OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #34 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That $30k in cash, for that trailer purchase, and the murders taking place, on the date they did, has always seemed like something significant. 3/21/2016 purchase date, 4/22/2016, eight folks are dead. Did someone miss a deadline? Weeks prior, did someone get shorted? The person shorted sees the trailer purchase, on 3/21, and gives them 30 days to repay. They're already in hot water, but don't realize just how hot (remember;we got this). You don't short people on weight, quality, or their money. If you can get killed over a $100, someone will most definitely kill you over $30k.

The timing has always made me think that purchase was the straw that broke the camel's back. Whether that money was skimmed, ripped off from a supplier, a loan not paid back, or whatever. My brain won't let it go...

I agree with your post!
The timing has always made me think that purchase was the straw that broke the camel's back. Whether that money was skimmed, ripped off from a supplier, a loan not paid back, or whatever. My brain won't let it go...

On a different topic.In post #7 on the first page of this thread I errored the following post should have been credited to you.
Link
OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #31
Dudly; said:
I have wondered a time or two if property was involved in the cause of the murders. Was someone upset about land being bought up under foreclosure? <snip>One of the things that got me wondering about the property angle was the close time frame between buying the property where DR lived and the murders. Was that purchase what "broke the camel's back" as they say?
So apologizes are in order! Dudly sorry to have mistakenly not given you credit.

My Opinion Only

Last edited:
Was he one of the younger in his family? Along with his parents he is preceded in death by one son, GR one granddaughter, AR, three brothers and two sisters.

He has four younger sisters, and one younger brother JR (I think he's younger), still living. He was the fourth eldest. MR (sister), along with brothers; LR, DR, and CRsr, preceded him in death.

I'm so saddened to read this. The poor man probaby died from a broken heart. Condolences to his family and friends. His interview after his son's funeral was one of the most heartbreaking interviews I've ever seen. He was so stoic, but his grief was still palpable. It's imprinted on my memory. He was also the only person to share any information about the murders. I think he knew it might help the case for people to know a little more and he wasn't afraid to share it.

RIP Mr. Rhoden. I hope there is justice for your family some day.

rsd1200,amuett1,Betty P,MittenS,Dudly this includes 'everyone' on the thread;can anyone answer a question?

In my notes from long ago I had jotted down CRsr worked at Woodland Alters. I finally got around to finding the address & lo and behold I spotted from roughly 10 years ago that 'RW' (yes he is networked into the Scioto LLC)was the owner of Woodland Alters Campground.Does anyone know any other locals who did work work at Woodland Altars Campground? The address is 33200 State Route 41Peebles, OH.

I guess the question becomes 'what' at one time or other hasn't BM and RW laid claim to? (My Opinion Only & a legitimate question in Piketon and Scioto vicinity)

Here is a PDF of an Assessment Report published at the link.Just scroll down to page 7 where it first mentions RW:
http://media1.razorplanet.com/share/511272-2452/resources/384402_WoodlandAltarsAssessmentReport.pdf

Last edited:
I'm so saddened to read this. The poor man probaby died from a broken heart. Condolences to his family and friends. His interview after his son's funeral was one of the most heartbreaking interviews I've ever seen. He was so stoic, but his grief was still palpable. It's imprinted on my memory. He was also the only person to share any information about the murders. I think he knew it might help the case for people to know a little more and he wasn't afraid to share it.

RIP Mr. Rhoden. I hope there is justice for your family some day.

His interview really got me, too. He was definitely hurting and puzzled as to why someone would do such a thing.

rsd1200,amuett1,Betty P,MittenS,Dudly this includes 'everyone' on the thread;can anyone answer a question?

In my notes from long ago I had jotted down CRsr worked at Woodland Alters. I finally got around to finding the address & lo and behold I spotted from roughly 10 years ago that 'RW' (yes he is networked into the Scioto LLC)was the owner of Woodland Alters Campground.Does anyone know any other locals who did work work at Woodland Altars Campground? The address is 33200 State Route 41Peebles, OH.

I guess the question becomes 'what' at one time or other hasn't BM and RW laid claim to? (My Opinion Only & a legitimate question in Piketon and Scioto vicinity)

Here is a PDF of an Assessment Report published at the link.Just scroll down to page 7 where it first mentions RW:
http://media1.razorplanet.com/share/511272-2452/resources/384402_WoodlandAltarsAssessmentReport.pdf

217000.00 for repairs. I wonder who was paying for that? RW or the church? The way the report reads it appears the church was paying.

This study was authorized by the Southern Ohio District Board for purpose of assessing existing conditions of the buildings and infrastructure at Woodland Altars, with the objective of identifying, quantifying and prioritizing needed repairs/replacements and improvements, projecting costs for repairs and improvements and establishing an on-going maintenance budget. The study assumes Woodland Altars will continue to be operated in the manner it has been; for church camps, outdoor educations, band camps, family camping, District retreats and events, church retreats and rentals for private events and camping. The categories included in the assessment are:

If so inclined with a compliant carpenter and other tradesmen, a lot of money could be skimmed from that 217000.00. I wonder what CRsr did for RW? and did CR1 and KR work there with him or later?

With loose accounting there is great potential of dipping your fingers into the till. Construction and remodeling is one area where loose accounting abounds and many times new materials are exchanged with used "new" materials. Dirt work ect is also rife with kickbacks to the contractor for a elevated estimate.

JMO

With loose accounting there is great potential of dipping your fingers into the till.

Gosh,Raisinisback I think we need to make you our thread ‘verified auditor or expert witness for real estate accounting’for this board. We will need Trisha’s authorization of course but even without verification,’I think ‘your pretty darn smart’.
My Opinion Only

Sorry about the double quote. I agree with u Dudley, something in the timing of these murders has always bothered me. Around that time, we have a Sheriff who either stepped down or was asked to leave. Sheriff Reader is asked to step in. MJ found at post office. Reader had been working for prosecutor Junk on his Drug Task Force before coming to Pike County. Shatter lab found, Jenkins shoots two people. Do these things connect?

Thanks for the link. Apologies, I thought you said the link to the report mentioned CR1. It only mentions RW. I'm still trying to figure out who BM is. There are multiple people in the area with those initials. Apologies for my confusion, but I'm trying to figure out what you're trying to tell us.

Who is Scioto LLC? I've done an internet search and there are several businesses with that name. Can you specify which one it is? TIA

Ok, so this looks like some local construction projects that RW was involved in. Yes, considering other activities in the area, the murders, etc, this could represent some form of money laundering

I've seen several businesses owned by the W family that are similarly suspicious, for the same reason. We've talked before about how, with W involvement, the criminal enterprises of others could be linked to churches and religious-type organizations. Good opportunities for money laundering.

Yes, a lot of people stood to lose a great deal if CR1 was snitching or had threatened to snitch on these people.

These same people would lose a lot if someone spread false information that CR1 was snitching, too.

It was a very big crime that drew worldwide media coverage. Anyone associated with the Rhoden Massacre was either:

1. Very dumb about the far-reaching, collateral effects

2. Very confident they could do the killings and escape without detection

3. Very confident that powerful people (Boss Hoggs) would protect them.

Going on 3 years now, they haven't been caught, in spite of all the focus on the case, so Number 1 doesn't apply. LE seems stumped and claims to not have enough evidence so Number 2 may apply. Since no arrests have been made, locals have been intimidated and threatened by LE, the latter offered no protection to witnesses and allowed the W "laser focus" family to leave for AK before searching their property, I lean towards Number 3 also being a factor.

The hints that they "just don't have enough evidence" in spite of their massive investigation just doesn't wash with me. JMO.

ETA: I'll also add I still believe there's some connection between W's, drug trafficking, local "churches" and religious entities and the white supremacy folks.

Also a link to the trailer for "Gone: Forgotten Women of Ohio" wherein women who were prostitutes, some drug users discussed local officials in neighboring Portsmouth: "Portsmouth is a small town. You can't walk into the Court House and not run into somebody you used with, bought from or sold to." "Public officials are into drug use, are into the prostitution..." "Girls go missing, no one investigates.."

Last edited:
Around that time, we have a Sheriff who either stepped down or was asked to leave.
<snip>
Jenkins shoots two people. Do these things connect?

Ex-deputy charged with 2 Pike County killings under scrutiny
By Lori Kurtzman, The Columbus Dispatch
Posted Dec 12, 2015 at 12:01 AM

The Pike County case has gained national attention as well as curiosity from those who wonder why a prosecutor would lend a gun to a deputy. Junk said that’s just how it goes in tight-knit communities such as his. <snip>
He (Junk)routinely trades, sells and lends guns to law-enforcement officers and friends.
Link

From the article in The Columbus Dispatch;could someone explain to me the the sentence highlighted in red? I just cannot process it. It makes no sense. Does it make sense to anyone else? I cannot believe that Dispatch put that in print. I would think people would be asking lots of questions to all local elected officials.

Maybe I'm just not familiar with Ohio justice department policies. To residents of Ohio this may be standard operating procedure.

Thanks Amauet1 for you post you have given me something to sleep on.

My Opinion Only

Last edited:
By Lori Kurtzman, The Columbus Dispatch
Posted Dec 12, 2015 at 12:01 AM

The Pike County case has gained national attention as well as curiosity from those who wonder why a prosecutor would lend a gun to a deputy. Junk said that’s just how it goes in tight-knit communities such as his. <snip>
He (Junk)routinely trades, sells and lends guns to law-enforcement officers and friends.
Link

From the article in The Columbus Dispatch;could someone explain to me the the sentence highlighted in red? I just cannot process it. It makes no sense. Does it make sense to anyone else? I cannot believe that Dispatch put that in print. I would think people would be asking lots of questions to all local elected officials.

Maybe I'm just not familiar with Ohio justice department policies. To residents of Ohio this may be standard operating procedure.

Thanks Amauet1 for you post you have given me something to sleep on.

My Opinion Only

Agree very much. It doesn't sound like a good policy - prosecutors selling and trading guns to LE and friends. But it's even worse when the prosecutor loans onean ex cop who is already in trouble and who then uses that gun to kill an innocent person again.

And in spite of all these guns and such, no one knows how to solve murders in Pike County. They have a long list of unsolved murders.

Last edited:
<snip>RW. I'm still trying to figure out who BM is. There are multiple people in the area with those initials. Apologies for my confusion, but I'm trying to figure out what you're trying to tell us.

Betty P. I agree with your post.Thanks also for asking for clarification.

To answer your first question the bold two initials above are the owners of the BBL.The second question you asked was the entire LLC name,'Scioto River Trading Company LLC'.

Any of my posts unless I specify a link are my opinion.

Betty P. I agree with your post.Thanks also for asking for clarification.

To answer your first question the bold two initials above are the owners of the BBL.The second question you asked was the entire LLC name,'Scioto River Trading Company LLC'.

Any of my posts unless I specify a link are my opinion.

Thanks for clearing that up. I can't always keep up with initials, there have been so many people/names discussed in this case. Good grief, so many people involved in strange activities.

Thanks for the link. Apologies, I thought you said the link to the report mentioned CR1. It only mentions RW. I'm still trying to figure out who BM is. There are multiple people in the area with those initials. Apologies for my confusion, but I'm trying to figure out what you're trying to tell us.

Who is Scioto LLC? I've done an internet search and there are several businesses with that name. Can you specify which one it is? TIA

Ok, so this looks like some local construction projects that RW was involved in. Yes, considering other activities in the area, the murders, etc, this could represent some form of money laundering

I've seen several businesses owned by the W family that are similarly suspicious, for the same reason. We've talked before about how, with W involvement, the criminal enterprises of others could be linked to churches and religious-type organizations. Good opportunities for money laundering.

Yes, a lot of people stood to lose a great deal if CR1 was snitching or had threatened to snitch on these people.

These same people would lose a lot if someone spread false information that CR1 was snitching, too.

It was a very big crime that drew worldwide media coverage. Anyone associated with the Rhoden Massacre was either:

1. Very dumb about the far-reaching, collateral effects

2. Very confident they could do the killings and escape without detection

3. Very confident that powerful people (Boss Hoggs) would protect them.

Going on 3 years now, they haven't been caught, in spite of all the focus on the case, so Number 1 doesn't apply. LE seems stumped and claims to not have enough evidence so Number 2 may apply. Since no arrests have been made, locals have been intimidated and threatened by LE, the latter offered no protection to witnesses and allowed the W "laser focus" family to leave for AK before searching their property, I lean towards Number 3 also being a factor.

The hints that they "just don't have enough evidence" in spite of their massive investigation just doesn't wash with me. JMO.

ETA: I'll also add I still believe there's some connection between W's, drug trafficking, local "churches" and religious entities and the white supremacy folks.

Also a link to the trailer for "Gone: Forgotten Women of Ohio" wherein women who were prostitutes, some drug users discussed local officials in neighboring Portsmouth: "Portsmouth is a small town. You can't walk into the Court House and not run into somebody you used with, bought from or sold to." "Public officials are into drug use, are into the prostitution..." "Girls go missing, no one investigates.."

I have to agree, I can't believe they are lacking evidence......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member