but again, that is someone who is a serious smoker. Someone who knows the difference between indica and sativa. Most recreational users keep a small amount in one stash area.

I have no issues if he smoked or not, if he did, that's his business. And if this weed is his, ok his business and doesn't have anything to do with the case. But finding it and circumstances finding it have me all :confused:.

JMO.

Yes, that is what I thought, and why I am confused. I'm still reading pages back and thought it might have already been covered.

That is just less than a half ounce of weed. That is not a casual smoker. That is for someone who either smokes every day or at least several times a week. A half ounce is going to run you maybe 140-150$, depending on quality and where you live.

There was less than 1/2 ounce of weed. 10 grams is .3 ounces. That is recreational use, if that. Hardly "hardcore" user. The amount is so negligible, it is barely worth a nod. Aside from the fact that the implication is that Mr. Jean was a habitual pot head. Which, I find hard to believe.

Also, it says "...in ziplock bags". Plural. If he did smoke, and he liked having different strains, he might have a few different bags of different types around, but again, that is someone who is a serious smoker. Someone who knows the difference between indica and sativa. Most recreational users keep a small amount in one stash area.

I have no issues if he smoked or not, if he did, that's his business. And if this weed is his, ok his business and doesn't have anything to do with the case. But finding it and circumstances finding it have me all :confused:.

JMO.

Yeah, it's crazy they tried to smear his reputation by doing that. It's totally irrelevant, such a base thing to try, and so low.

JMO.

Yeah, me too. :confused: I don't care if it belonged to him. He's not on trial here and she didn't have a warrant.

I don't even care that much if it was hers unless she was high at the time and/or while on duty.

Although I DO care if it was originally hers but LE is claiming it belonged to him.

Looks just as likely that the weed was hers. All the other items mentioned seem to be hers.
Yes and due to the fact that she is on the “Elite” narcotics team, she could she brought home her files. I do not know about the policies in her state, but normally no one is allowed to take home department paperwork. It is the property of the police department.
I am wondering something. Since she is a member of the Elite narcotics fires, was the DPD being utilized with that team? Of all teams on the force, it would seem that the narcotics team would be top of the list for that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/DPD-Researching-Gunshot-Detection-Technology-450313833.html?amp=y

Published at 5:18 PM CDT on Oct 10, 2017 | Updated at 5:57 PM CDT on Oct 10, 2017

There is interest in implementing technology in Dallas that can locate where gunshots are coming from. It's called ShotSpotter and it's already being used by police in other cities across the country.

The gunshot detection technology works very similar to cell phone towers in pinpointing locations of cell phones, only it's looking for bullets.

he new Dallas Police Chief Renee Hall says she wants to know more about ShotSpotter and how it can help fight crime.

Nathan Franklin owns New Swagg Fades N Styles in North Dallas and says he's an eyewitness to daily violence in the area.

I believe Amber
Looks like it's me & you Jim! It is absolutely awful that a very nice young man tragically lost his life so unexpectedly. However, I do not believe for one minute that AG intentionally meant to kill him. I've read almost every single comment on here & the vast majority on here want a murder charge, in my opinion I don't see one coming. I think what has stuck out to me the most reading these comments is how there seems to be such disdain for cops in general, which is frightening to me. There is a distinct lack of trust between police and many of the communities they serve. Where does it come from? Are there corrupt cops? Of course there are. Are there good cops? Of course. Do innocent cops get killed? Of course they do. I would much rather wait for the trial to happen, with everything laid out on the table. I will then decide for myself if AG is a murderer or not.

JMO.

Also would add that it was stupid of the PD to do this in their own interests. It gives the impression of corruption and impropriety. It does nothing to make the officer look better or more justified in what she did.

Yes, that is what I thought, and why I am confused. I'm still reading pages back and thought it might have already been covered.

That is just less than a half ounce of weed. That is not a casual smoker. That is for someone who either smokes every day or at least several times a week. A half ounce is going to run you maybe 140-150$, depending on quality and where you live.

Here in San Francisco that amount is between $60 and $100 depending on the strain and quality. I just checked on the app I buy it on.

Looks like it's me & you Jim! It is absolutely awful that a very nice young man tragically lost his life so unexpectedly. However, I do not believe for one minute that AG intentionally meant to kill him. I've read almost every single comment on here & the vast majority on here want a murder charge, in my opinion I don't see one coming. I think what has stuck out to me the most reading these comments is how there seems to be such disdain for cops in general, which is frightening to me. There is a distinct lack of trust between police and many of the communities they serve. Where does it come from? Are there corrupt cops? Of course there are. Are there good cops? Of course. Do innocent cops get killed? Of course they do. I would much rather wait for the trial to happen, with everything laid out on the table. I will then decide for myself if AG is a murderer or not.
Where does it come from? From incidents like cops busting into someone's apartment and murdering them. Do that enough times and yes, there will be a lack of trust.

Unless I'd called 911 I would never open my door to a member of law enforcement.

JMO.

He had a pretty intense job. If it actually belonged to him, he probably smoked some in the evening the way some people enjoy a drink or two.

a version of it passed in Tennessee this year I think and not sure where else
I thought Texas had but I haven't dug to verify

From the link:
"None of the legislation has been enacted so far."

These are the bills that were introduced. I'm asking where exactly is it legal to hit a protester with your car?

Where does it come from? From incidents like cops busting into someone's apartment and murdering them. Do that enough times and yes, there will be a lack of trust.

Unless I'd called 911 I would never open my door to a member of law enforcement.

Well, in this case, you can be shot just hanging out in your home.

And yes, Justine was killed by Killer Noor, after calling 911.

I have had some less than pleasant experiences with LEO myself...seems that "Thin Blue Line", is difficult to discern between LEO and criminals, sometimes.

Well, in this case, you can be shot just hanging out in your home.

And yes, Justine was killed by Killer Noor, after calling 911.

I have had some less than pleasant experiences with LEO myself...seems that "Thin Blue Line", is difficult to discern between LEO and criminals, sometimes.
Look at the numbers of people killed in their homes by police officers who were there to "help" them. Either for wellness checks or to take them to the hospital. It's frightening. I tell everyone I know to not call the cops if someone is in crisis. And of course, in this case no one did call the cops. No one asked for help. It sure doesn't sound like she was invited over. But here we are and another person is murdered in his own home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam