Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,

A bit of clarification.

Please, no more discussion on the viability of Shanann's company or whether her company was or wasn't a pyramid scheme. No more digging up documents or complaints or anything to do with the function of the company. The fact is Shanann's company is not what we are discussing.

If want to discuss if job stress may have contributed to Shanann and Chris' relationship problems please make sure it is in the realm of reality and not the Twilight Zone.

Thank you,
Tricia

I am posting the evidence we know of again as some have asked. If anyone has other evidence to add please copy and add.

Evidence of triple murder:

1. Dad claims he saw a blue child on a baby monitor at night.

2. The coincidence of two people, unrelated by blood, both reacting to something in a short span of time by losing their minds and committing homicide, defies reason.

3. The coincidence of those same people both committing homicide in the exact same manner -strangulation- is unlikely.

4. A father passionate enough with love for his children, to kill at the sight of them being harmed, would be desperate beyond reason to save them. But:
a. Dad failed to call 911 to try to save his children. Even if he thought they were beyond help, a parentslove is so intense they will desperately and irrationally try for help that will never come.
b. There is no account of him throwing off the mother and working desperately to revive them or resuscitate them. Hell, total strangers have performed CPR on a child's corpse in rigor. (Cooper Harris case). But a passionately loving dad didn't even try in this case?

5. The dad failed to call 911 after killing his wife in a supposed fury of emotion.

6. Dad also failed to run screaming onto the lawn for help or in anguish.
In cases of such Greek tragedy magnitude either 5 or 6 usually comes into play.

7. This entire scene - the "emotional argument", the vicious strangulation of two children, the father witnessing the incomprehensible and reacting with murderous fury and anguish - all of it was totally silent. Except for the poor dog howling that night. How do we know? Because the houses are in close proximity and neighbors mentioned hearing nothing but the dog the next day IIRC.

8. CW did not scream or wail in anguish so great that it caused him to murder his wife. Not one report of such sounds.

9. CW supposedly lost his mind in grief and anguish. However he regained it in moments in a manner that does not comport with a true mental break. In cases we have seen where people lose it and commit murder, they are typically either wailing on the lawn and to 911 operators or they are in an apparent psychotic state- not lying about what happened, not covering it up, not able to function normally at all. See thumbnail of Julie Schenecker as an example of what this looks like. Police interview Julie Schenecker after kids found dead

10. CW, after such an insanely, horrific Greek tragedy of a scene, calmly loaded up the bodies of his wife and children in order to conceal their deaths and dispose of them. We know this because a neighbor stated she witnessed him leaving. (No reports of wailing and she said, IIRC, the truck drove normally. So no veering, spinning of tires or other signs of lack of composure). And it's apparently on video.

11. CW, a man passionately in love enough with his kids to erupt in murderous rage when they're harmed, did not attempt to give them a burial that comports psychologically with the love and bond parents have with their kids. Death Rituals Reported by White, Black, and Hispanic Parents Following the ICU Death of an Infant or Child
A Global History of Child Death

12. Instead he dumps them in two separate vats of oil. Not together. No way to commemorate their lives. Concealed. Discarded. In a manner that veers from any known traditional burial rite of any kind.

13. CW went to work and monitored the ring video of his house. After the horrific Greek tragedy he just endured. He went to work. And monitored the video of his front door.

14. CW left a few voice messages and sent some texts to the wife he knew was dead, thus calmly concealing what happened.

15. CW calmly called SW's friend after she came to the door and he saw her on the ring video. He asked what was going on. We know this because he stated as much and this is corroborated by the friend.

16. CW rushed home - blowing stop signs and with beating heart, according to him- when CW came to the house and expressed alarm. The first time we have heard of a hint of emotion on his part since the horrific murders of his kids supposedly by his wife and his heat of passion killing of her, occurs when he the authorities are about to get involved.

17. CW cooly lied to the friend about where SW was supposed to be that day and why she wasn't at home. After he lost his mind the night before. He is calm and able to work to conceal those events.

18. There is not one hint of brief reactive psychosis or drug induced psychosis in CW's demeanor and behavior since 5:15 am the morning of the deaths, nor the next day as he gives calm and detailed interviews to the media. His pupils are normal. He is not slurring speech. He does not have a vacant stare. He exhibits no delusions or paranoia. He is not showing emotional lability. (I'm no expert in psychology but have seen a few psychotic people due to psychotic breaks or drugs and it's easy to research).

19. CW shows no anguish, depression, grief, concern, sadness or despair during his stoic media interviews, despite having supposedly been so deranged by his passionate love for his kids that he killed their attacker. His eyes are dry. Not red. No signs of puffiness from weeping. His face is smooth and calm. He looks well rested. No bags under his eyes. He smiles. He grins. He smirks. All with the knowledge that his insane wife savagely murdered his precious babies causing him to lose his mind with anguish. And with the knowledge that the people he loved so fiercely it caused him to kill, are rotting in separate vats of oil.

20. CW calmly and continuously lies to the media about the whereabouts of his dead wife and dead children.

21. CW systematically works with LE to track down his wife and kids. Brainstorming. Supplying numbers and addresses. Calling people. All the while knowing they are dead and decomposing.

22. CW is questioned and lies about having an affair. A motive in many murders of wives.

23. SW was pregnant. (A circumstance present in vast numbers of murders of spouses or parents by men).

24. Some people and report that CW seemed distant with his wife and kids in the weeks leading up to this monstrous event.

25. CW was not hospitalized for any reason after this tragedy.

A couple of things from the CO model jury instructions:

D:01 DIRECT AND CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE—NO DISTINCTION

A fact may be proven by either direct or circumstantial evidence. Under the law, both are acceptable ways to prove something. Neither is necessarily more reliable than the other.

E:03 PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE, BURDEN OF PROOF, AND REASONABLE DOUBT

Reasonable doubt means a doubt based upon reason and common sense which arises from a fair and rational consideration of all of the evidence, or the lack of evidence, in the case. It is a doubt which is not a vague, speculative or imaginary doubt, but such a doubt as would cause reasonable people to hesitate to act in matters of importance to themselves.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/Supreme_Court/Committees/Criminal_Jury_Instructions/2017/COLJI-Crim 2017 - Final.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_9693.JPG
    IMG_9693.JPG
    329.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9697.JPG
    IMG_9697.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 9
This is my current theory**, and I'm doing research to see how common this is. MOO.

* I will caution our VI's that they might want to scroll through this post.

[**Every time that I start typing my theory, I talk myself out of it because every theory seems to conflict with this or that evidence that we know, but here goes...]

One of them killed the children--I find it unimaginable that either would do it. However, based upon the way things turned out, I am going to assume that CW did it. And here's why....

I'm going to assume that if someone asked for a separation, it was SW rather than CW. (I won't go into all of the details at this point, but I suspect that SW wanted out. That's why she spent 5 or 6 weeks in NC with family---to confirm that this is what she wanted. Maybe it had to do with discovering he had an affair, or whatever.)

I going to assume that CW loved SW, and he loved the children even more. The six week separation from SW and the children was extremely painful for him. (Remember what he said in the interview about the quiet house? That's what he lived for five weeks.)

I think that SW told him when he went to NC that she wanted a separation (that's why he seemed distant and uninvolved.) She told him she was moving to NC and taking the girls.

I think the pain of of the thought of losing SW and the girls seemed to CW to be unendurable. He had one last weekend alone with the children while she was in AZ, and he stewed over it.

I think when she got back, he begged her not to go, and she told him she was sure she wanted a divorce and she was going to start packing for the move. I think they got into an argument or fight, and I don't have to explain what happened next. Alternatively, if he knew she was coming back only to leave again, the pain may have caused him to harm the daughters before she arrived.

It wasn't really premeditated, other than it was something that had occurred to him and he couldn't get out of his mind. The fear and pain of separation haunted him and drove him to do the unspeakable.

Afterward, he "stored" and "preserved" the children at a place that was near to his heart--at an oilfield site in a beautiful field of wildflowers.

So that's it---pain of separation of something he deeply loved.

ETA: He blamed the daughter's deaths on SW because he could not admit, even to himself, the unspeakable act that he had committed.

(No, this wasn't an appropriate response by him. He should have sought professional help.)

Here are the verified posters in the Watts Case,

Isalybra - verified friend of Shanann

Trinket78 - verified insider

Colorado303 - verified insider

Amandaa - verified lawyer

Mrspratcher. - verified lawyer

Amandaa and Mrspratcher are posting on the Watts thread, however, anywhere they would like to post as verified lawyers on Websleuths is perfectly fine.

You must treat all verified members on Websleuths with respect. If you don't believe them please scroll past. It is not OK for you to call out a verified member and challenge them as to whether or not they are telling the truth. This includes anything passive aggressive or posting in a way where you tapdance around what you really mean but we can all tell you are questioning the truthfulness of the verified member.

@Tricia

Can each thread have a sticky with the 3 V.I main comments that clarify questions answered and other things?

Or can we at least have a V.I thread where the only thing on there is a copy paste of their responses of pertinent information?

This way we don't have to stroll through 60 pages to see the V.I's input nor keep asking them the same questions over and over again.

Ok so I played around with this option and I can tell you it can't work mainly because of the time it will take to gather the posts and put them in a different thread.

BUT, there is no reason why anyone can't do exactly what I did when I started working on Dexter's suggestion. Make sure before you do this that you are in the Located forum. See in the upper right-hand corner you see a box that says "Search" In that box put in the VI"s name. Colorado303. Then you see a drop down box that gives you options. One option is "Posted by Member" and you put in the name of the VI again. Then you chose the option "Search this Forum Only" and you will get all of the VI's posts on one page. You have to click on each post to read it but that's it. You are all set. If you want to search an individual thread for all of the VI's posts go to that thread and search but instead of choosing "Search this Forum Only" you choose "Search this Thread Only".
Hope this makes sense.

If there was a way I could get all the VI's posts to copy over at the same time without having to click on each individual post to make a new thread it would be easy. You'll see how you have to click on each individual post to read. To copy a post we have to click on each individual post. After you clicked on each individual post you can then copy them over into the new thread. There are pages and pages of VI posts. It would take too long to do this. Best thing is for you to search for the posts.

Good morning! The thread is now open for discussion.

images

link for graphic

Yes, somebody killed the babies and it could have been either parent. If CW is convicted, I hope it is based on actual evidence rather than emotion. JMO

He will be convicted. He has confessed to the unlawful killing of Shanann Watts, and tampering with the human remains of Shanann Watts, Bella Watts and Celeste Watts. These are serious crimes with serious jail time. So either way he’s going to be staring at four walls for a very long time.

Whichever way you slice it, those babies are dead because of him. He could have restrained SW, he could have called 911, he could have performed CPR.

He could have screamed for help. He could have phoned a friend. He could have beat on the neighbors door. He could have helped those babies, period. Why didn’t he?

If you believe CW’s story, he is not a good guy. He is not a good father. Not that day. He is the worst of the worst. He has CONFESSED to killing his pregnant wife, CONFESSED to not seeking any help for his own children while they lay dying, CONFESSED to interfering with, transporting, dumping and concealing their bodies.

Chris Watts himself states that he did these things.

If his story is 100% true then may he rot in prison for the remainder of his natural life. His crimes are abhorrent.

So forgive me, but coconut bars given to a child who is not even allergic to coconut really doesn’t register on the Richter scale for many of us.

Little Celeste, who was so full of life and exuberance and joy, will never again eat another coconut bar.

I’ve never followed a case where I’ve watched people defend a confessed killer who, by his own admission, did absolutely nothing of any worth to save his children from immediate and deadly harm.

And that’s if you believe him.

JMO

He will be convicted. He has confessed to the unlawful killing of Shanann Watts, and tampering with the human remains of Shanann Watts, Bella Watts and Celeste Watts. These are serious crimes with serious jail time. So either way he’s going to be staring at four walls for a very long time.

Whichever way you slice it, those babies are dead because of him. He could have restrained SW, he could have called 911, he could have performed CPR.

He could have screamed for help. He could have phoned a friend. He could have beat on the neighbors door. He could have helped those babies, period. Why didn’t he?

If you believe CW’s story, he is not a good guy. He is not a good father. Not that day. He is the worst of the worst. He has CONFESSED to killing his pregnant wife, CONFESSED to not seeking any help for his own children while they lay dying, CONFESSED to interfering with, transporting, dumping and concealing their bodies.

Chris Watts himself states that he did these things.

If his story is 100% true then may he rot in prison for the remainder of his natural life. His crimes are abhorrent.

So forgive me, but coconut bars given to a child who is not even allergic to coconut really doesn’t register on the Richter scale for many of us.

Little Celeste, who was so full of life and exuberance and joy, will never again eat another coconut bar.

I’ve never followed a case where I’ve watched people defend a confessed killer who, by his own admission, did absolutely nothing of any worth to save his children from immediate and deadly harm.

And that’s if you believe him.

JMO

Thank you.

If he is telling the truth then rather than try to save his remaining child, he killed his pregnant wife and then disposed of all their bodies like garbage.

If he is lying then he killed 4 people and still disposed of their bodies like garbage.

I have never seen a case in which people have put so much stock in a confessed killer's word-and that is all we have right now. His word.

Frankly, I find it disconcerting.

Thank you.

If he is telling the truth then rather than try to save his remaining child, he killed his pregnant wife and then disposed of all their bodies like garbage.

If he is lying then he killed 4 people and still disposed of their bodies like garbage.

I have never seen a case in which people have put so much stock in a confessed killer's word-and that is all we have right now. His word.

Frankly, I find it disconcerting.
Yes, he lied and lied and lied and admitted nothing until he was cornered, and then he comes up with his 'truth', which he thinks absolves him of guilt.
I don't care what happened in that house, that night but once he dumped his little girls in crude oil points to his guilt in their murders.
And I don't care how many times she took them to doctors or how bossy she was, nothing will explain that to me.

I don't think anyone has questioned whether he killed everyone. A lot of us are trying to figure out WHY? WHY did this happen? He is not Scott Peterson. He seemed like a doting husband and father. We are just exploring what happened? And literally what happened in that house? However, every time someone starts that path...the response is "but crude oil" and "how is this pertinant"..."and that's not a reason for murder".

I don't think anyone has questioned whether he killed everyone. A lot of us are trying to figure out WHY? WHY did this happen? He is not Scott Peterson. He seemed like a doting husband and father. We are just exploring what happened? And literally what happened in that house? However, every time someone starts that path...the response is "but crude oil" and "how is this pertinant"..."and that's not a reason for murder".
I am not sure what you mean. And why is he not very like SP? I think that he has most of the elements of SP.

There are quite a few people here who believe that SW killed the girls.

Respectfully, the WHY? may never be answered, because only one person is left alive to tell the story, and their honesty is unreliable, IMO. Whatever happened, CW chose to deal with the situation like he did.

This is my current theory**, and I'm doing research to see how common this is. MOO.

* I will caution our VI's that they might want to scroll through this post.

[**Every time that I start typing my theory, I talk myself out of it because every theory seems to conflict with this or that evidence that we know, but here goes...]

One of them killed the children--I find it unimaginable that either would do it. However, based upon the way things turned out, I am going to assume that CW did it. And here's why....

I'm going to assume that if someone asked for a separation, it was SW rather than CW. (I won't go into all of the details at this point, but I suspect that SW wanted out. That's why she spent 5 or 6 weeks in NC with family---to confirm that this is what she wanted. Maybe it had to do with discovering he had an affair, or whatever.)

I going to assume that CW loved SW, and he loved the children even more. The six week separation from SW and the children was extremely painful for him. (Remember what he said in the interview about the quiet house? That's what he lived for five weeks.)

I think that SW told him when he went to NC that she wanted a separation (that's why he seemed distant and uninvolved.) She told him she was moving to NC and taking the girls.

I think the pain of of the thought of losing SW and the girls seemed to CW to be unendurable. He had one last weekend alone with the children while she was in AZ, and he stewed over it.

I think when she got back, he begged her not to go, and she told him she was sure she wanted a divorce and she was going to start packing for the move. I think they got into an argument or fight, and I don't have to explain what happened next. Alternatively, if he knew she was coming back only to leave again, the pain may have caused him to harm the daughters before she arrived.

It wasn't really premeditated, other than it was something that had occurred to him and he couldn't get out of his mind. The fear and pain of separation haunted him and drove him to do the unspeakable.

Afterward, he "stored" and "preserved" the children at a place that was near to his heart--at an oilfield site in a beautiful field of wildflowers.

So that's it---pain of separation of something he deeply loved.

ETA: He blamed the daughter's deaths on SW because he could not admit, even to himself, the unspeakable act that he had committed.

(No, this wasn't an appropriate response by him. He should have sought professional help.)

This is interesting. I love reading theories from others. If you know your theory conflicts with evidence, why do you believe it? I see no reason to believe CW loved SW, or would beg her not to go. If the murders weren't premeditated, how could he so coolly speak of them the next day, knowing they were dead in an oil tank? Does CW's affair fit into your scenario anywhere, or do you dismiss the mention of the affair on the affidavit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23