Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always thought the same thing.
Yeah, she knew she had a long way to go and it was already dark. I have 2 theories.

After getting the map drawn by the waitress, she walked out of the restaurant and asked a truck driver if she could sleep in his truck. Which ended up being her killer.

Or

The truck driver overheard Walker County Jane Doe and the waitress conversation inside the restaurant. (Maybe he was eating at a table and overheard their conversation). He knew she was lost and he probably followed her and offered her to sleep in his truck. And ended up murdering her. :(

This case has been linked to Orange Socks in Williamson County with happened on Halloween in 1979. There was a girl found dead on Oct. 29, 1981 in Iola, Grimes County, Texas. The Iola girls estimated age is 13-19 and was also wearing only jewelry (a gold ring made from a coin), however, a towel and pink bikini bottoms were found near her. It is estimated she could have been killed up to 5 years prior to her discovery. A Conroe 12 year old was found raped and strangled with no clothing on but still wearing her necklace. She was found on Sept 7, 1979 three days after she disappeared. Conroe is south of Huntsville on 45. If you take the 1696 exit (the area WCJD was found) it goes to hwy 39 near Iola. The girl in Conroe was killed in a subdivision so she wasn't found off a well traveled road like the others.

This case has been linked to Orange Socks in Williamson County with happened on Halloween in 1979. There was a girl found dead on Oct. 29, 1981 in Iola, Grimes County, Texas. The Iola girls estimated age is 13-19 and was also wearing only jewelry (a gold ring made from a coin), however, a towel and pink bikini bottoms were found near her. It is estimated she could have been killed up to 5 years prior to her discovery. A Conroe 12 year old was found raped and strangled with no clothing on but still wearing her necklace. She was found on Sept 7, 1979 three days after she disappeared. Conroe is south of Huntsville on 45. If you take the 1696 exit (the area WCJD was found) it goes to hwy 39 near Iola. The girl in Conroe was killed in a subdivision so she wasn't found off a well traveled road like the others.
Were the necklaces religious medals or crucifixes? Do we know?

Hello all. With the anniversary of our girls fateful night approaching. Would anyone locally be interested in meeting up to tidy up, place flowers, say a prayer? Possibly have lunch or coffee and share thoughts and ideas as a group? God Bless.

Hello all. With the anniversary of our girls fateful night approaching. Would anyone locally be interested in meeting up to tidy up, place flowers, say a prayer? Possibly have lunch or coffee and share thoughts and ideas as a group? God Bless.

I would love to! But I'm all the way in Las Vegas, Nevada

I have always wanted to visit her grave

This article says WCJD was seen by 3 witness. 1 from the Gas Station. And 2 from Hitching Post.

Walker County Jane Doe

I have always thought she was only seen by 2 witnesses. The owner of the gas station and the waitress from Hitching Post. The 3rd witness was from the Hitching Post as well. I'm curious to know what kind of interaction did they have with her.

This article says WCJD was seen by 3 witness. 1 from the Gas Station. And 2 from Hitching Post.

Walker County Jane Doe

I have always thought she was only seen by 2 witnesses. The owner of the gas station and the waitress from Hitching Post. The 3rd witness was from the Hitching Post as well. I'm curious to know what kind of interaction did they have with her.
The other was the Roach man. He passed away.

Were the necklaces religious medals or crucifixes? Do we know?
I don't believe anything was religious. WCJD was a square stone. Not sure of Orange Socks. The Iola girl had a coin ring and the Conroe girl had a butterfly necklace. The family said the Conroe girl also had a butterfly ring that wasn't found with her.

The bit about the culvert was incorrect. Someone must have been confusing her for Orange Socks, who was in a culvert.

I verified this with Detective Bean. He says that the exact spot where she was found is unknown because the topography and foliage has changed significantly since 1980. She was fairly close to highway, but the highway was only one lane in each direction in 1980. It has been widened to two lanes in each direction, so the spot where she was found is likely now covered by the pavement of the right-hand northbound lane.

He says his crime scene photos show no culvert, or any other landmarks that can reference her exact location to the highway as it appears today.

Carl,

I thought I remember seeing some coordinates of her location at some point within one of the published articles. Were these official as being published by authorities or was that just approximate location? I will try to find where I saw this. Regardless it gave a pretty good idea of where she was located and it has no doubt changed a lot between now and then. I have been unsuccessful in finding any mapping or arial images from that time frame of I45 and surrounding roads. Would love to see them if anyone does.

- Tx

Isn't the Hitchin Post sign still there? I was thinking it was the sign I saw when I came into Huntsville. I didn't pay much attention because I am always looking for Target so I don't miss the turn to the hospital.

Isn't the Hitchin Post sign still there? I was thinking it was the sign I saw when I came into Huntsville. I didn't pay much attention because I am always looking for Target so I don't miss the turn to the hospital.

Im not sure...I have to head through there in a few weeks I will let you know.

That would be great,but I’m 6 hours hours away.

It's such a lovely idea. I'm in Europe so I can't join you, but I think it's absolutely amazing how people remember and care about her. Hopefully this will be her last anniversary without a name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member